[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goodfellas made the mobster life seem absolutely miserable, while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: the-sopranos-2_7524[3].jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
the-sopranos-2_7524[3].jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
Goodfellas made the mobster life seem absolutely miserable, while The Sopranos was straight up /comfy/ most of the time.

Was The Sopranos a dishonest show?
>>
>>79597457
>Goodfellas made the mobster life seem absolutely miserable
only the last third
>>
Yes. Tony seemed to sleep in until midday, walk around his house in a dressing gown for a few hours, pop to the Bing/Satriale's and then go out for dinner and get wasted. How did he ever make any fucking cash?
>>
>>79597535
he got a cut of everyones rackets
>>
Here's why OP, the top mobsters get young impressionable men to do their dirty work that could give them a life sentence in jail while they do minor shit like organise card games and take money from local businesses for favours in the community.
>>
>>79597630

But how did he know what the fuck their rackets were?
He seemed totally out of touch with anything that people didn't come directly to him about. Silvio must have worked hella hard on his behalf
>>
>>79597681
they have a minimum to kick up each week, remember when chris gets made and he has to kick up to paulie 2k per week? it's like that up the chain
>>
>You know, when you asked me what Irina's cousin had, that you don't have? Well, I thought about it, 'cause it's a pretty good fucking question. And yes, she's sexy enough even with the one pin gone, but that's not it. I could converse with her 'cause she had something to say.

>I AM HERE! I have things to say!

>Besides "bring the fucking chairs down" and "sign the fucking trust"? She was a grown woman who was kicked around! And she's been on her own and she had to fight and struggle!

this dialogue is so f good, this show is amazing
>>
It's weird because Sopranos is supposed to show the decline of the Italian mob in the US. Tony even says it in the pilot that he feels he came in too late and "the best is over" for the mob. Most of the mobster characters in the show are loose cannons, have major faults that influences their business in a bad way or just straight up have psychological problems. It also shows how the mentality and way of life for the mob from the 20th century clashes with the 21st century.

>>79597681
No idea what you are talking about. I remember Tony making deals concerning a new racket every episode and always knew what he was talking about.
>>
>>79597755
I think it was even 6k.
Imagine what Tony was getting in with multiple capo's and soldiers kicking up to him
>>
>>79598245
The mob was always full of psychos since the very beginning, thats the nature of the game. But the decline is real, top mobsters used to have real political power and influence, Tony while well off isn't even that rich and has little influence outside his world.
>>
>>79597535

Tony negotiated the big deals. His under wings carry out the day to day operations.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.