[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aliens is a disgrace to Alien Alien had a great over-encompassing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: alien1979theatricalrele.jpg (70KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
alien1979theatricalrele.jpg
70KB, 1920x816px
Aliens is a disgrace to Alien
Alien had a great over-encompassing feeling of the unknown, the uncomfortable and a feeling of uneasy and dread throughout the film
Aliens is just a war film in space with lots of guns, explosions and more expensive special effects
It's superficial garbage compared to the psychological play of the original
>>
Mainly agree, although i think aliens wasn't that bad (only watched it once so maybe im wrong).
>>
>>79529495
I was a bit harsh on Aliens, it's not bad it's just that it completely dropped the philosophy of the original. It's a great sci-fi action film but it's not a great sequel in my opinion.
>>
>>79529544
Yes, in comparison to Alien it's definently not as good. Alien was an absolute masterpiece.
>>
The best thing Aliens did was expand the lore.
>>
>>79529275

Let me guess, you probably think Alien3 was some underrated masterpiece because it tried to copy the original Alien
>>
>>79529723
Is that reason enough to make a film, and make it in a different genre from the original?
>>
>>79529786
Haven't watched Alien3 but judging by the review scores I wasn't sure i wanted to, but now that you've suggested this I'm semi-curious
>>
>>79529786
Hell no, Alien 3 is even worse. It's schlock.
>>
>>79529786
it's no masterpiece but it's still better than aliens
>>
>>79529275
Aliens is the perfect sequel to Alien.

It took the concept and gave us a new type of film instead of trying to just rehash the atmosphere of the first film.

It's like Terminator and Terminator 2. They are natural progressions that give us something new instead of just the same film but in a different setting.
>>
>>79530201
The atmosphere WAS the first film, you clod
>>
>>79530237
Exactly. Instead of just doing that again they gave us something different.
First film was psychological horror, second was an action horror.
>>
>>79530297
Aka they ditched what made the original great and just made some commercial overpriced uninteresting generic actionfilm
>>
>>79530002
if you do, watch the alternative cut.
>>
>>79529275
That's the 80s for you
>>
I'm inclined to agree. I have beef with Aliens.

Cameron fucked up so hard he had to make a bigger, badder monster for there to be any threat at all.
>>
>>79531094
this
cameron fucked up
he tried making it bigger, better but forgot the originals' "less is more"
>>
>>79529275
prometheus sucks
>>
>>79531755
that wasn't the discussion but;
why?
no spoilers pls
>>
>>79531755
I think its a very Good movie
>>
I love Aliens, watched it more times than the original
>>
>>79532605
the nature of consumerism
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.