[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>*mumbles incoherently in a thick Scottish brogue* >*responds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2408.jpg (93KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2408.jpg
93KB, 1280x721px
>*mumbles incoherently in a thick Scottish brogue*
>*responds in an incomprehensible French vocal fry*

I dare you to name a worse Shakespeare film adaptation
>>
Its all about the final battle anyway, and that one is one of the best imaginable.
>>
It was pretty at least.
>>
>being this american you can't understand slight accents
>>
>>79629837
mel gibsons hamlet is trash
>>
6/10 made me reply
>>
>>79629984
go back into the oven jew
>>
>>79629868
>red filter and claustrophobic camera keeps you from actually seeing anything
>Macbeth whispers "ring the alarum bell!" to himself in the middle of nowhere
I don't mind artsy reinterpretations of the classic tragedies, but this just came across as trying way too fucking hard
>>
I didn't have an issues understanding the language. But I agree on one thing, it's a bad film. Looks nice, but that's about it.
>>
>>79629947
>scottish
>slight accent
There was a point, watching Snatch that I thought Pitt's character was talking fluent scottish.
>>
File: IMG_2409.jpg (312KB, 1062x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2409.jpg
312KB, 1062x1500px
How about best adaptations? The BBC and Globe ones are all good from an acting perspective, but they're not cinematic. Pic related is probably the best Shakespeare movie in recent years.
>>
>>79630066
Wasn't that supposed to be an Irish accent?
>>
>>79629837

>Ameriplebs trying to watch Shakespeare

relax, your reaction is quite normal.
I think there is an Americanized version, its all gangstas N shit.
>>
File: KinoBeth.jpg (559KB, 2400x1324px) Image search: [Google]
KinoBeth.jpg
559KB, 2400x1324px
>>79629837
>name a worse Shakespeare film adaptation
MacBeth 2015 was fucking kino. Just because the language was too hard on ya, lad, doesn't mean it's fucking shit. Fassbender and Cotillard nailed it, and the directing was fucking amazing.
>>
>>79630809
>>79630713
Motherfuckers please. I can recite most of the Richard III soliloquies by heart. I touched a first folio in DC. It's a bad adaption.
>>
>>79631161
Why?
>>
>>79630631
yes
>>
File: 014-throne-of-blood.jpg (68KB, 792x603px) Image search: [Google]
014-throne-of-blood.jpg
68KB, 792x603px
the best adaptation has arrived
>>
>>79630243
underrated as fuck
>>
>>79631361
Throne Of Blood is the best, but Kurzel's is quite good, too, especially visuals wise.
>>
>>79630033
digits confirm
>>
>>79629837
Your favorite one.
>>
>>79630243
Ralph Fiennes is fantastic in this.
>>
>>79629837
>>79630033
>>79631161
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>79630243
Need to see that. I'd say some good film adaptations are:

Polanski's Macbeth
Branagh's Henry V

Chimes At Midnight isn't an adaptation of a single play, but I think it counts
>>
>>79631549
>Polanski's
Pile of garbage.
>>
>>79630809
wtf this looks like garbage
>>
>>79631580
no u
>>
>>79631224
There's room for interpretive changes in order to make the work more interesting, like having Macbeth intimidate Malcolm immediately after he discovers the body. The problem is that the movie is so self-consciously artsy that it does ridiculous shit like having Macbeth fucking his wife when he decides to kill Duncan, or having dialogue that only makes sense when spoken be internal monologues.
>>
File: kinobeth3.jpg (3MB, 5752x4800px) Image search: [Google]
kinobeth3.jpg
3MB, 5752x4800px
>>79631590
No, you.
>>
>>79630022
shouldnt you be sucking cock to keep your minimum wage mcjob amerikain?
>>
>>79631580
This

Macbeth adaptations

>god-tier
Kurzel, Kurosawa, Trevor Nunn

>good-tier
Welles

>meh tier
Polanski

>shit tier
Strayan Macbeth
>>
>>79631533
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Bane thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" CIA agent guy, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a capeshit movie. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Banefag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "FOR YOU FOR YOU FOR YOU." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...
>>
>>79631580
That end fight though
>>
>>79631681
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>79629837
>Implying I even knew wtf was going on.
>>
do we even get "tragedies" anymore?
>>
>>79631726
I forgot the John Torturro one, the one where he's a mafia man killing his capo Rod Steiger. Put it in good tier.
>>
>>79631620
>>79631719
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>79631839
If you're thinking of something like MacBeth or Oedipus, we certainly don't.
>>
>>79631873
I have a trip in order to give people like you the opportunity to filter my posts. You should be thanking me for my generosity
>>
>>79631883
Carlito's way but shit, that was 25 years ago already. Beasts of no Nation surprisingly shied away from the expected tragic finale, so it doesn't classify. I'm inclined to say Pan's Labyrinth has some of the tropes if you look at the figure of the captain. I Saw the Devil is definitely a tragedy, so are A Bittersweet Life and The Yellow Sea. I think Koreans dabble in tragedy far more than Westerners, mostly because they go full out when it comes to the endings where most Western films feel the need to at least offer a bittersweet one
>>
>>79631956
Shut the FUCK up namefag
>>
>>79632035
Oldboy, the original, was a good modern tale of Oedipus, even though it's the weakest in the trilogy.

>>79632064
PREACH IT, MAN!
>>
>>79631956
That's not how this works, faggot. Go to Reddit if you want an account and people to recognize you.
>>
>>79631883
I was thinking about this the other day 'cause i don't think horror movies or thrillers can really be classed as tragedies, but I'd consider something like requiem for a dream some sort of modern tragedy.
>>
The one with Patrick Stewart was pretty shit.
>>
>>79631839
I suppose we have to let time have its way with it, but horror films are often tragic in nature.
>the descent
>alien 3
>wicker man
>texas chainsaw massacre

When it comes to literature McCarthy's books are splendidly tragic. There's a good amount of tragedy in Eastern European literature, especially from the Balkans. For reference, Kazantzakis and Kadare.
>>
>>79632184
He was great in it, as expected, but the cast was weak and the cinematography uninteresting. Meh-tier. Great performance by him tho.
>>
>>79632184
He's the best screen Macbeth though
>>
File: ian.jpg (23KB, 400x523px) Image search: [Google]
ian.jpg
23KB, 400x523px
>>79632948
That's McKellen you twat.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.