[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kubrick had a 10/10 gf and later wife They got together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: Stanley%20Kubrick_15.jpg (277KB, 580x731px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley%20Kubrick_15.jpg
277KB, 580x731px
>Kubrick had a 10/10 gf and later wife

They got together before he was famous too

Was there anything this guy couldn't do?
>>
>>79562930
act
>>
>>79562930
If you're talking about his last wife, they met on the set of Paths of Glory wherein Kubrick was a semi-successful director currently directing a film starring Kirk Douglas
Apparently they were mad in love tho
>>
File: Stanley%20Kubrick_17.jpg (241KB, 580x399px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley%20Kubrick_17.jpg
241KB, 580x399px
>>
>>79562974
>semi-successful
He definitely wasn't some wannabe but he wasn't famous either. He got the make the movie only because Douglas got on board and it wasn't commercially successful.
>>
>>79563032
It did alright, nothing amazing, but alright
Prior to making it, he had been given an offer by Pathe(?) to look at all their backlog of scripts and choose one to make, providing they agreed that it would be a good project
Kubrick didn't like any of them and had been reading the book that Paths was based on and yeah

He wasn't a bigshot by any metric, but he had "made it" by then after the warm reception of the Killing
>>
File: michaelsheengirlfriends.png (586KB, 639x459px) Image search: [Google]
michaelsheengirlfriends.png
586KB, 639x459px
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>79563198

And now he's fucking Sarah Silverman, really makes you think.
>>
>>79562930
Hey did you know that he was a jew!?
>>
>>79562930
I miss when women weren't all degenerate whores.
>>
>>79563302
He was extremely anti-Semitic as well.
>>
>>79563267
Sarah gives him jew connections and is fine with being a good little cuckquean while Kate comes over.

Living the dream.
>>
>>79562930
>this is a 10/10 in britain
>>
File: BTSkubrickoffice.jpg (26KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
BTSkubrickoffice.jpg
26KB, 500x342px
>His new home, originally a large country mansion once owned by a wealthy racehorse owner, became a workplace for Kubrick and Christiane. One of the large ballroom-size rooms became her painting studio. Kubrick converted the stables into extra production rooms besides ones within the home that he used for editing and storage.

>Kubrick kept in close contact with business associates in the U.S. and elsewhere, mostly by telephone, calling associates at all hours for conversations that lasted from under a minute to many hours. Many of Kubrick's admirers and friends spoke of these telephone conversations with great affection and nostalgia after his death.

>Kubrick dressed simply, wearing the same style clothes every day: beat chinos, a basic blue work shirt, a ripstop cotton fatigue jacket with many pockets, and a pair of well-worn running shoes. "Many producers and actors thought he dressed like a beatnik",

>After he moved to England, Kubrick especially enjoyed watching his favorite TV shows, including The Simpsons, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, Seinfeld, and Roseanne, thinking they were excellent comedies that portrayed American life. He had friends in the U.S. send him tapes of television shows, along with sports events and news broadcasts. Gay Hamilton, one of the stars in Barry Lyndon, recalls one night she couldn't get his attention while he and Ryan O'Neal were watching a boxing video he received from the U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_life_of_Stanley_Kubrick

The life Kubrick set up for himself sounds comfy as fuck
>>
>>79563634
>tfw i'll never live my dream life

how are we supposed to do it, guys?

jdimsa
>>
>>79563634
>Gay Hamilton, one of the stars in Barry Lyndon, recalls one night she couldn't get his attention while he and Ryan O'Neal were watching a boxing video he received from the U.S.
>"PAY ATTENTION TO ME KUBRICK! I HAVE A VAGINA! STOP WATCHING YOUR KIDDY SHOWS AND LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT THE MAKEUP STYLIST!"
>>
>>79563634
>jacket with many pockets
Very wise man.
>>
>>79563739
>got to school (optional but preferred)
>get internships
>make connections

it really is this easy if you want to at least be in the industry. don't give up!
>>
>>79563739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa-KBqOFgDQ&t=3033s
Kubrick supported himself playing chess in the park while he was starting out film making
>>
>>79563302
>>79563334
this is important

E. Michael Jones talks very often of extremely intelligent Jews that struggle against the mechanisms of control their fellow Jews have built-- and very often convert.

