[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why didn't the eagles simply set up an commodity-based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

File: whathaveyoudone.png (325KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
whathaveyoudone.png
325KB, 560x559px
>Why didn't the eagles simply set up an commodity-based ETF, RING, and in the likely event of the fiduciary agents of the Dark Lord attempting to corner the market for RING shares, they could have simply rolled front-month futures contracts from month to month in perpetuity? This does give Mordor exposure to the commodity Ring of Power, but subjects Sauron to concurrent risks involved in different prices along the term structure, such as a high cost to roll and exposure to unfavorable arbitrage. Given sufficient time, the Eagles active RING management may have undermined Mordor's capital base and secreted many of the funds to the Gray Tax Havens in the West, where Sauron's dark sorcery would not avail him.
>>
I've had enough of this bullshit about the takeover of Moria by Durin's Bane being 'evil'. Under the guidance of the Dwarves the value of Kahzad-Dum had continually depreciated since the second age, and it was mostly uninhabited. Repurposing the largely unused real estate to house Orcs of the Misty Mountain, left homeless and jobless by fall of Sauron, was a canny and compassionate move on the part of the Balrog.
It's just unfortunate that the bigoted dwarves would not allow the orcs to integrate into their culture.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 258x195px
>>79575333

>Why didn't the Sackville-Bagginses simply acquire title to Bag End via the statutory precedent already existing in the Shire concerning adverse possession, and enlist the aid of the Mayor of Michael Delving to ensure such judicial constructs were scrupulously enforced?
>>
>>79575251
uhh...in english please
>>
File: 1458595101797.gif (2MB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
1458595101797.gif
2MB, 200x190px
>>79575251
>>
>>79575251
>Implying Sauron cares about financial risks when he runs an authoritarian regime built on slave labor
>>
File: aragorn-smile.jpg (25KB, 492x416px) Image search: [Google]
aragorn-smile.jpg
25KB, 492x416px
>>79575251
I like this forced meme. it touches both my tickle spots
>>
>>79575251
10/10 shitpoat
>>
File: ringu.jpg (55KB, 586x393px) Image search: [Google]
ringu.jpg
55KB, 586x393px
Why didn't the Eagles just fly The Ring to Mordor?
>>
Why didn't Frodo just put the ring on his penis? Then nobody could steal it because that'd be gay
>>
File: 71906173_130893954436.jpg (107KB, 750x512px) Image search: [Google]
71906173_130893954436.jpg
107KB, 750x512px
>>79575979
I've had this edit on my desktop for two and a half years, never uploaded because the original thread died.

Thank you anon.
>>
>>79575933
It wasn't in the flight plan.
>>
>>79576687
This flight plan includes me, my men, but only one ring!
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (182KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
182KB, 660x440px
>The threads are weak.

>The threads are weak. Fucking threads are weak? YOU’RE WEAK. I've been in this business fifteen years.

>What’s your name?

>Fuck you – that’s my name! You know why, Mister? Cause you walked to get here tonight, I flew in on an Eagle. That's my name! And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the LotR game, you can't outmeme them - go outside this magic volcano and tell your gardener your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to reply to your post with some (You)s.

>You hear me, you fucking faggots? B-M-S. B-Boil ‘em, M-Mash ‘em, S-Stick ‘em in a stew. Poh-Tay-Toes. POH-TAY-TOES.

>E-G-M-T. Eagles, Grond, Menus, Taxes. Eagles – why don’t you just ride them? Grond – will nothing else breach it? I know you will, 'cause it's breach or walk. You breach or you hit the bricks. Menus – any meat on them? And Taxes. E-G-M-T.

>Get out there! You got the shitposters coming in. You think they came in to get posted on r/4chan? A LotR meme doesn’t get posted unless it’s forced out of your ass. They're sitting out there waiting to make a dullest copypasta. Are you gonna post it? Are you man enough to post it?

>What's the problem, pal?
>>
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
>/tv/ had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the memes would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these memes? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the memes aren’t gone – they’re on page seven, page eight. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic shitposting and kill them? Even the little baby memes, in their little OP posts?
>>
File: 1-Glengarry-Glen-Ross-quotes.gif (1MB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
1-Glengarry-Glen-Ross-quotes.gif
1MB, 500x212px
>>79577117
I appreciate the effort you put into this post, so here's to (You), the doer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.