[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you see this shit, /tv/? It's not even horror at all,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Did you see this shit, /tv/?

It's not even horror at all, there's nothing scary despite the CONSTANT ridiculously loud horror tension music which there's never any payoff to, the main characters are all dumb as fuck, and not a single story in the omnibus has any kind of a satisfying ending that isn't vague anticlimactic bullshit.

Why is it so terrible?
>>
Also are there any horror anthologies that are actually decent?
>>
>>79580854
20% of VHS is ok
>>
>>79580210
>Did you see this shit, /tv/?
No. Why would I watch this?
>>
>>79580938
Well, Melanie Lynskey is pretty sexy in it.
>>
>>79580993
Oh, so if I don't watch it my masculinity is in question?

Fuck off, feminist shill.
>>
File: tumblr_m675vxegqL1qep5pv.png (11KB, 238x431px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m675vxegqL1qep5pv.png
11KB, 238x431px
>>79580210
Can you elaborate a bit?

I was afraid this might suck.

I love horror anthologies, but I think whenever something is advertised as "directed exclusively by vaginas" or whatever, I'm a bit weary. Not like "Hey this movie happens to be good so you should watch it. Fun fact btw, this was directed by women, who don't usually into horror. " but "HEY SHITLORD, THIS WAS DIRECTED BY ALL WOMEN! SO BRAVE! WATCH IT YOU FUCKING WHITE MALE!"

I'll probably still watch it even if it sucks though.
>>
>>79580854
some of the old one are good like tales from the dark side movie
>>
>>79581127
Here's one story:

White mom lives with some weird white lesbian and white dad, and they have a black child. On the morning of the black child's birthday, Mom finds dad dead. She tries to hide the body for an unknown reason, and evades the weird lesbian and the black child through the house, until a guy in a panda suit rings the bell, because they hired him for the black child's birthday. She offers him $1000 and a bag of medical marijuana for the suit. She then dresses the dead father in the suit and puts him at the head of the table at the birthday party for an even more inexplicable reason. His head falls into the cake and they remove the panda costume to reveal it's the dead father inside. Movie fades to black and it says something along the lines "and that's the memory the black child suppresses from her 7th birthday... even though the mom meant well and was just confused... and even though her therapists says this is why she's afraid of intimacy".

I didn't exaggerate one single thing.
>>
File: 1484991239571.jpg (42KB, 445x639px) Image search: [Google]
1484991239571.jpg
42KB, 445x639px
>>79581241
>>
>>79580854
Creepshow is my jam, nigga.
>>
>>79581315
Do you want another?

Mom lives with dad, son and daughter. They're riding the subway train and the son asks some old guy beside them what does he have in the box. The old guy shows him, no one else sees it. Suddenly the son stops eating. Then he tells his sister, and she stops eating. Then they tell dad, and he stops eating (this is all in the course of multiple days/weeks/months, so the son already looks emaciated and they go to the doctor in the meantime etc.) Then mom has a dream that she's being eaten by the other three, Hannibal-style. Then it's Christmas day, and she says it was the best Christmas they ever had, and while opening presents she remembers the box guy from the train. She asks the son what was in the box, and he tells her nothing. Fast forward and all the family except her died in the hospital of malnutrition because they still refused to eat. She now roams the subway trains trying to find the old guy, and says "I'm hungry". The end.
>>
>>79581241
>>79581412
....so is this retarded "psychological horror" were they sort of try to ape Lynch so nothing ends up making sense?
>>
>Why is it so terrible?

Because it was made by women.
>>
>>79581479
I can see where they were going with the hunger story, but the ending is retarded. The panda story is just bizarre.

The other stories are Mom has a devil's child for a son, she kills him by hugging him to death when he's about to turn 18 and some retarded pot smoking college kids go on a hippie road trip and find some ancient indian cave paintings, and get killed by the ancient indian cave witch. Those were very straightforward and very shitty.
>>
>>79581548
I'll give it a watch. Anyhow. I have a pretty big dick for anthologies. Even if it does suck.
>>
>>79581241
wtf
>>
File: XXPanda.webm (3MB, 550x228px) Image search: [Google]
XXPanda.webm
3MB, 550x228px
Yeah, it wasn't very good. Only cared because St. Vincent.
>>
>>79582801
>St. Vincent.
Was that the weird lesbian?

Btw I just found one of the chicks who made a segment of this shit, she's the only one with a detailed wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karyn_Kusama

Please read this fully and tell me that it's not literally "a guy did this for me" and then "another guy did this for me" and "a third guy did that for me" and so on.
>>
>>79581548
>>79581412
>>79581241

Holy fucking shit this sounds bad. I mean, were they trying to prove that women can into horror with this shit? Because everything sounds either retarded or just cliche as fuck.

>cannibals
>oh it was a witch
>oh boy its the devil's child

At least VHS had some sort of originality with some of the stories even though most of them sucked. At least Southbound had some weird ass imagery and that story about the guy trying to save a girls life while being trolled by the paramedics seemed interesting and original.
>>
>>79581127

The best thing about it is they got their shot, no men, just a bucket of cash and a greenlight and THIS is the best they can fucking turn out.

VHS, ABC of Death and Southbound were all fucking boring as well, but they had glimmers of interest and creativity. This is just a long series of yawns. They use a horror macguffin in each story then tack human drama onto it (apart from the indian cave demon one, which at least did some horror shit and was the best by miles).

You had your chance girls, and you fucking blew it.
>>
>>79583482

It wasnt even canibals, that bit was a dream. That would have been something.
>>
>>79581352
Creepshow 2 is just as good, 3 is so bad its almost good
>>
>>79583972
It would've been so much better if it was actual cannibals.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.