[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright so I just ordered a pizza and I'm getting ready

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Alright so I just ordered a pizza and I'm getting ready to marathon the whole season.

Thing is, I grew up the 80s and besides a few exceptions like Flight of the Navigator, I wasn't really a fan of the whole kid adventure genre. I didn't even like ET.

Will this series offer anything more than just a nostalgia trip?
>>
Go away grandpa
>>
the 80s!!!! aspect of it has been overstated and the adults play a larger role than in ET
>>
what's the relevance of the pizza
>>
>Will this series offer anything more than just a nostalgia trip?
No. The plot is incredibly by the numbers and is a deliberate mishmash of many popular 80s movies of similar genre, partly because the creators wanted to pay tribute to their childhood and partly because Netflix needed a safe bet to reel in subscribers. It is a somewhat engaging thriller at times, but all you'll really get out of it is fond memories from how well it recreates that sense of simplicity from the 80s.

Only teen plebs watch it for the plot because they're too young to realize everything it's ripping off.
>>
>>79519068
No

>nostalgia trip
It's literally just this. Just when you think the story picks up, the rest becomes predictable bullshit.
>>
>>79519118
The relevance is he's getting comfy.
>>
>>79519068
Find me a better eight hour alien abduction movie. Fucking try.
>>
>>79519216
it's a "nostalgia trip" made by and for people who were barely alive in the 80s if at all, so really more of a genre pastiche.

it's fine. it's a basic horror/sci fi premise but notable for being a good treatment of it in a series format, which we haven't really seen. it does subvert a few cliches in interesting ways. not great but worth checking out
>>
I was put off by everyone talking about the kid actors and the 80s nostalgia. It's actually a fairly fast paced sci fi mystery.
>>
File: 1194817.jpg (246KB, 900x1327px) Image search: [Google]
1194817.jpg
246KB, 900x1327px
>>79519068
Finn is a cute
>>
File: greenfinn.jpg (35KB, 247x437px) Image search: [Google]
greenfinn.jpg
35KB, 247x437px
>>79519068

You'll get to see immaculate performance of splendid young actors, such as Finn Wolfhard

And the music is nice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.