From the themes of his movies I've always suspected Kubrick wanted to become a Catholic.
>>
>>79564102
From one trash religion to another lmao
>>
>>79563876
I'm a 24 year old recovering from depression and failing at my engineering degree. I live in Sweden but can acquire a US passport thanks to my father. I have some family in LA (although I'd rather live somewhere else), my uncle's wife was an event producer at Warner Bros. for several years before she went on to work for Apple.

I have an eye for photography and I understand what makes a good film. Directing films is my childhood dream and if it wasn't for years of depression I would probably have went for it. Some of my classmates from high school are now graduating as doctors and engineers and it's starting to feel like I'm too old to start from scratch.

At the same time I'm worried that I will regret not trying for the rest of my life. Should I just drop what I'm doing and pursue my dream or should I keep working at my degree and settle for a comfortable live and pursue my hobby in my spare time?

Our culture idealizes youth and early success, Kubrick basically got started on his career toward becoming a filmmaker straight out of high school. Does anyone achieve greatness starting from zero in their mid-twenties?

Pls help.
>>
File: 589455d19aefe64ff4c38c7bf722a045.jpg (267KB, 1000x1135px) Image search: [Google]
589455d19aefe64ff4c38c7bf722a045.jpg
267KB, 1000x1135px
Kubrick is often portrayed as this obsessive and singular guy. And although the former was true in regard to his filmmaking, it actually seems like he was a cool and charmig personality with a wide range of interests.

>you will never talk with Stanley on the phone for hours
>>
>>79563634

Kubes would have loved the 21st century NEET life
>>
File: ad1fd4a844c205134fc42a3f9c674147.jpg (130KB, 1200x924px) Image search: [Google]
ad1fd4a844c205134fc42a3f9c674147.jpg
130KB, 1200x924px
>>79564632
>"He was very kind to me," recalled Spielberg, who added that he would often receive faxes in the middle of the night from Kubrick about some new lens or gadget he had discovered.

>"We all know that he never slept," said Semel, who had worked with Kubrick since 1975. "He was the most fiercely independent director this industry has ever known. We were all proud to call him a friend." Being his friend meant receiving hundreds of phone calls and faxes from Kubrick. "He was unrelenting," Semel said. "He was always pushing for more than excellence. He made each of us continue to stretch." Kubrick talked several times over the phone with Semel about "Eyes Wide Shut" the day before he died. Semel recalled the director was excited about the project. "He went to sleep with a big smile on his face. He had finished everything. Stanley was probably the smartest human being we've ever met."

>It has been said that part of the reason for King's dislike of [The Shining] was that Kubrick pestered the author with constant phone calls during production. Kubrick reportedly once woke King at three a.m. to ask "Do you believe in God?
>>
File: judsuss_pppa.jpg (191KB, 526x725px) Image search: [Google]
judsuss_pppa.jpg
191KB, 526x725px
Did you know that Kubrick's wife Christiane was the neice of Veit Harlan who made Jud Suss, widely regarded as the most anti-Semitic film ever made?

"Hitler was right about almost everything." - Stanley Kubrick
>>
>>79564102
>E. Michael Jones
Who?
>>
>>79564506
Bresson got big later in his life
>>
>>79564506
Ignore everyone else and focus on yourself
Are you prepared to devote every day to learning about filmmaking? Based on your description about failing your engineering course, it doesn't sound like it.
Filmmaking is highly competitive and requires a lot of dedication. It's not something that people just casually decide to do when they've nothing better

Do you have any great stories to tell? What do you want out of it? Why do you want to be a filmmaker? Do you honestly believe that you could do it better than the people working today? If so, then why aren't you making short films with your friends?
Can you communicate well and translate your ideas to others?

If you want to do it, do it. But it won't just happen. I'd recommend you buy yourself a cheap camera and play about and learn in your spare time while you finish you degree.

But to answer your final question, yes and no
A lot of filmmakers have started long after their 30s (take Tom Ford who was a fucking fashion designer)
But that's not the same as starting "from zero"
>>
File: 1232878_Craig-Roberts.jpg (50KB, 636x392px) Image search: [Google]
1232878_Craig-Roberts.jpg
50KB, 636x392px
>>79564789
Who will play him in the inevitable biopic? The kid from Submarine kind of looks the part
>>
>>79565398
Vangelis as old Kubrick
>>
>>79563198
He literally has the appearance of a beta male.
>>
>>79564506
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1468178892697.jpg (67KB, 620x910px) Image search: [Google]
1468178892697.jpg
67KB, 620x910px
Just...How???

How the fuck?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
she was so cute in Paths of Glory
>>
>>79565963
and he could fuck your mom lol
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.