[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /tv/ talk about Portlandia? >comfy int

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 960.jpg (113KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
113KB, 960x540px
Why doesn't /tv/ talk about Portlandia?

>comfy intro
>picks on hipsters, feminists, yuppies, etc
>tasteful celebrity cameos
>whimsy, and sometimes absurdist
>qt carrie comedy waifu

It's got something for everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qzsEzRPgO4
>>
>>79613362
It gets old fast and is pretty repetitive, and Fred Armisen is about 1/10th as funny as he thinks he is. It's not bad, but it's not all that good, either.
>>
>>79613362
because unless you are a stupid hipster 90% of that parody is lost on you
>>
>>79613362
I find it an interesting show to watch but I can't tell what is supposed to be funny and what they're making fun of or if it's supposed to show portland as normal.
>>
>>79613425

The later seasons get pretty weird and less comedic.
>>
>>79613385
This.
I stopped watching after season 2, because the premise gets old fast.

It's not really picking on hipsters because Fred and Carrie are massive hipsters. Hipsters give them tons of hipster cred, because it's more like self-aware lampooning than actual mockery.

They try too hard to be weird with the faces and sound effects, making themselves look like a third rate Tim and Eric copycat.
>>
>>79613362
I really like carrie and have since the 90s. But the premise of rhe show gets old fast. Its on what, season 7 now? Thats about 5 seasons too long.
>>
>>79613362
Maybe it's funny if you live in Wisconsin but if you live in a non rural area a lot of us are exposed to this shit all day long and it's not something you wanna relax and enjoy it's something you need to escape.
>>
>>79613385
>It gets old fast and is pretty repetitive, and Fred Armisen is about 1/10th as funny as he thinks he is
this, tee-bee-aytch desu familia
>>
the feminist bookstore segments are generally always good. the one with steve buscemi in the first episode always make me laugh
>>
>>79613362
I live in Portland and no one even talks about it here
>>
>>79613362

I've legitimately been putting together a means to purchase a few dozen acres of land for farming and recreation purpose and putting one of those exact trailer houses onto it- one for living purposes, and a small insulated pod for entertainment purposes like video gaming or music.
>>
Pretty funny show. I don't go out of my way to watch it, but I'll stick around if I catch it while it's on.
>>
>>79613362
I dunno, i really like it but it's hard to watch in episodes. I always find the openings fucking hilarious though.
>>
>>79613385
this
but 1 more episode is a BSGfag must see
>>
>now now nooow
>>
>>79613385

That's funny. I never liked Fred Armisen until Portlandia. Although I did like the Kat and Garth bits on SNL.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.