[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favourite show and why is it Firefly? >Firefly/Serenity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: firefly-231032.jpg (80KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
firefly-231032.jpg
80KB, 665x375px
What's your favourite show and why is it Firefly?

>Firefly/Serenity general

Do you think a Firefly reboot would work? Maybe an entirely different crew, or same crew different story.

Judging by how good tv is in the now, I can't see it getting fucked up - unless they try too hard to capture the charm instead of creating it's own charm.
>>
>>79643510
This show is only remembered as good because it got half a season. And I would bet my shekels that if it ran longer it wouldn't be utter ass. Stop fawning over a show that's almost 20 years old
>>
>>79644305

Unfortunately this, the show was good because it died in the honeymoon phase.
>>
Am I a lion?
>>
File: Angel-tv-header-v1.jpg (146KB, 1069x700px) Image search: [Google]
Angel-tv-header-v1.jpg
146KB, 1069x700px
Unfortunately Firefly is not my favorite Whedon show, but it is probably my second or third. The only show I'm 100 percent uncertain about was Dollhouse and that's because I never watched it.

Firefly was a fantastic show that was ahead of its time. Shame Fox murdered the episode order. Mal is my favorite character and I know that's considered a pleb choice.
>>
>>79643510
Farscape is literally Firefly but better.

All this show has is banter.
>>
>>79644560
Dollhouse is amazeballs, you should totes watch it.
>>
>>79644600
Really? If that's the case then I'm pumped I got something to watch. Hate to use this comparison, but how does it stack up to Angel? Also how's the chemistry on the main cast?

Favorite Whedon Ensembles
1. Angel Investigations
2. The Serenity Crew
3. Avengers
4. Cabin in the Woods Teenagers
5. Scooby Gang
>Xander is insufferable.
>Willow is a psychotic bitch with a superiority complex.
>Anna is a sociopath.
>Giles and Spike make the team.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 355x142px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 355x142px
>>79644305
>>79644407

Why does that matter? The show is still good. Just because it got cancelled before it's time that automatically means it would have gotten worse? It could have, we will never know - but to brush it off pessimistically by saying "it's only good cause it got cancelled early" is shortsighted.

Also, we should stop fawning over shows and movies because they're old? Guess The Sopranos sucks balls then, it's too OLD.

>>79644459

That's weird.
>>
>>79644696
It's not in Angel's league. Firefly is a better comparison. Fox mangled Dollhouse by stretching the original pilot out into five episodes, and the show was forced to wrap up in the second season, but it still manages to be highly-entertaining, thought-provoking SF.
>>
>>79644696

Good list. I'd go

1. The Serenity Crew
2. Angel Investigations
3. Cabin in the Woods Teenagers
4. Avengers
5. Scooby Gang

Still haven't seen Dollhouse. Sounds decent enough.
>>
>>79644560

Mal's my fave too - can't go wrong with space cowboys.

>Sean Maher is fucking insufferable

I think he's the only bad part of the show. Only bad casting decision.

Jubal Early is probably my second favourite. I find The Operative very similar to him - and not just cause he's black. Maybe it was intentional or maybe a coincidence.
>>
>>79644860
I really like your list as well.

>>79644781
How would you describe the tone of the show? Campy? Dramatic?
>>
>>79645008
I love The Operative. If you haven't already done so I recommend seeing Doctor Strange just for his performance. It's subtle and awesome. And the best part is that he plays a character that is pretty much guaranteed to show up in any sequels
>>
I had the overwhelming urge to drop the show during the opening fight scene.

After I had watched 3 more episodes I realized I should have listened to my gut.

How pleb would someone have to be to actually consider this garbage their favorite show?
>>
>>79643510

>Do you think a Firefly reboot would work?

Only if Whedon had absolutely nothing to do with it.
>>
>>79643510
I watched this show and don't understand why people act like it's great. 6/10 at best.
>>
>>79645011
>We're pimps and killers, but in a philanthropic way
It's heavy, but also not lacking for humour. Gets darker as the series progresses. The flashforward episodes are chock full of tragedy. Watch it, it's a blast!
>>
>>79645116

Guess I'm the biggest pleb there is, sir.
>>
>>79645116

>three hours in
>"Wait! This is garbage!"

Your mother likely had a similar epiphany.
>>
>>79645841
lol
>>
Whedontards need to be gassed.
>>
>>79644560
>Watch Angel growing up
>Remember nothing about it except there was a green devil guy and an episode where Angel became a puppet
>That chick named Fred got possessed by a demon or something
Forgettable/10 show
>>
>>79644696
>Avengers
W
T
F
>>
File: an_american.jpg (130KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
an_american.jpg
130KB, 640x368px
>>79644574

Farscape's first season was rough, until Scorpius showed up.

Firefly hit the ground running.

Farscape was epic in the long run. Firefly really could have gone either way. It certainly had potential; kicking a guy into the engine, shooting a space cop in the face. Who knows what would have happened.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.