[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>XX is a new horror anthology with a gender twist – all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 64642386964281857345.jpg (85KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
64642386964281857345.jpg
85KB, 320x450px
>XX is a new horror anthology with a gender twist – all segments will be helmed by female directors and will star female leads. The directors have been given free creative rein within budget and time constraints, but all of the segments themselves will involve the horror genre.

And how many of these women are men?
>>
File: 1435274136976.jpg (67KB, 620x349px)
1435274136976.jpg
67KB, 620x349px
The Birthday Party·written and directed by Annie Clark (St Vincent)
>Mary is attempting to hold a children's birthday party for a girl named Lucy, but when she finds party guest David dead in one of the rooms, she is forced to hide the body. She spends the day preparing for the party and frantically trying to conceal David's body from other party guests Carla and Madeleine before finally buying a panda costume off of a man who comes to sing Lucy a birthday song and hiding the body in the costume. During the party, Mary sets up the costume near the cake, but Carla bumps the costume, causing it to collapse into the cake. The body is discovered when Carla removes the head, and the full title of the film is revealed as the children scream in terror: The Birthday Party, or, The Memory Lucy Suppressed From Her Seventh Birthday That Wasn't Really Her Mom's Fault (Even Though Her Therapist Says It's Probably Why She Fears Intimacy).

Wow, this is pure horror kino. Carpenter, Romero and Argento must be shaking with jealousy. Watch out, white males!
>>
>>79552523
This must be a joke plot
>>
Now, mind you, I am no stranger to the vast world of bizarre movies. I thoroughly enjoy flicks such as ERASERHEAD, SWEET MOVIE, BEGOTTEN, UN CHIEN ANDALOU, and EL TOPO. But for whatever reason, this movie affected me on a level that no other has, and I'm having a hard time pinpointing why. Perhaps it's because films like the ones I just listed knew exactly what they were doing. They were meant to be disturbing, bizarre, and confusing, thus making their weirdness easier to accept. But I'm not so sure it even realizes just how strange it really is. I'm sure its intent was simply to spook and shock its viewers, but instead it comes across as some kind of completely accidental minimalist/surrealist/faux-arthouse pic. Imagine blending the works of Nick Zedd, Ed Wood, and Salvador Dali. Yes, it's just that weird.
>>
Okay. Women are completely capable of being as or more psychologically devastating than men. Horror might be a good fit.
>>
>>79552556
No.

The only story that sounds interesting is the one written by a man.

>The Box ·written and directed by Jovanka Vuckovic based on the short story by Jack Ketchum
>While riding on a train with his mother Susan, a young boy, Danny, sees an old man with a red box; the old man describes it as "a present" and allows Danny to look inside. After looking, Danny refuses to eat any food presented to him. Susan and her husband Robert start to worry about him, taking him to a doctor who finds that Danny has lost five pounds since his last checkup. Danny speaks with his sister Jenny, and soon after, she refuses to eat as well. Robert attempts to speak to Danny about his refusal to eat, but Danny whispers something in his ear, which causes Robert to start refusing food. Susan is haunted by a dream of her family happily eating her at the dinner table. Come Christmas, Danny, Jenny, and Robert are all emaciated, but don't seem to mind. Susan reveals in a voiceover that all three members of her family later died of starvation, and she is now searching the trains for the man with the box, unable to stop her curiosity as to what is inside.
>>
>>79552411
>men make a movie
>try to make a good movie

>women make a movie
>LITERALLY WOMEN DID THIS THE TITLE
>LITERALLY WOMEN DID THIS THE LEAD ACTOR

just make a fucking good movie and leave your stupid genitals out of it. stupid cunts
>>
>>79552523
The Box written and directed by Jovanka Vuckovic based on the short story by Jack Ketchum
>While riding on a train with his mother Susan, a young boy, Danny, sees an old man with a red box; the old man describes it as "a present" and allows Danny to look inside. After looking, Danny refuses to eat any food presented to him. Susan and her husband Robert start to worry about him, taking him to a doctor who finds that Danny has lost five pounds since his last checkup. Danny speaks with his sister Jenny, and soon after, she refuses to eat as well. Robert attempts to speak to Danny about his refusal to eat, but Danny whispers something in his ear, which causes Robert to start refusing food.
Susan is haunted by a dream of her family happily eating her at the dinner table. Come Christmas, Danny, Jenny, and Robert are all emaciated, but don't seem to mind. Susan reveals in a voiceover that all three members of her family later died of starvation, and she is now searching the trains for the man with the box, unable to stop her curiosity as to what is inside.

