[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what did /tv/ think of it? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: the-grand-tour-logo[1].jpg (93KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
the-grand-tour-logo[1].jpg
93KB, 1024x576px
Now that the dust has settled, what did /tv/ think of it?

I found it rather disappointing to be fair, almost as bad as the new top gear even..
>>
It was enjoyable, but I expected "more"
>>
Does that mean it's not coming on then?
>>
>>79561616

It's not bad, but I think the Celebrity Braincrash part is a waste of time.

I know why they are doing that segment, but they should just move on and fill the time with more car stuff.
>>
just okay
>>
Pros:
>The amigos are back
>Much better production values
>Amazon Prime costs $3/month, and has better quality than TG on TPB (for those without BBC).

Cons (oh, boy...):
>EVERYTHING feels scripted as fuck
>Worse track
>Worse Stig
>They kept the fucking studio
>Worse banter
>Even the trios personas feels fake as fuck
>Celebrity brain crush. I mean, holy fucking shit what retards thought this was a good idea beyond the first episode
>It feels American and not British
>It pretends too hard to be Top Gear

I really hope they get their shit together for S2. Because nu-nuTop Gear seems to get their shit together for S2. And if they do and TGT don't, nnTG has a real shot at being the better Top Gear.
>>
>>79561996
This.
Most of episodes where meh at best and the celebrity brain crash must go along with the american they don't need to do this all we wanted was cheap car challenges and road trips and even the road trips were lame
>muh we drive in the desert there's lots of dust
>>
File: 1454382828897.jpg (431KB, 2048x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1454382828897.jpg
431KB, 2048x1896px
>>79562095
>mfw no buy a cheap piece of shit car challenge and watch the presenters break down
>>
>>79562247
They literally did that with Maserattis.
>>
>>79562262
okay

well the show feels way more americanized then before which sucks
>>
>>79562401
The show is literally the same as it was, which is why it sucks.

The last few seasons of Top gear were horrible. Take off the nostalgia goggles
>>
>>79562086
You've got everything right (exept I quite like the new trace) Amazon should just give them the money and let them fuck shit up and not try to make some serious show. Also maybe they just can't do this anymore maybe they're tired, I mean they're gettin' old
>>
>>79562622
Track* fucking autocorrect
>>
>drop celebrity brain crush
>drop the american
>drop does that mean hes not coming on then?

Still is 10/10 show
>>
>>79562086
>It feels American and not British
put that on pros list and we can agree, but yeah overly scripted acts on tv rustles my jimmies
>>
track/American segments are fine. Stop scapegoating.
>>
they should do more stuff like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCu9Yg6rfK8
>>
>>79562913
>that fucking audio
>>
>>79562086
the real missed opportunity with the new track is they didn't use a sponsor on "your name here" and call it whatever the sponsor was on that episode
>>
File: p03phch3.jpg (30KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
p03phch3.jpg
30KB, 480x270px
>>79561616
> leave BBC
> the worst bit of Top Gear (the fakery) skyrockets

you now realize that pic related is the spiritual successor to Top Gear
>>
>>79562784
I'm neither American nor Brit, but that feeling american shows have is repulsive as fuck.
>>
>>79564414
All of May's shows are pure kino.

>ywn travel the world getting drunk with James and Oz
>>
Haven't watched since the beach buggy episodes, probably going to catch up soon though. Overall it's been pretty shit though. The only part of all the boring scripted stuff I thought was genuinely funny was when Jeremy started reviewing the car while they were being shot at, but that's the payoff to 40 minutes of boring repetition of a lame joke and it ends within 10 seconds. If that had been a 10 minute segment where he actually reviewed the car it would have been pretty good.
>>
Get rid of CBC and get rid of the American.

Nothing against him but his constant moaning bores me
>>
>>79564414
the reassembler is wonderful
>>
File: 1486646524446.jpg (45KB, 540x332px) Image search: [Google]
1486646524446.jpg
45KB, 540x332px
It sucks balls, period.
But then again I watched Top Gear only for the specials.

Everything they say and they do feels scripted.
And to think I used to say the same about old top gear but the new show overdoes the old one every single fucking time.

In the episode with military training I had to stop halfway through and get out for a cigarette.
Pure cringe.

I don't like the driver, he needs to shut up, his shtick got boring in the second episode.
I don't like that Celebrity Braincrash filler just like I didn't like original TG's celebrity guests.
I don't like the grubby american fingers in every episode.

Honestly even the season special Episode(s) dissapointed me.

Where are my old cars that fall apart every 10km?
>>
>>79565733
>>79566332
James May's Man Lab was mankino
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.