[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to think trigger warnings were the dumbest shit in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: split_ver2[1].jpg (94KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
split_ver2[1].jpg
94KB, 509x755px
I used to think trigger warnings were the dumbest shit in the world until I started dating a chick who was molested as a child.

She doesn't like to show it but I know it fucks her up when things like that are a central plot element.

Do kinda wish there was some less obnoxious way to tell people that a film contains certain material that may cause legitimate psychological effects in people beyond mere entertaining suspense or fear.
>>
File: bueno.jpg (48KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
48KB, 546x366px
Tell me more about the molestation
>>
>>79508644
>chick has psychological issues
>take her to a psychological thriller movie
you're are retarded
>>
>>79508881
I mean concerning one specific thing. 90% of psychological thrillers wouldn't affect her.
>>
Trigger warnings are fine for rape and war that was the whole point.

They only get retarded when they are for things like "capitalism" and "pomegranates."
>>
>man has ptsd
>therepy is, basically, to think and talk about it until it bores you

>woman has ptsd
>WE NEED TO REARRANGE THE ENTIRETY OF REALITY TO ENSURE NOTHING EVER REMINDS HER OF HER POST TRAUMATIC STRESS

>>
>>79508644

>Dating a chick that was molested

..nigga you just askin for trouble.
>>
so what was the epic twist ending to this? not going to give M Night any of my money
>>
>>79508935
14-21 year olds who were molested tend to have massive daddy issues which means they want older men.
>>
>>79508959
one of his personalities is jaguaro from unbreakable
>>
>>79508935
I dated a chick who was molested. She didn't like to suck dick. Big titties though.
>>
>>79508644

there's no molestation scenes in split, it's all implied shit.
>>
>>79508925

It's not like dudes don't get triggered, I mean jesus why do you think Vets stab people?
>>
>>79508925
I mean she doesn't say that, it's just super difficult to watch someone you love hurting because of it. This thread isn't congress, I'm not making laws here, just discussing something.

>>79508935
I mean I can't really say I've ever met a single human being, regardless of gender, who I would describe as psychologically healthy once you get to know them and maybe get a drink or two inside of them. She's the best person I've ever met, I'm probably going to care more about her than the opinion of some wise redpilled anon on 4chan.
>>
File: IMG_0058.png (50KB, 538x692px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.png
50KB, 538x692px
>>79509056
You obviously love her, what are you doing here with us?
>>
I dated a girl who was "raped" in a previous relationship. she really liked when i treated her like shit and choked her in bed.
>>
>>79508644
GUYS IM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW
>>
>>79508644
>>79509056
My ex GF's dad killed himself before we started dating in highschool

Handful of years later, we were watching Cloud Atlas, and when the dude came home to find the other dude had killed himself that was a pretty devastating moment. I know how you feel man.

I don't think it needs a name at all, just saying shit like "this movie deals with themes of [blahblahblah]" is a normal alert. I think the name "trigger warning" is what bothers people more than anything else, it sounds like some sort of reproach like "WATCH OUT GUYS, THIS FUCKING MOVIE DID THIS"

The service makes sense, frankly. Like nobody flips out about warning parents about drug use in movies blah blah blah. That's literally the same principle.
>>
>spoiling major plots to preserve the feelings of your damaged goods cum receptacle

Fuck. Off.
>>
>>79509264
You here are asking for you feelings to be preserved, albeit slightly indirectly.
>>
>>79508644
as someone with psychological issues, this is why i only go to the movies for marvel movies and other dumb action flicks

anything more serious i watch at home so i can pause it if it gets too real

watching "A Beautiful Mind" really fucked with me personally
>>
>>79509124
Just drinking a little and killing some time, mang. Plus I love you guys, 4chan is like 10 years of my life at this point. You were there from my worst most lonely misanthropic teenage moments to having a girl I love and a job I love and a life I'm happy with. We're all gonna make it bros.

>>79509201
That's kinda my thoughts on it, I get that the name trigger warning is going to, well, trigger people, but if the MPAA is going to exist, and if the MPAA is going to put warnings for violence and shit for the purpose of informing parents, then what if they put some warnings for rape or war scenes or pedophilia or suicide or some other legitimately serious trauma causing issues?
>>
>>79509321

it's probably best to not be comfortable all the time
>>
>>79508644
>I used to think X was bullshit until I had a personal experience of it.

