[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait so people honestly thought this was better than Interstellar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: contact_ver2.jpg (80KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
contact_ver2.jpg
80KB, 509x755px
Wait so people honestly thought this was better than Interstellar

fucking plebs
>>
What was the point of McConnaheys character?
>>
Contact is garbage
Interstellar isn't god-like but atleast it isn't garbage
>>
>>79552779
to be an annoying god cuck

>>79554036
yeah thats what my thinking was especially that ending
>>
>DUDE WE'LL APPEAR AS YOUR FATHER SO WE DON'T FRIGHTEN YOU

Just a dumb copout so they don't have to design an alien.
>>
File: h.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>79552755
I dunno, movies about families always make me feel.
>>
>>79554343
That is common in sci-fi for the very reason you mention. Other examples:

-body swap
-alien/evil is influencing/inhabiting someone
-sci-fi event happening outside the room, characters deal with it inside the room
-time travel to the past (that happens to coincide with all the older costumes/set pieces the studio has from past movies and shows)
-alien desert planet (Planet California)
-the dead come back (cheapest: as memories, "expensive": as zombies)
-clones (same actor for everything)

The only problem with you assertion however, is that scene in the movie is the same scene in the book it was based on except more people went on the trip:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_(novel)#The_Galaxy

>Once activated, the dodecahedron transports the group through a series of wormholes to a place near the center of the Milky Way. The station contains a surrealistic Earth-like beach where the five are split up. Ellie meets an extraterrestrial who has taken a form indistinguishable from Ted Arroway (her father). He tells her that he is part of a project to alter the properties of the universe by accumulating enough mass in Cygnus A to counter the effects of entropy. He also tells her that the wormhole system was built by still more advanced beings who have left messages in transcendental numbers like π. Ellie is reunited with the other four travellers who have also met simulations of their loved ones. She captures video evidence of the encounter before the dodecahedron takes them back to Earth.
>>
File: Palmer.png (123KB, 459x239px) Image search: [Google]
Palmer.png
123KB, 459x239px
>"Ellie, I know you're about to make Contact. One day I'll become Interstellar too, I promise you"

What the heck did they mean by this?
>>
>>79554343

Nice opinion
>>
>>79554343
>we'll appear as your dead dad because that won't leave you emotionally scarred and mentally traumatized
>>
File: 2-Young-Ellie-1.jpg (68KB, 731x340px) Image search: [Google]
2-Young-Ellie-1.jpg
68KB, 731x340px
young ellie or young murph?
>>
>>79552755
Are you feeling insecure?
>>
>>79552755
>Interstellar
>good
nice b8 m8
>>
File: bill-murray.jpg (65KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
bill-murray.jpg
65KB, 400x500px
>We'll appear as Bill Murray because nobody will believe you
>>
>>79555539
Kek
>>
File: 1487106631478.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1487106631478.gif
428KB, 200x183px
My mom took me and my sister to this in theaters. We were excited cause my uncle was in it, he worked at the huge satellite array in new Mexico.

But they pretty much cut him, you can see him for like a second. And I was thoroughly confused by the ending as a child. On rewatches as an adult its okay, way to long, and feels frenetic
>>
>>79554343
Realistically it makes sense and I'd probably prefer that if I were to have my own encounter.

In a movie i'm watching though, damn it I came to see aliens, don't gimme this copout human form shit I demand catharsis.
>>
>>79554343
Be thnakful you never saw a real alien. the reptilians alone would make your skin crawl. they know only too well how humans would react because we have been cut off from the rest of intelligent life for millions of years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.