[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a movie to watch based on the fact that my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Drive.jpg (967KB, 1000x1363px) Image search: [Google]
Drive.jpg
967KB, 1000x1363px
Recommend me a movie to watch based on the fact that my favorite movie is drive
>>
gee idk. Taxi Driver?
>>
No Man's Land
>>
>>79589113
Thief?
I haven't watched Drive in a very long time, but I think they have some common elements.
Anons who know better, feel free to call m e a faggot
>>
>>79589139
you're alright anon.
>>
>>79589113
The Guest
trust me you will like it a lot.
>>
File: Feel.jpg (262KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
262KB, 650x842px
Stick to Nicolas Winding Refn: 'Only god Forgives' and 'The Neon Demon'.

'Bronson' was just okay for me, but many swear by it. Definitely skip 'Valhalla Rising'. I haven't seen the Pusher movies, but I've heard good things.
>>
La la land

serously, Drive is first and foremost a romantic movie
>>
File: lesamourai2.jpg (140KB, 1280x694px) Image search: [Google]
lesamourai2.jpg
140KB, 1280x694px
>>79589113
Obligatory Le Samourai reccomendation
>>
>>79589113
>Le Samourai
>The Driver
>Ghost Dog
>Leon
>The Limits of Control

The Driver is the movie that inspired the book Drive was based on. The Driver is a remake of Le Samourai. Ghost Dog is a remake of Le Samourai. Leon was obviously inspired by Le Samourai. The Limits of Control is Jim Jarmusch's second attempt at recreating Le Samourai, a bit more metaphysical than Ghost Dog though.

>>79589139
You're a faggot but that's okay.
>>
File: drive_retards.jpg (65KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
drive_retards.jpg
65KB, 600x473px
I think you should die.
>>
>>79589445
w2c this jacket?
>>
>>79589512
Magnoli clothiers has the best replica of it you can possibly find. Much better than the idiots in the pic are wearing, that's the official steady jackets merchandise version.
>>
>>79589512
>>79589554
It's under Clothing/Jackets/Casual
Look at that beautiful reproduction. Fine ass quality.
>>
>>79589367
>Leon was obviously inspired by Le Samourai
If anything, Leon actually looks inspired by Nikita, it has nothing to do with le samurai.
>>
>>79589769
Didn't watch that but Leon seems like a rather typical (although for commercial prospects less bleak) Le Samourai character, a loner criminal with a very strict moral code with abstention from life (for lack of better wording) and absolute loyalty as its primary values. His actions are perfectly in line with the Hagakure. It even has the impossible love story that is finally rejected at the end of the film, although this time she is a little girl.

How does the film relate to Nikita?
Mind you, it's not impossible that Leon drew inspiration from multiple sources.
>>
>>79589600
>>79589554
did i just get out-memed
>>
Drive
>>
>>79589554
>>79589600
350$!!!!!
>>
>>79590104
It's customizable though. You can get it in all black with a swastika instead of a scorpion.
>>
>>79589113
Il Conformista
Le Cercle Rouge
>>
>>79590006
I don't think I spoil anything about Nikita when I say Reno appears in it and behaves and is exactly like Leon, it's like the same guy but different name. I actually looked it up so I don't pull stuff out of my ass and it seems others say also that Besson wanted to make something with Reno's character because he felt he was underused.
Look maybe they have characteristics in common, but the similarity between the two characters in Nikita and Leon is so strong, I find it more possible that Reno in Nikita was inspired by Alain than Leon being inspired by Alain.
>>
>>79590368
That seems fair, guess I'll have to watch Nikita now to see if it fits in with my other Le Samourai films. Watching all of those in a row and ending with the psychedelic Limits of control is always a pretty cool experience and I'd like to add another one to the list.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.