That's because you're an unimaginative low-empathy moron who needs to see prejudice or suffering literally happening in front of you before you admit it's real. This mind(?)set explains /pol/ and 4Chan in general.
>>
>>79509405
I don't disagree, my goal in life is not to prevent her from ever experiencing discomfort, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me that the trauma I see her go through and try to deal with is a good thing for her. I think there's a wide gulf between some emotional discomfort and the trauma brought up by reliving years of molestation and its aftereffects.
>>
>>79509405
no-one is disputing that. In fact, it's completely besides the point. The facts of the matter are:

>we have a body regulatory body in place that will prevent movies from seeing wide release if they contain too convincing of a female orgasm
>that is apparently fine and dandy with every one
>they also warn everyone about things like drug use, violence, blood, profanity, etc
>again totally fine with everyone
>saying "hey, add a line in there to give us a heads up if there are sequences dealing with specific psychological trauma" apparently is where you draw the line

Which is weird. Very weird.

Like, it's fine to decide not see a movie because it contains drug use, but that's the only time it's okay to make an informed decision? Spoilers: when you're taking someone out on a date, you want em to be comfortable.
>>
>>79508644
>I started dating a chick who was molested as a child.
found your problem right here
>>
>>79509600
goddammit it's so terrible and predictable and I still laughed
>>
>>79509568

i dunno, I have a ptsd problem and i've never been triggered by a stupid movie. it's before you go to bed and when you're shitposting online that you have those quiet moments where you have to think about shit.
>>
>>79508964
god bless these chicks
>>
> dealing with women's shit

I've been with my wife for 10 years now. We met in high school, and I got her pregnant. She is and always has been a lazy person and a shit cook. I wouldn't even mind eating shit food if she at least made it on time. But she rarely did. We'd get into screaming arguments constantly about how lazy and worthless she was. I felt like an asshole for it, but goddamn she was a real piece of work. The only reason I dealt with all this was for the kids, and also because the sex is great.
But one night, I got fed up. Not only did she get drunk, neglect the kids, and made me top Ramen for dinner, but she decided to give me attitude too. She was being real fucking bitchy. So I told my grandparents to keep an eye on the kids and told my wife we were going to go out and have dinner together. I drove maybe 3 blocks to a quiet area (we live in Oregon, it's not hard to find a quiet field) and I got out of the car, went around like I was going to open her door for her and let her out, and I just beat the shit out of her while she was still seatbelted. After a few punches, I asked her if she wanted to go back to her parents. She started screaming and yelling and said yes, so I beat the shit out of her again. Then I asked her what she wanted to do. She finally got smart and said she wanted to go home. So I took her home and dared her to start trouble. I even handed her my cellphone and dialed her mom's number on the drive home. I made her talk to her mom, while daring her to fucking say something. Before that incident, I had never laid a hand on her. But I had always threatened it. I told her "one of these days, if you don't straighten up, I'm going to lay hands on you." All my meals have been on time, and she just recently tried to make a meatloaf. It was mediocre, but I was just thrilled that she tried.

Do with this information what you will.
>>
>>79509037
Did I somehow not mention vets with the first part? As they are primarily the people with PTSD? And were they to seek treatment, they'd be told to, basically, talk/think through the traumatic event until it bored them?
>>
>>79508935
maybe he just wants to protect her smile
>>
>>79508644
deal with it you fucking bitch, it's just a movie.
>everything must be labelled so I don't get accidentally upset
fuck you
>>
File: hmmm.png (267KB, 498x446px)
hmmm.png
267KB, 498x446px
>>79509758
>>
>>79509758
This isn't real, but what disturbs me is that you think this is what husbands are supposed to be like.
>>
>>79509758
Is this the script for the Honeymooners remake?

>>79509780
Actually the museums near me have trigger warnings on their exhibits which often have sounds and environmental sections.
>>
>>79509720

That's totally fine but I'm not looking to take you out on a movie date man

also I hope shit goes well for you ohana
>>
>>79509846
probably muslim
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4972582/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg
You're just going to have to check a movie's listing at a site like that link before taking her to it.
The information is available for people if they want it, so that marketing doesn't have to spoiler it for everyone.
>>
>>79509898
sounds russian desu
>>
>>79509846
t. Pussywhipped betamale
Enjoy being a beta-provider for about a decade and then losing half of everything
>>
>>79509920
blah blah blah get back on your side of the wall, 3rd world trash
>>
>>79509918
>>79509898
He's from Oregon. Some piece of shit liberal hipster. Liberals are all fucking little faggot redheaded drunken woman beaters. They make no apologies for it. They're no better than niggers, and they've all got cousins in the police force and shit so they get away with it. Fucking fat nosed hipster faggots make me sick.
>>
>>79509947
> he thinks Trump is on his side

What's it like being this much of a sheltered simp?
>>
>>79509920
>if you don't abuse your wife physically and mentally you're a beta

