[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In The Loop is without question the best comedy film of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (183KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1000x1500px
In The Loop is without question the best comedy film of the last 10 years.
>>
The Thick of It is better Tbh

ITL is too Americanised

Yanks ruin everything
>>
>>79585449
>film

Also it was still made by a bunch of Brits. How is it too American? It's essentially just the best episode of TTOI.
>>
>>79585315
by far the funniest big-screen satire in recent memory
>>
File: 193f.3.5.jpg (18KB, 430x240px) Image search: [Google]
193f.3.5.jpg
18KB, 430x240px
>>79585547
>It's essentially just the best episode of TTOI

absolutely wrong

THIS is the best episode of TTOI
>>
>>79585547
>It's essentially just the best episode of TTOI.

But that's demonstrably wrong you stupid Yank. Just because it's mostly set in the U.S and laughs at Americans as well as Brits doesn't mean it is actually better. It's the American talking.

The Rise of the Nutters specials were the best episodes of the show.

I will admit that Veep is actually incredibly good though. I was impressed having avoided watching it for years. It's basically The Thick of It with a new cast. I just wish there were some cameos from TTOI to spice things up occasionally. I mean the guy who played Ollie is directing it for pete's sake.
>>
That's not Four Lions
>>
>>79586509
Came to post this
Also surprisingly good and flew under the radar: Alpha Papa
>>
Gabagool?
>>
>>79586892
Alpha Papa was good, but suffers from the same thing as ITL. Being not as good as the series it started out as.

What We Do In The Shadows is great too, and starting to get some recognition.
>>
In the loop?
haha
more like
>In The Poop
>>
>>79587028
What are you, 12?
>>
>>79586989
Alpha Papa worked for me because I never saw the show. But when I went back to watch the show it was a bit much...I had already had a 2 hour dose of that character.

I am also one of the few humans around who liked Jonah From Tonga for essentially the same reasons.
>>
>>79585315
then why didn't I laugh even once?
>>
>>79587237
Not enough fart jokes for you?
>>
>>79585315

It was quite alright, but nothing memorable. I cant remember the plot. I know it was very politcal. And Capaldi swears a lot. Thats it. Not the best comedy even that year. Sorry, OP. You're just different.
>>
>>79585315
Nah that's Black Dynamite, good try though
>>
>>79586290

>The Rise of the Nutters specials were the best episodes of the show.

Yes.
>>
>>79586290
Veep has gone to shit though. The last two seasons were almost a parody of itself
>>
File: yes and ho.jpg (43KB, 580x326px)
yes and ho.jpg
43KB, 580x326px
>We do away with computers
>Yes and ho
>>
>>79587343
came here to post this
>>
For another show that might not be on your radar, check out an Australian show called 'The Hollow Men'. It's basically Australian ITTOI and it's excellent. Another one is 'Utopia'. Very much in the same vein as ITTOI or Veep, but with a slight touch of The Bong office. Obviously written and produced to absolutely nail the particular bureaucratic turds you find in Australian offices.

In a really strange turn of events they are two pieces of Australian produced TV that aren't total shit.
t. non australian who lives down under.
>>
File: Knowledge-is-Porridge.png (215KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Knowledge-is-Porridge.png
215KB, 500x282px
>>79587612

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79588358
>unreliable
>olly

it's all in the attention to detail
>>
I really cannot imagine how anyone non-southern english or high tier scottish can even hope to understand even 1/10th of the comedy present in The Thick of It.

How could an American possibly ever hope to understand this scene for instance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TPiEuTL8k
>>
>>79585315
>comedy film
Comedy? Are you fucking kidding me? I thought it was a documentry. Are you saying we are to laugh about it? I am aghast.
>>
>>79586290
>I mean the guy who played Ollie is directing it for pete's sake.
his stand up is shit. fair enough if his directing is up to par, i haven't watched veep past s2. Ollie guy was a try hard comedian on every panel show he was ever on
>>
>>79588702
>I really cannot imagine how anyone non-southern english or high tier scottish

me frum manchestah, me no no how werdz werkk =(
>>
>>79589376
>panel show

Don't judge comedians based on panel show performance. It's like judging a footballer based on their YouTube highlights reel.
>>
>>79589395
>It's like judging a footballer based on their YouTube highlights reel.
>it's like judging someone based on their best bits
>>
>>79589449

Alright, it's like the inverse of judging a football player based on their YT highlight reel.

Pedantic sod.
>>
>>79588043
>In a really strange turn of events they are two pieces of Australian produced TV that aren't total shit.
The Hollowmen and Utopia are both produced by Working Dog Productions, who were also behind All Aussie Adventures and Frontline which are great shows also.
>>
>>79585449
British films and british tv are awful
>>
>>79589627
That's bullshit, just this week we had a great drama about some Nothern scum that faked kidnapping their daughter.
>>
Maybe I dunno... on some level subconsciously it was like... it was just a last ditch attempt to stop this awful war.

Did you just say you had sex to stop the war? An anti-war shag?

fucking best excuse for cheating put on film
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.