I think this one has potential.
>>
Name one good horror film directed and/or written by a woman
>>
>>79552617
Yeah I just read them and thought the same thing. The party one definitely sounds the worst - like a comedy farce rather than horror.
>>
>>79552411
Sure, the director and the lead are all women, but men are the ones who do the photography, ringning, lighting, building sets etc.
>womyn so stronk!
>>
>>79552646
Frankenstein written by Mary Shelley
>>
File: 51eX3H2Mz+L.jpg (41KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
51eX3H2Mz+L.jpg
41KB, 354x500px
>>79552646
It's not great, but it's underrated
>>
>>79552646
Does American Psycho count as horror?
>>
>>79552671
Shelley was actually insane.
>>
File: 1465457051428.jpg (159KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465457051428.jpg
159KB, 900x600px
>>79552411
>all segments will be helmed by female directors and will star female leads
>>
>>79552672
t. woman with shit taste in horror
>>
>>79552723
So was Lovecraft, what's your point?
>>
>>79552734
fuck off faggot
>>
>>79552738
Insanity is the only gateway a woman can produce something worthwhile.
>>
>>79552646
the babadook
>>
>>79552799
he said good not mind numbingly awful
>>
Isn't going "LOOK AT THIS SPECIAL MOVIE MADE BY WOMEN SEE HOW WELL THEY'RE DOING???" a bit condescending towards womyns? Can they not just make and advertise the film without the retarded pink lipstick marketing?
>>
>>79552646
Pet Sematary
Near Dark
>>
>>79552411

If they have to mention that it's an all women thing, it's going to be shit.

Let the work speak for itself, and then let people realise or reveal it after the fact.
>>
watched last night it was awful and amateurish. St Vincent segment is not even horror and easily the worst.
>>
File: 1487226367957.jpg (167KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487226367957.jpg
167KB, 768x1024px
I imagine film director Annie will become quite popular on /tv/
>>
>>79553359
Is the Box any good? Sounds like a creepy premise.
>>
>>79552819
why do you think that?
>>
>>79553359
Why do you hate women so much?
>>
>>79552411
Who asked for this? Does average womyn interested in horror genre at all? Fuck no. So who needs this shit?
>>
>>79553447

its a meme to hate babadook because "lol its directed by woman so if we bash it hopefully no woman ever directs horror again"

Also, the annoying kid was boiling point for many watchers. He was annoying indeed but many kids are annoying in real life. It didn't bother me
>>
>>79553519

many women are interested in horror, why do you think they wouldn't? When I was younger the girls in my class always watched some horror stuff in their sleepovers
>>
>>79552523
>when she finds party guest David dead in one of the rooms, she is forced to hide the body
that's totally stupid
as in, ridiculously retarded
>>
>>79553525
>its a meme to hate babadook because
has nothing to do with the director, it is underwhelming netflix-core nu-horror drivel. I just didn't like it at all and was looking forward to it for a while.
>>
>>79552411
>The directors have been given free creative rein
>within BUDGET and TIME constraints

kek
>>
>>79553427
Nope the actors ruin what could have been a good movie(the short story is pretty good)
>>
>>79553519
you've never watched a horror flick with a woman? Best date genre
>>
>>79552411
>Women can make a shitty horror anthology too!
I mean, they can... it's not like there's been any talent involved in them.
>>
The overwhelming majority of horror movies already do star women. That "Final Girl" thing is considered a cliche for a reason.
>>
File: Peyton.jpg (72KB, 452x600px) Image search: [Google]
Peyton.jpg
72KB, 452x600px
>>79552411

Watched it last night. Two of the shorts were okay, while the other two were pure shait. The girl in the first one was a qt.
>>
>>79553645
Um, are you seriously mansplaining right now? Could you, like, not? k thanks.
>>
>>79552626
It's essentially the same in contemporary philosophy.
>>
>>79553665
whoa what sexy little nymphet
>>
>>79553702
I-I'm sorry! Please don't get me fired or chased out of town by a pitchfork-wielding mob ;_;
>>
>>79552523
>walk in on a dead body you had nothing to do with
>decide to hide it

Is this character the shadiest motherfucker ever?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.