[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be gay bottom >still annoyed that literally every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: Black-Sails-205-12.png (159KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Sails-205-12.png
159KB, 550x309px
>be gay bottom
>still annoyed that literally every single tv show created in the last decade has a mandatory homosexual relationship

It just feels forced at this point. Well, it always felt forced, but especially in shows like Black Sails where it totally doesn't fit at all considering the time period. Literally everyone treated gays like dirt and yet every single "historical" drama I've watched has a gay couple right smack dab in the middle of a society that would have never tolerated that, and yet the gay couple is always friends with the protagonist or one of them is the protagonist and they always play it off like they're living in the 21st century when everyone knows it WOULD NEVER go down like that in reality.

I might be gay but I'm also a history buff, so I really don't appreciate liberals shoving their ideology into a historical setting where it has no place.
>>
Fuck off faggot.

I hate faggots so goddamn much.
>>
>>79663369
/thread
>>
>>79663369

Then what are you doing here?
>>
>>79663270
>Literally everyone treated gays like dirt

That's literally what happened in Black Sails
>>
>>79663270
I'm a fag too and I'm currently writing a screenplay which features a gay character in medieval times being treated like shit and having no friends.
>>
File: 1487652720986.jpg (55KB, 479x592px) Image search: [Google]
1487652720986.jpg
55KB, 479x592px
>self-loathing intensifies

hello amerikuk
>>
>>79663426
nah see all of his progressive pirate friends are ok with it when in reality he'd NEVER be able to retain the respect of pirates if it were known that he was gay
>>
>>79663369
Might want to leave /tv/ then, senpai.
>>
>>79663457
sounds like just the sort of dry, historically accurate period piece I've been looking for! godspeed faggotanon
>>
>>79663481
only his inner circle knew
>>
>>79663481
None of the pirates know about it except for silver you dumb fuck
>>
Gays are never more than 1% of the population.
10 % in a modern faggot loving country like the us by the most biased estimates.

Is impossible that thet have so many gay characters in those period dramas.
>>
As a bi top I have to say I don't care what they put on TV for m/m relationships so long as its hot.

I still demand and don't see any m/m/f poly relationships depicted anywhere.
>>
>>79663822
silver wouldn't have been cool with it, in fact unless he uses that fact to undermine Flint, I won't be satisfied. And besides they're not the only gay couple on this show, and the other gay couple likewise gets absolutely no heat for it.

Face it, it's clear they tried to roll with a "genuine compassion" route with the reveal to silver in that he acted in a way that was genuinely sympathetic when in reality if one pirate told another that he was gay, he'd be mocked and stripped of command that very night.

Also his wife knew and was OK with it which is ridiculous, not to mention his homosexuality wasn't brought up at his trial when that would have been the ice breaker right there for the crowd.

Face it, television shows always have a gay couple and surround said gay couple with progressive, liberal friends that, despite being in a time period where progressives had not yet even touched on the subject of homosexuality, they all have modern, 21st century ideals that simply take me out of it.
>>
>>79663270
But Flint was chased out of England precisely because of his relationship with Thomas. People in London did give a fuck, otherwise he would've disregarded the threats
>>
>>79664486
oh and it's a bit off topic but the fact that silver got together with a black chick is just icing on the cake. You've got gay, interracial, and lesbian couples in a goddamn 18th century historical piece, at the literal height of racism.

The other thing I hate about tv shows is the absolute plethora of fucking female leaders everywhere. I literally stopped watching the CW's 100 because of the hilariously unrealistic amount of female leaders in a pre-civilization society that would have NEVER been so progressive, especially if the leader is supposed to be the best warrior in the crew according to their own lore. It literally requires a high level society for women to have rights and maintain leadership positions, and yet liberals love writing situations with progressive ideals in an environment where it utterly clashes with the setting. I mean really, I'm sick of the "female leader" trope in historical dramas, there should be absolutely no women in positions of power at this point in history, Max is the only realistic powerful female in that she uses her feminine wiles to gain information instead of being Ms. Elenour "I'M A STRONK WOMAN DON'T NEED NO MAN OR DADDY AND EVEN PIRATES ARE SCARED OF ME"
>>
>>79664752
He had a black wife in the book.

Having a black wife for a noble would be untolerable, but he's a pirate. It doesn't bug me that much.

The gay subplot however was really trash and i'm glad they never alluded to it again after season 2
>>
>>79664823
>glad they never alluded to it again
i have bad news ...
>>
>>79664902
What, in the last episode they talked about that ?
desu i skip a lot of dialogue scenes, especially those with Flint, because i can't stand him
>>
>>79664270
there was that scene in Young Pope where the young cardinal had a great time taking dick while fucking a spic chick
>>
>>79663270
>be gay top
>still annoyed there aren't enough gay femboys in television
Why, /tv/, why?
>>
>>79663270

Good point but what's more irritating is it's never relatable/realistic either. Of you're going to force a gay couple in a a historical series at least make it seem genuine and plausible. But they don't, because it's just there for straight girls to fap to and write fanfic for.

Why stipulate being a bottom tho, does that make you more gay?

