[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Gear Solid Movie Script Working, Director Says, Kojima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

>"Metal Gear Solid is probably the most important franchise to me on the planet. It is such a genius, idiosyncratic work and being able to spend time with [Hideo] Kojima recently has been like a dream. He’s the best and his whole team is the best. We are working on the script. That is a property that I will fight tooth and nail to make sure is done properly because it’s so easy to screw it up and so easy for a studio to try and make it into G.I. Joe or try and make it into Mission: Impossible or try and make it into something that it’s not. Metal Gear Solid needs to be exactly what it needs to be, which is Metal Gear Solid."

>Vogt-Roberts, when asked, was not committed to a PG-13 or R rating, reiterating the fact that he will make the movie whatever it needs to be, and everything else will follow suit. "I think that for me, I want to make the version of the movie that is most true to what it needs to be, so if that is a Deadpool or Logan route where you go with a smaller budget and you’re able to make it R, great. If you need to blow it out more and really get that bigger budget and go PG-13, I think it could exist in both avenues. "

>That's the bottom line in almost all of Vogt-Roberts' responses. He's a fan, and he knows what fans want to see. He's there to serve that vision alone.

>"I wanna find the version that someone like you who’s like a superfan of this property would say, ‘They did it. That’s my Metal Gear. That’s my shit.’ Beyond it being a video game movie, beyond the difference between active experience and passive experience and why people haven’t been able to translate an active experience into a good passive experience in the shape of a film, beyond that question to me it’s not even about being a video game movie, Metal Gear is an important story, an important set of characters."
>>
File: 1487479063850m.jpg (118KB, 856x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487479063850m.jpg
118KB, 856x1024px
That's a video game. Wrong board, pal.
>>
It's cool that it's being considered but like, nothing at all in Metal Gear calls for an R rating. Especially the first story.
>>
I thought MGS was a Kuntnami property.
>>
>>79639132

It is. Don't know why you'd think that would stop the movie being made though.
>>
>>79637523
Nobody is going to watch a 60 hour movie.
>>
Is Kurt Russel gonna be old snake?

pls
>>
>>79639403
It will be Norman Reedus for Snake, I guarantee it
>>
>>79639403
Maybe Old Snake
>>
>>79637523
unless thomas pynchon writes the screenplay its gonna be shit.
>>
>>79637523
I've never heard of this "directior" and I've never heard of a good videogame flick.
>>
>>79639368
Because they're cunts who want nothing more than to condense classic series into shitty mobile games and pachinko machines.

Still salty over Silent Hills.
>>
>>79639465
He's a guy following the now standard Hollywood director path, well received indie movie director > given a high budget blockbuster

He directed the new King Kong movie that's out in a week or so
>>
>>79639433
If this is based off the ps1 metal gear solid there is no old snake is there?
>>
>>79639070
maybe MGS3 might get an R rating, but that's a slim maybe.
>>
So Snake possibilities are Kiefer Sutherland, Norman Reedus, and Scott Eastwood. Any other casting ideas?
>>
>the most important franchise for me

"millenials" directors everyone
>>
>>79639670
Yeah, it's mostly just the Volgin beatings, Snake losing an eye, and maybe the Cobras disfigurement? Ultra-violence or explicit gore has never really been a thing that's mattered outside of that.

And man. I know MGS1 is iconic to a lot of people but 3 is so much more suitable as a story.
>>
>The idea of the Snake Eater opening playing on a cinema screen

muhdick.
>>
>>79637865
just want to let people know. the artist is Antony Micallef and he's fucking fantastic
>>
>>79639807
MGS3 would definitely be a much better movie adaptation. It felt more full and hard hitting than the nostalgia induced MGS1. Plus the way its laid out would be a much better 2-3 hr plotline.
>>
inb4 they make Snake somekind of vaguely asian-looking hispanic.
>>
Fucks sake, why?
>>
>>79640659
Solid Snake (and his father) are Asian-American so uh, yeah?
>>
ITT: people who care about a franchise where the protag wears a mullet
>>
>>79639471
You think Kojima got involved because he knew they'd release it either way and fuck it up even worse without him?
>>
I hope its more campy fun and less melodramatic pretentious.
>>
>>79640040
I dunno a quick google image search shows he just does more abstract disfiguiredish faces. Does he paint anything else?
>>
>A video game adaptation of a series that blatantly copies other films and tries to come off as deep and mature storytelling, when in fact it's own story is a complete fucking clusterfuck.

