[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw in 300 Leonidas calls the Athenians "boylovers"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 300_leonidas_sparta.jpg (79KB, 842x557px) Image search: [Google]
300_leonidas_sparta.jpg
79KB, 842x557px
>mfw in 300 Leonidas calls the Athenians "boylovers" when in fact pederasty was far more common in Sparta than it was in Athens and was basically institutionalized as part of the agoge
>>
>>79650718
Wow, it's almost like 300 was based off of a graphic novel that was very loosely based on history.

Here's another shocker, there were 300 Spartans at Thermopylae but there were also over a thousand other soldiers fighting alongside them, not just the handful of Athenians you see in the movie.
>>
nah, they fucked full grown hairy muscular tanned sweaty men
>>
>>79650796
at least the story of Othryades is still untainted
>>
>>79650718
And how Leonidas constantly brought up the Persian institution of slavery as an example of how evil they were while the Spartans literally hunted slaves for sport.
>>
>athenians fucked boys
>spartans fucked men

That's the difference
>>
all the spartans were gay because it made them better warriors. FACT
>>
>Study ancient history
>A year later this comes out and retards everywhere think it's a documentary
>>
>>79650718
friends don't let anglos write about classical history.
>b-but is fantasy
it does not introduces itself as such.
>>
>>79651109
how's that degree working out for you, anon?
>>
>>79651179

It was only an A-level but it was very interesting thanks.
>>
>>79651044
The spartan rite of passage was to kill a slave without getting caught by his owner
>>
>>79651196
no problembuddy take it easy
>>
>>79651160
>it does not introduces itself as such.
It's literally got fantastical elements in the story.
>>
>>79651160
Hol up so you be saying that xerses actually had wizards and giants fighting for him in real life? Shiet respect
>>
File: image.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>79651179
>tfw nearly finished an Ancient History degree.

Why did I fall for the meme.
>>
>>79651259
>nearly finished
why didn't you just finish it, if you had already time invested in it?
>>
>>79651259

You should Ephorce yourself to finish ;^)
>>
>>79651109
Weird. The ONLY people I've ever seen mention 300's historical accruracy are triggered history autists like yourself. Everyone else just says "heh cool action movie".
>>
Raping your enemies is probably the most evil thing you can do to them
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.