[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw an Early Screening Strongest Directorial Debut I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
Saw an Early Screening

Strongest Directorial Debut I've seen in quite some time.
>>
Is it racist?
>>
Will it make people cancel their netflix subscriptions in a bitchfit?
>>
>>79526225
really impressed by the reviews so far but I'm having a bit of trouble pinning the tone/genre
horror? horror-comedy? satirical horror?
>>
Someone spoil the plot of this movie for me. I'm just curious what it's about, reasoning for the parents doing what they do, etc
>>
>>79526306
Cancelling a subscription qualifies as a "bitchfit" now?
>ARRRRGH JUST KEEP PAYING FOR SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE, GOD DAMN IT RACISTS
>>
>>79526429
I referring to the reaction to Dear White people. You'd know that if you didn't start using this site a week ago.
>>
>>79526250
No
>>79526339
It's satirical-horror, if you had to choose one. It does have good laughs (and a surprising amount) but it's very good at slowly morphing into something for more sinister. The third act is ridiculous in a great way, and earns its ridiculousness.
>>79526405
Not gonna spoil it. Go see it. The trailer does give most of the plot away, but what few things weren't spoiled were well executed.

I'd also say the direction was assured, confident, and stylish. It had fucked up things done with comedic timing, which is incredibly satisfying to watch.
>>
>>79526563
Tell me this at least - is there anything paranormal about the twist?
>>
>>79526563
What would you give it out of /10?
>>
>>79526640
Nothing paranormal. Thank god.
>>
>>79526483
I know that. I just don't think that's a weird reason to cancel a subscription, you'd probably do the same if they produced a show directly insulting you.

It's like if there's a restaurant in my neighborhood, and the food just keeps getting worse and worse, but I keep going just because it's close to home and convenient, and then one day there's a big wad of spit on my crappy burger. I was putting up with the decline in quality, but I'm not going back after the spit-burger. I'm not a masochist.
>>
>>79526661

20 acres and a mule/10
>>
>>79526661
9/10? It felt a little procedural at times, like (oh they focused on detail I wonder how that'll be important) but had great performances, was paced very well, and like I said earlier, has very stylish direction. Very satisfying ending.
>>
>>79526405
Black people are racist and think whitey is keeping them down
>>
>>79527113
>>79526405
It's more about how specific candor and the way white people act sometimes can make black people uncomfortable. Which is a completely reasonable point, especially with the characters in the movie.
>>
>>79526225
This pic bugs the shit outta me because he looks too much like Dule Hill, so I think it's a Psych thread.
>>
>>79526405
Stepford Wives but with brain transplants and black fear.
>>
Is it true that the bad guys are liberals who fetishize black people so much they're transplanting their brains into black people's bodies?
>>
>>79528254
That is actually way better than what the trailers suggest and is a much better commentary on white/black relations in the CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>79528181
Fucking kek. I think the same thing everytime I see this photo.
I miss psych
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.