Yeah this will be a mess.
>>
>>79640996
it's not a problem since most of his fans are ignorant about all the influences and think Kojima is a genius that invented everything
>>
>implying Hollywood would want to make an InfoWars movie in the age of Trump
>>
Spend literally 30+ hours on each game alone to get the very complicated story across and even then it's tricky

2h 20? Easy peasy. Remove 95% on the story.
Here comes the butchering
>>
>>79639750
They need someone who's pretty but could also potentially be grizzled. That's Snake's thing, he's a hardboi but ladies keep talking about his eyes. Double that for BB
>>
the mgs series is a badly written cluster fuck. kojima is good at coming up with ideas for gameplay, but that man should never, ever, write anything again.
>>
>>79641118
Kojima's already writing a story about aliens and dimension-travelling fetusus called Death Stranding.
>>
>>79637523
What's Tom Jane been up to?

also
STANDING
>>
>>79641209
he's busy with the expanse
>>
>>79641101
Peace Walker is the only game in the series anywhere near that long story wise, maybe 4

1-3 are like 10 hours tops unless you bury yourself in the secondary material which isn't plot vital
>>
Will Snake be doing a big Boss run through the movies? Cause 13 year Olds won't want that
>>
They should do MGS3 because it was the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_4JmGCt-Q
>>
>>79640996
>>79641026
it can be done successfully.
>>
>>79637523
>Literally who directing it

I wonder who'll became black in this film.
>>
>>79641654
>Kojima is the George Lucas of the Tarantio of videogames

really made me think
>>
>no source
>kojima casting about MGS anymore

You're not alright
>>
It could be a blockbuster if they make it a send-off to Die Hard, which is what the source really was
>one man stuck in a fortified installation with an army
>heavily outnumbered
>uses wits instead of brawn to defeat threats

especially since retro is in because profitability is a flat circle it could make its budget

it just would have to go easy on the philosophy, which if done poorly would be fucking atrocious or if done well would turn off audiences

i don't want this. MGS is over, all the stories that needed to be told were told, and cinema offers no draw to me.
>>
>>79641287
Nah my play time regarding most MGS games is around 20-30 hours
You can trim it down a lot but the fact is there's so much story that you would have to dedicate at least 4-5 films to get it across coherently
Starting with MGS 3 would be a mistake as it was so effective due to seeing BB transform and see why he became evil
It's too big I think for movies to convey
MGS also has so much exposition via codec calls that's there's no effective way for the films to accurately get the info across without just directly talking to the camera
>>
>>79641784

The source is literally the DIRECTOR, you blithering idiot
>>
>>79641853
I don't see no source you dumb mother fucker. Also kojima is done with Mgs. There is literally no way Konami would allow his involvement. Think before you post cuck
>>
File: josh_holloway_2_1.jpg (17KB, 215x241px) Image search: [Google]
josh_holloway_2_1.jpg
17KB, 215x241px
>>79637523
>mfw they waited too long and now Josh Halloway is too old to play Snake

jdimsa
>>
File: game_vs_fine_art.jpg (333KB, 682x1442px) Image search: [Google]
game_vs_fine_art.jpg
333KB, 682x1442px
Can Kojima save film?
>>
File: C4SEbbQUoAAMfBk.jpg (149KB, 1610x1076px) Image search: [Google]
C4SEbbQUoAAMfBk.jpg
149KB, 1610x1076px
>>79641917
Yeah, uh, impossible. They definitely weren't getting together and meeting about it last week or anything.
>>
>>79640040
>fantastic
if ur impressed with painting bacon people, sure
>>
>>79642019
>nu-male

this explains everything
>>
>>79642019
Wow they took a picture together. Guess that means Kojimas lunch is involved with the movies production as well
>>
File: refn and kojima.jpg (154KB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
refn and kojima.jpg
154KB, 1024x656px
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.