[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let's talk about one of the deepest twists in movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: tyler and jack.jpg (25KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
tyler and jack.jpg
25KB, 511x288px
So let's talk about one of the deepest twists in movies and what it means:

Why did Jack's friend, Tyler Durden, blow up his apartment?
>>
File: 1486474348492.jpg (21KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
1486474348492.jpg
21KB, 300x316px
>>79616698
>>
Every teenager on the planet over-hypes Fight Club, Donnie Darko and A Clockwork Orange, and I wish I could directly pin down why exactly, aside from being very accessible in terms of "getting the message".
>>
>>79616698
Because he was in love with him and wanted him to have a reason to live in his shitty house
>>
>>79616774
A Clockwork Orange is excellent.
People just shit on it because its 'edgy'.
>>
>>79616774
Maybe 10/15 years ago, but today's teenagers are not into A Clockwork Orange or Fight Club at all. It's too "violent" and "cynical".
>>
>>79617007
I doubt that. What then, if not these?
>>
>>79616774
They don't over hype those movies you retard at least not anymore teenagers today over hype Marvel and other cancer shit like Star Wars. Fight Club and Donnie Darko are good films and deserve their praise, they are a lot better than the unoriginal trash that comes out today. Its just that these movies you listed have been over exposed to /tv/ and have some what become cult memes on this site.
>>
>>79616774
Calling good movies good isn't overhyping you literal autist.
>>
>>79616774
Because they're cool.

lmao if you think teenagers understand the messages of any of those movies
>>
>>79616774
Fight Club is a great movie, but not for the reason that teenage dudebros think.
>>
>implying this isn't kino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyfGwlf_l0
>>
>>79617107
>no dude fight club is satire!
nah, you're wrong. It's good for the exact reason dudebros like it.
>>
>>79617067
>GoT
>twd
>interstellar
>anime
I'm 19 and that's what peers my age talk about and yes it's fucking atrocious. no one i know would even know about Kubrick other than "that Shining guy right XD" and prolly hasn't even seen fight club AND NO WAY has seen Donnie Darko.
>tfw no kinofriends
you're all I got /tv/
>>
>>79616774
>when a 30 year old tries to tell you want teenagers are doing these days
your age is showing. teenagers dont watch donnie darko they watch akira.
>>
>>79617226
>>79617067
Mainly this. GoT, Star Wars, Marvel crap and youtube celebrities.
>>
>>79616698

What? Have you not payed attention? Tyler says: "Things you own end up owning you. You are only free to do anything after you've lost everything."
Go figure, kid.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.