[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Contrived >Badly Acted >Soundtrack mostly shit except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg (69KB, 382x288px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg
69KB, 382x288px
>Contrived
>Badly Acted
>Soundtrack mostly shit except for the opening song (falling), Into The Night and Laura Palmer's Theme

Why is this praised again?

The only good thing about this show is the FBI agent
>>
>>79573486
delete this
>>
OP was born in 1997.
>>
>>79573486

nice bait thread you uncreative piece of shit.
>>
>>79573486
Let me guess you "binged" it on netflix recently.
>>
>>79573559
>>79573586
Nice counterarguments

I'm actually being serious, this show is not great. Lot of the characters are boring, in fact i'm mostly bored unless James or the FBI agent or Audrey are on screen, David Lynch is a hack director who doesn't know how to shoot a dramatic scene (That scene at the end of Episode 2, where the mom wakes up from a dream was handled really awkwardly, as well as the one where Laura's friend who's name i don't remember right now sits down with her and she sees a man behind the couch)
>>
>>79573635
>Nice counterarguments
You didn't have any 'arguments' in the first place. You just had a list of three negative sounding sentence fragments and then asked the board why the show is praised. I will attempt to address what you called an 'argument' just to get you to shut up you stupid faggot.

1. Contrived, according to the dictionary, is an adjective meaning "deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously." This could apply to any work of art that someone intentionally made. The secondary definition of this word is "created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic." I'm assuming that is what you meant with your one word 'argument.' THE SHOW IS INTENTIONALLY CAMPY AND SOAP-OPERATIC. THAT IS PART OF THE STYLE OF THE SHOW. IF YOU DIDN'T PICK UP THE HINTS YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD-- NOT THAT THERE WAS ANY DOUBT IN ANY OF OUR MINDS.

2. Badly Acted. Proof? What examples do you have of bad acting? See the ALL CAPS above for further reading if you were not aware that the show is intentionally soap-operatic.

3. Soundtrack mostly shit except for the opening song (falling), Into The Night and Laura Palmer's Theme. Bullshit. Fuck you kill yourself. The soundtrack is incredibly comfy. I don't have a degree in music theory so I don't have the vocabulary to prove why the soundtrack is good besides to say that it makes me feel good and fits with the show.

4. Why is this praised again? Because it's an excellent, unique show.

cont.
>I'm actually being serious, this show is not great. Lot of the characters are boring, in fact i'm mostly bored unless James or the FBI agent or Audrey are on screen, David Lynch is a hack director who doesn't know how to shoot a dramatic scene (That scene at the end of Episode 2, where the mom wakes up from a dream was handled really awkwardly, as well as the one where Laura's friend who's name i don't remember right now sits down with her and she sees a man behind the couch)
>>
>>79573989

5. The only good thing about this show is the FBI agent. The FBI agent is great, but there are many other things in the show that are good/great.

>I'm actually being serious, this show is not great.
you're really retarded then.
>Lot of the characters are boring, in fact i'm mostly bored unless James or the FBI agent or Audrey are on screen
are you gay? you must be because there are a lot of qts in this show who are very charming and pretty and you shouldn't find them boring if you are straight. even if you're gay there are a lot of handsome men in the show so you shouldn't be too bored. every character is interesting and if you find them boring you better provide some proof idiot
>David Lynch is a hack director
LOL
>who doesn't know how to shoot a dramatic scene (That scene at the end of Episode 2, where the mom wakes up from a dream was handled really awkwardly, as well as the one where Laura's friend who's name i don't remember right now sits down with her and she sees a man behind the couch)

you need to see that chart showing why season 2 is different from season 1 quality wise. David Lynch does know how to shoot a dramatic scene. You're dumb.
>>
File: 462.jpg (36KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
462.jpg
36KB, 640x450px
>>79573621
>>79573586
>>79573559
>>79573506
haha trolled
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27KB, 645x773px
>>79574077
>the female characters are boring
>"LOL U MUST BE GAY"
>>
>>79573486
Personally I love this show.
Great characters, don't find them at all boring, in fact I would go as far to say there isn't a single uninteresting character. They all have a good amount of depth and personality.
Great atmosphere, unlike anything else out there (though some shows do come close at recreating it).
Story is great too. Some might not think Season 2 is as good, and I admit it loses some of its fire after the early reveal, but I find it's just as entertaining throughout.
>>
>>79574131
how are they boring?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB-iTiVKfdk
>>
File: 1483544822430.jpg (23KB, 458x342px) Image search: [Google]
1483544822430.jpg
23KB, 458x342px
Agent Cooper would be really disappointed with you people. This thread is a bad thread.
>>
>>79574214
James tho fucking JAMES
>>
Agent Cooper is so fucking cool. Aubrey is cool too.
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 274x184px
"Damn fine bait thread!"

Also, fuck off OP. Twin Peaks was epic shit.
>>
I have a problem with the fact that the identity of the killer had nothing to do with the actual circumstances of the murder considering the fact that he was possessed by an evil spirit. It could have been literally any other character possessed by BOB and it would have no effect on the plot.
>>
>>79575968
>and it would have no effect on the plot
are you ok? Have we watched the same show?
>>
actually it's extremely good other than James, Nadine and the no-suit episodes
>>
File: TwinPeaksGordonKiss.webm (3MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksGordonKiss.webm
3MB, 500x374px
The entire third season is Lynch's character making out with and having sex with the female characters while everyone else watches. He's already died from a heart attack while filming it but it won't be announced until they get to that episode.
>>
File: lara-flynn-boyle.gif (1001KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
lara-flynn-boyle.gif
1001KB, 500x374px
>>79573486
>Downl I mean buy the 2 seasons of Twin peaks 2 days ago
>Never seen it before
>Comfy pilote
>See pic related
>Literally the most beautiful woman Ive ever seen
>Google her name
>See recent pictures of her
Man I knew I shouldn't have done that
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.