If you want to think like a fucking caveman be my guest, go live in a cave and eat your own shit
>>
>>79508925
lmao that's not how it works for men with ptsd at all
>>
>>79510058
Whatever you say male feminist
>>
>>79510105
>>79508925
Yeah this dumbass knows nothing about 80-100% disability checks from the military and the fucking pharmacy worth of free pills they give you for any random bullshit you want. Which you later turn around and sell. PTSD clinics just give people anything.
>>
>>79510058
One of your marriages will end in divorce with the wife cheating and it's not his I can tell you that.
>>
Isn't that the purpose of the MPAA? Plus there's websites that go way more in depth because parents care about their kids. They aren't going to put everything about a movie on the poster for every special snowflake.

>Why is Split rated PG-13? The MPAA rated Split PG-13 for disturbing thematic content and behavior, violence and some language.

Learn the lingo

http://parentpreviews.com/movie-reviews/film-info/split
>>
>>79508644
You are watching a M. Night Shymalan movie and you think it needs trigger warnings so you can be a white knight? Better blame the movie industry on other people's stupidity.
>>
>>79510223
>>79510058

Are that afraid of women that you would beat them into submission from the paranoia of a slim chance they would cheat on you? Would you be that afraid of confronting your relationship that you couldn't sit down with your partner and discuss your future together (which could possibly end in separation)?

Why is your attitude that of a child clinging angrily to their toys and striking out at anything that might leave them without control?

How are you supposed to find a meaningful relationship when it's built on your fear of losing face to a ghost audience of disapproving macho men?
>>
OP is obviously a Millennial, not a real adult, who is taking care of a sick bird. Damaged women are garbage. Do you want to deal with "triggers" and just insanity your whole life? Date a rape victim. Never enjoy simple things like movies again. You can filter everything you say. Always worry about some BS. Great.
>>
>>79510367
Why would I be afraid of someone whose life I could end with a couple of punches to the face?
>>
>>79508644
I used to think trigger warnings were the dumbest shit in the world until I started posting on /pol/.

Now, every Hollywood movie and mainstream media product triggers me into ranting angrily and incoherently about Jews, Niggers, and Faggots.
>>
File: 1473927427550.png (77KB, 280x261px) Image search: [Google]
1473927427550.png
77KB, 280x261px
>>79508912
>capitalism and pomegranates
>>
>>79509290
Except I didn't ask anyone to not express themselves for the sake of my hysterical girlfriend
>>
>>79510005
it's irrelevant whose side trump's on, I just know you have to be a shitskin

ergo you're out
>>
>>79509992
thanks for correcting the record™
>>
>>79509478
see also: the legions of republicans that are all for shitting on gays until their kid comes out, or all the white trash that want to repeal Obamacare until their oxy addiction starts to catch up to them
>>
>>79508644
Or when you're dealing with children you could, you know... actually watch or read the material ahead of time to judge for yourself if it's appropriate for whatever psychological damage the snowflake you're knighting for suffers from?

Nah... fuck personal responsibility. That's not the liberal way. Blame others for not protecting your sensitive feels! Let's pass a law or something.
>>
>>79510485
You've answered your own question
>>
>>79508959
there isn't really a big twist ending. the final personality called "the beast" proves the theory that each personality is actually a distinct person with different health conditions, strength, etc., as he can climb walls and shit and survives two shotgun shells to the chest whilst acting as the beast.

they brought up the theory of each personality actually being a separate person within the brain multiple times throughout the movie, like someone with the disorder not being 1 person with 23 personalities but literally 23 distinct, separately thinking people that don't share thoughts or anything. it was only directly proved when we see his transformation into the beast literally make him taller and stronger, and change his skin to allow him to climb walls and shit.

the only kind of twist is in the very final scene, where david dunn from unbreakable shows up and mentions mr. glass. we can assume that the physical changes in each personality are further proven when we get the context of the movie existing in the same universe as unbreakable, where david dunn also has a physics defying body
>>
>>79510367
Afraid? You don't even know the meaning of the word. One of these days you will get reminded. All those mental gymnastic, for fuck sake.
>>
>>79511048
He's right though. It's fear, little boy fear, that makes men constantly suspicious of their wives.
>>
>>79508959
2 twists.

>he actually does have super powers
>It's not exclusively a psychological thriller, it's also a supervillain origin story and the sequel to Unbreakable
>>
>>79508925
therapy is in a controlled environment you fucking mong, not going to fucking saving private ryan when you're a war vet and running the risk of flipping out and skinning some old lady you think is a dirty jap
>>
>>79508644
>I used to think trigger warnings were the dumbest shit and now I'm a total faggot.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.