[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Hollywood INSIST on putting actor's names above

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: house.jpg (115KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
115KB, 509x755px
Why does Hollywood INSIST on putting actor's names above the wrong heads on movie posters? Is it a running joke or something?
>>
Movie looks like shit so far tbqph
>>
File: 1420322578719.jpg (182KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
1420322578719.jpg
182KB, 1280x982px
>Will Ferrell
>funny
That's the real conspiracy.
>>
You have to put first the highest paid actor or something like that. I think it's a SAG rule.
>>
>>79517530
to trigger OCD faggots like you. Hollywood hates OCD faggots.
>>
>>79517530

The order of the names is part of the actor's contract. The people who make the posters are not the people who work out the contracts. The poster is made piecemeal and composited by a graphic design intern somewhere. The GD makes the whole thing minus text. When everything is worked out for advertising, the text is added with proper billing order and everything. But the rest of the poster was already completed.
>>
>>79517530
This >>79517618
We do it deliberately to upset you
Screencapping your post, can't wait to show it to the boss on Monday
>>
>>79517622
Speak English doc
>>
>>79517612
So fucking flip the God damn poster beneath the text

Jesus christ
>>
>>79517680
It's like filling a balloon with too much air.
>>
>>79517600

>What is Anchorman?
>>
>>79519446
Dogshit
>>
>>79517530
Vomit.jpg
>>
>>79517618
I don't know about OP but I don't have OCD, this shit doesn't aggravate me. It's just blatant silliness to put someone else's name above their heads like that. I see posters like this all the time and they just make me laugh at how ill conceived their marketing is.
>>
>>79517530
because the main/best paid actor always gets top left space but for some reason the dumbshits who shoot the images for the posters don't take this into account
>>
>>79517530
in text the first name is considered more important
in pictures the person on the right is considered more important
>>
I've read it's usually some power play bullshit. "If I'm not on the left on the poster, my name has to be the first one people read."
>>
>>79517600
I can see the appeal of his deadpan absurdism
But I also feel he hasn't been terribly good in years
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.