[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"oh long time no see anon!" >yeah I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: _web-041.jpg (82KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
_web-041.jpg
82KB, 450x600px
>"oh long time no see anon!"
>yeah I don't go by that name anymore
>I'm called The Dude now or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
>"uh okay... What are you doing with yourself these days, Dude?"
>I smoke weed and go bowling all day in my bathrobes
>"Thats kinda sa--"
>can I offer you a white Russian?
>*pulls out warm carton of milk from bathrobe pocket*
>"I think I'll pas--"
>*Smirks*
>The Dude Abides
>>
sounds like a cool guy
>>
yaar me ladey, hwuts this here dude ye speak of? im just an ole pirate
>>
Congratulations, anon.

You figured out the joke of the movie.
>>
>>79511822
What's the joke?
>>
ITT: things that never happened
Try going outside occasionally anon
>>
>>79511497
I like this meme
>>
>>79511865
The Dude is a complete loser with almost no redeeming faults except his easygoing attitude. It's explained clearly in the opening monologue that he's the laziest man in Los Angeles. Notice every time he smokes weed he does something stupid
>Does a J at the Big Lebowski, steals the rug and gets beat up for it
>Does a J in the car, drops it and crashes
>Smoking one in the tub, gets beaten up
>>
>>79511865
>>79512702
The joke is that literal autists find comfort in relating to the character "The Dude" because he resembles their miserable lives, even though his entire persona is scripted and screen played and could never happen in reality, let alone today's modern age.
>>
>>79512803
do you honestly think people like that dont exist?
>>
>>79512803
It's basically a critique of Baby Boomers. The Dude is a typical pothead hippie type, Walter is a gung-ho Vietnam vet and also a total cuck to his ex-wife, Donny is ineffectual and confused, The Big Lebowski is an old money tycoon who is actually completely pathetic and broke, and so on.
>>
>>79512865
"The dude" played by Jeff Bridges? No anon, he's a fictional character and therefore does not exist.
>>
>>79512702
He's happy, chills out all day, and does whatever he wants. Not really a loser desu.
>>
>>79512946
it might parallel that, but it's not attacking a generation, it's attacking losers searching for a social identity in general.

Think of all the faggots we saw walking around in black trench coats after the matrix. It's the same concept.
>>
>>79512946
Allegedly Walter was, in part, inspired by John Milius
>>
>>79513158
rumor has it Milius never left his home without a gun. He carried a collection in his trunk and brought them on set constantly.

Yeah. I can see that.
>>
>>79513231
Why does that not surprise me?
>big fan of some of his stuff
>>
>>79512702
>Notice every time he smokes weed he does something stupid

I thought it was more showing that he wasn't able to relax and enjoy himself because things kept going wrong. Kind of like that tired old skit where just as you sit down and close your eyes something disruptive happens.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.