[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching this for the first time. I know this will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: brother_prim.png (473KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
brother_prim.png
473KB, 640x430px
Just finished watching this for the first time. I know this will be one of my few yearly rewatchables. It's pure CoenKINO. What other CoenKINO films would you recommend /tv/? Seen Fargo, Hail Caesar and Inside Llewyn Davis already, loved all of them. Big Lebowski and No Country For Old Men are next on my watch list.
>>
Barton Fink is pretty good
>>
You're in for a treat with the next two.
>>
Barton Fink, Fargo, O Brother, The Man Who Wasn't There and Burn After Reading are all Top tier "comedies"

No Country and Millers Crossing are more serious movies, yet great in their own right.

Rest of their stuff is a bit overrated.
>>
>>79604465
Skip Big Lebowski
It is an overrated comedy and by far their most overrated work
>>
>>79604910
>so what did we learn
>i don't know sir
>>
>>79604987
That doesn't mean it is bad though, anon.
>>
>>79604910
>>79605036
was Burn After Reading their most misanthropic movie?
>>
>>79604465
big lebowski and a serious man are my favorites. also check out hudsucker proxy and ladykillers, they're not as good as the ones you've seen, but still very characteristic of coens and enjoyable.
>>
>>79605089

It felt like them directly saying all the audience of stuff like the Bourne films are childish idiots.

It's great.
>>
>>79604465
From my point of view it's not that good.
>>
Christ, didn't think they made this many movies. Let's hope I'm in for a treat on this CoenKINOtrain.

Time to open up my torrent machine.
>>
>>79604987

Is Lebowski overrated? Yes
Does that mean you shouldn't watch it? Absolutely not.
>>
>>79604465

How fucking young are you?
>>
>>79605667
22 this year anon, I have no genuine reason as to why I haven't seen O' Brother until tonight.
>>
>>79605460
lebowski was my first coen movie, i saw it as a junior in highschool, and it resonated with me in a way few movies have before or since. it's one of my favorite movies. that said, big lebowski fans tend to be toxic neo-hippy types or tryhards, and most have a very shallow understanding of the movie and still revere it to extreme. it's sad that a movie as good as tbl has to deal with the shadow cast upon it by it's cult following.
>>
I'm the first to mention The Man Who Wasn't There, which is their most underrated.
>>
>>79605737
And you haven't seen Big Lebowski or No Country either?

Just ain't right.
>>
>>79605827
I know man, I feel ashamed.

Tbqh, I've seen bits and bops of Lebowski when I was younger and it was around on TV, but never really caught any special interest in it. So I'm having an evening of catching up with CoenKINO film I never watched.
>>
>>79606036
Well, as others have said check out Burn After Reading as well, it's pretty good.
>>
Raising Arizona is very nice and heartwarming in a way
>>
Watch A Serious Man.
Its essential /jewcore/, but its prolly their most underrated(and my favorite)movie
>>
File: 0021351200000.jpg (22KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
0021351200000.jpg
22KB, 350x350px
>>79604465

Blood Simple
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.