Also, do you have a good butt?
>>
>>79665325
>Why stipulate being a bottom tho, does that make you more gay?
not him, but yes

bottom = submissive = even bigger fag
>>
>>79665325
idk people tend to think of bottoms as more liberal and "feminine" so I'm just saying that even as the stereotypical faggot, I'm turned off by historical inaccuracies especially when it comes to gay relationships
>>
>>79665325
Of course that makes him more gay. There's nothing gay about fucking dudes.
>>
>>79663270
Milo pls go and stay go
>>
>>79663270
>be gay bottom
/r/AsABlackMan
>>
>>79663270
I hate them because there's enough terrible romance already.
>>
>>79664973

Fuck that scene was hot, not even a fag, but god damn.
>>
>>79664946

>skipping scenes

this isn't how you watch television anon
>>
File: 1485815349645.png (198KB, 1190x838px) Image search: [Google]
1485815349645.png
198KB, 1190x838px
>>79663270
tfw Flint is literally the bottom
>>
>>79665430

Oh you're right. Boipussy is still pussy.
>>
>>79665325
>Why stipulate being a bottom tho, does that make you more gay?
Cos it shows he knows the lingo and is totally an actual real gay homo faggot.
>>
File: 1476709042804.png (711KB, 736x741px) Image search: [Google]
1476709042804.png
711KB, 736x741px
>>79664973
>>79665462
What the fuck? Am I being bamboozled or does this actually happen?
>>
>>79664752
>>79664823
Yeah, Silver had a black wife in the 1882 book. He was evil pirate so i guess it made sense he would marry the devil.

And in the series Silver is not a "proper pirate" yet, just an opportunistic rogue, not the type to care for "manliness" of his captain in that sense. Especially if it is profitable for him to stay wtih Flint. Though i agree on your points about all the liberal agenda they pushing at the expense of historical accuracy.

One thing i realised though is in the series they make the surrendering right. You know how hollywood exaggregates casualities where in a battle where real army would lose 15% during the day of intense battle in the movies they would lose 50% in an hour. In Black Sails they still show too much people getting shot by volleys and stabbed in melee, but if you look at the result of fights where the bulk of the losing force usually ends up prisoners insted of dead(unless it's an emotional revenge fight) that is rather more realistic.
>>
>>79665415

It's because neoliberals are not really that much more tolerant, and it's just patronizing unrealistic bullshit made to appeal to straight women. Gays are just pet dogs and condescending plot devices.
>>
>>79663270

Historically, pirates were booty divers, men sailing together for years at a time without going home to see women = a different time.

Companionable romantic relationships were literally an 18th century invention.

Most people got into marriage through arranged marriage which is why the idea of dowry exists, since women were seen as a weight on the family, the dowry was an equitable exchange. Women were in essence no better than livestock.

You need to put your thinking cap on sometimes but our world looked different when that history went down, so yes, booty stabbing happened, different from what they show in modern stuff but that is just liberal bias.
>>
>>79665494

(^:

He should post his slut butt as proof then.
>>
>not being a flip flopper
I feel bad for most MSM
>>
>>79665672
>its the "yo I'm vers and everyone should be vers otherwise you're bad/wrong/lying to yourself!!"

There you are, was wondering when youd show up.
>>
>>79665672
>not being a dom
>not having full control over your qt boy slut's sexuality and lifestyle
>>
>>79665849
but what if I want to be controlled and have my lifestyle directed for me?
>>
>>79665924

Then bend over.
>>
if gay shit bothers you then you're probably a closet case or a muslim and should kill yourself either way
>>
File: tumblr_nxezdfBxri1sqs76xo1_500.png (306KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxezdfBxri1sqs76xo1_500.png
306KB, 500x560px
I'm sorry you feel that way OP. But I must admit I was pretty salty when they announced that show about Egypt and everyone was a lesbian. And the whole trailer was just lebians. Thank god it was never made.
>>
>>79665584
>Historically, pirates were booty divers,
again you with this fake/faggot's dream history.

> men sailing together for years at a time without going home to see women
they have a starting point and an arriving point, retard, not living in the ocean for years, but travel from harbor to harbor (from whorehouse to whorehouse).

Just because they were outcast from legal civilization, doesn't mean because of faggotry, it could've been bc they were criminals.
>>
>>79664946
>desu i skip a lot of dialogue scenes
Figures.
>>
>>79664946
All Flint's dialogues are based wtf man don't be a faggot
>>
>>79663270
This is part of a broader trope that's annoying as hell.

>Historical setting
>Character has modern views and philosophies
>Viewers then see this character as morally superior to the other characters with views more realistic for the time period

Shit like
>Victorian woman has 21st century womens rights views
>Slave era drama has character with modern civil rights views

There's a difference between writing a historical character with progressive-for-the-time views vs progressive-by-modern-standards views.
>>
Forced gay scenes are partially why I dropped the wire. Also because it was boring as fuck.
>>
you're just an idiot who bought into the /pol/ thing

homosexuality was always in the background and there were always people not gay but okay with it

but enjoy your stockholm syndrome trump narrative I guess
>>
>>79666271

Anon we have journals from navy people..fake history ...

nevermind.
>>
>>79665465
I watch religiously the scenes with Rackham, but Flint and Max, there are times where i just cant
>>
File: 1487458641570.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1487458641570.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>79663270
>Black Sails
>tolerated gays
>Thomas dumped in an insane asylum where he thought to have killed himself
>Flint only escaped hanging because of his rank, dishonorably discharged and had to leave his country in the middle of the night to a new deadly continent 'cause he's ruined otherwise

>tolerated

yea ok buddy
>>
What will you do now that your book deal has been cancelled, Milo?
>>
>>79668569
he is thought*
>>
>>79664486
You are wrong you dumb fuck the father of the gay guy was a powerful politician and rich if people found out his son is gay he would have been ridiculed and would lose his place in society.I hope this is bait and retards like you dont really exist
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.