[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the message that Kubrick wanted pass with the end of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: download (15).jpg (6KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
6KB, 289x174px
>I was cured allright
>>
bumpin for answers
>>
>>79606936
What's better? Being free and natural tho your behaviour may be destructive or being conditioned by society
>>
Sometimes the asshole wins in the end
Evil doesn't exist only in thugs, but in the upper class as well

He was being facetious when saying he was cured.
>>
>>79607232
pretty much this

It was about showing good in evil and evil in good
>>
>>79606936
>brits are well quirky hehe xDDD
>>
>It was about showing good in evil and evil in good

What you mean by this?

>pic unrelated
>>
Last line is fairly subversive. Right before it Alex re-uses a line from earlier in the film he told to Deltoid, when he lied to him. That combined with the marriage metaphor at the end is a sign that he intends to betray the minister.
>>
>>79606936
Changing ones nature is unatural, trying to force someone to do so is cruel and unusual punishment
>>
>>79606936
Violence is part of human nature and cant be cured
>>
>>79606936
his worst film
the epitome of indulgence
>>
>>79608675
Nah, the shining
>>
>>79608898
Nah,Full Metal Jacket is the "worst"
>>
>>79607214
more like society tells you youre free and natural but you're really destructive
>>
>>79608979
Nope it's Barry Lyndon. I failed to see the point in that movie
Not that a movie needs one but when compared to a film with a message it will always be outdone
>>
>>79608979
FMJ has its problems mainly the second half but all of paris island is some of the best stuff ive seen
>>
File: 9XPF6lg.jpg (173KB, 1130x768px) Image search: [Google]
9XPF6lg.jpg
173KB, 1130x768px
>>79606936
there is a happy medium between being nuts and fucking up random people for fun and being a little pussy who cant defend himself
>>
>>79609193
The second part is lost on people with no service experience. There are things there mostly veterans will get.
Many of you only like the first half because just like the recruits depicted on screen, you're green and clueless. The general audience can relate to the guys being trained and stripped of their civilian personas more than they can with the full fledged soldier
>>
>>79606936
Is this movie really worth watching? I tried once and got to the part where they're in the stupid looking car giggling and shut it off. Seemed gay dude like mad gay. Randomly assault some homeless dude I just don't get it
>>
>>79609738
Stop posting
>>
>>79609738
Thug life.
>>
>>79607673
>Showing good in evil

It champions the virtues of independence and free will through a gang raping, murdering, psychopath.

>Evil in good

Showing the evils present (i.e.the brainwashing and abuse of Alex) in reforming him to become a good citizen.

Essentially, it is that you can observe positive aspects in evil actions and that things that benefit society can have their roots in evil.
>>
>>79609815
>>79609827
I'll take that as a no it's mad gay
>>
>>79609738
Go ahead and pass on it if you are over 16 years old. I tried to rewatch it a couple years back and I couldn't get 15 minutes in before shutting it off. I felt embarrassed just watching it.
>>
>>79609427
Who is this?
>>
>>79608456
It's my nature to try to change others' natures
>>
>>79606936
The original story's message was that many in youth are impressionable and susceptible to causing violence. Kubrick threw away that chapter and changed the moral to you can't make bad people good. It is unethical to choose what is good in others. You are not their judge.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.