[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did you guys think about this one? I'm surprised Driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: intl poster.jpg (398KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
intl poster.jpg
398KB, 1600x2400px
what did you guys think about this one? I'm surprised Driver didn't get a best actor nomination
>>
Boring
>>
File: Paterson.jpg (59KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
Paterson.jpg
59KB, 500x308px
>>79536950
nah

>>79536169
it's excellent. in my top 3 Jarmusch. the quiet desperation really got to me. gave me hope.
>>
>>79537019
Oh hey OP
>>
tfw no Golshifteh gf
>>
>>79537019
>quiet desperation
Not sure where you got this at all, he seemed incredibly content. In fact I would say his calm satisfaction was probably the defining feature of the film
>>
>>79536169
Pretty good. Maybe even Jarmusch's best film, at least of the ones I've seen
>>
>>79537273
>he seemed incredibly content.
He did but then there were flashes of general malaise. his poetry is the oasis of his life. he loves his wife but she has difficult moments. you can see him wincing as he eats her nasty pie, or when she wants to buy the guitar. some scenes as he's driving the bus where he clearly isn't up for the job. that moment where he forgets to open the door for his boss. it's getting to him. and then his poetry gets destroyed and he clearly has a crisis. it's very subtle and understated, but there.
>>
>>79536950
You need to watch more film if you think that's a valid criticism.
>>
>>79537570
That's a perfectly valid criticism, you elitist faggot.
Film is entertainment. Doesn't matter how artistic or experimental it is, the end goal is still entertainment.
>>
>>79537684
>Film is entertainment.
Citation needed.
>>
>>79537684
Wrong. You must be thinking of video games.
>>
it's pretty comfy

top tier brown waifu
>>
>>79536169
> le poetry of everyday

It was not as bad as I expected to be, but it definitely isn't a good movie.

Considering other movies directed by Jarmusch, this one is only better than Ghost Dog (absolutely shit), The Limits of Control and Coffee and Cigarettes.
>>
>>79537770
>top tier brown waifu
she's persian, so she's white according to (You)
>>
>>79536169
Only Lovers was way better.
>>
>>79537989
Not at all.
>muh Jack White
Instant trash.
>>
File: IMG_5657.png (166KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5657.png
166KB, 600x675px
>>79537897
He just said she's brown.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.