[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain /tv/ What the fuck is so great about this? Boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: blue.jpg (122KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
122KB, 674x1000px
Please explain /tv/ What the fuck is so great about this?

Boring story, boring dialogue, boring characters, awful editing, only thing decent about this film is some of the shots and the music.
>>
I mean I personally liked it, but if you don't like it I mean you don't like it.
>>
This is a film that alt-right autists will never understand.
>>
It's deep because he's both black AND gay
>>
>>79501628
Notice how the cucks who defend this movie always have that reddit "le reasonable fence sitter" "I'm scared of losing my reddit gold upvotes" tone.
>>
>>79501628
fair enough, but what did you like about it?
>>
>>79501669
Notice how the newfags who try hard to fit in always use cuck and reddit in their replies
>>
I'm not gay so I didn't see this movie.
>>
>mixing two hot issues: black and gay
WHOA 11/10
OSCAR BAIT
>>
>>79501719
Notice how the reddit posters are always so quick to label everybody newfag to help validate their tenuous connection to this board.

I've been posting on /tv/ for 8 years and I believe that literally no post without the term cuck or reddit is one worth making.
>>
It's a solid movie. The vibrant colors were great, they really gave the movie a dream-like feel. The performances were also excellent, especially with the different Chirons. Even though they looked completely different you could tell it was the same character by how he acted and especially the look in his eyes.

The people who call it oscarbait or complain about the fact that he's gay and black either haven't seen the movie and just skimmed a summary on wikipedia or weren't paying attention. Homosexuality was not the focus of the film, even though it was an element. It's more about growing up, not fitting in with your peers, and feeling pressured to become something you're not because of how you were raised and the people you surrounded yourself with.
>>
>Boring story, boring dialogue, boring characters
I didn't even like the movie that much but these are some capeshit-tier complaints.
>>
>>79501880
If it's not "le black and gay so progressive" movie then there was literally no reason to no reason not to make him straight and white. They only did it to get cuck points from lefty critics.
>>
>>79501944
You can say that about literally any movie

>hurr why did they make marty mcfly white? it's just to score points with white people

Because the guy who made it felt like making him black. Simple as that.
>>
>>79501944
Part of the focus is his poverty-stricken background and how it shaped his life.
Plus homophobia is much more widespread in black communities, if he was a middle class white guy he wouldn't have cared at all about being gay.
>>
>>79501630
Normal people have difficulty understanding homosexual drug dealing niggers.
>>
>>79501977
Except straight and white are the default settings. That's just what a movie is naturally expected to be like. It's when you diverge from that you're trying to score points.
>>
>>79501944
It's a film about a gay guy in a black community. Black people hate faggots and - spoilers here - the main character is an insecure kid (even when grown up) with no personality who never comes out of the closet.
>>
top editing.
good third act.
>>
>>79502067
>Black people hate faggots
wtf I love BBC now
>>
>>79502059
>white is default

According to who? People who are "white" are not the majority of people who exist on the planet. The people who made this movie were black, and the director based parts of the movie off of his own experiences growing up in a black neighborhood. Why isn't he allowed to make a movie about black people without preemptively being labelled oscarbait?
>>
File: 1480712824279.jpg (257KB, 697x497px) Image search: [Google]
1480712824279.jpg
257KB, 697x497px
>>79501607
I enjoyed it.

I went in with pretty low expectations, though.

Aesthetically it's really quite great. The actors were all on point, even the child actors. The latter part does kind of go down hill a bit but the restaurant scene was fantastic.
>>
>>79501607

How the hell does it have an awful editing?

I was really surprised how understated the movie was (hence your point of it being boring) but I really appreciate it, it felt much more intimate thanks to that.

Also, I'm I the one that found the third act the best? It felt like last years Carol, very sensitive and hot
>>
>>79502147
>According to who?
The majority of cinema goers in the country where the movie industry is predomenently based.
>Why isn't he allowed to make a movie about black people without preemptively being labelled oscarbait?
Because black people don't go to the movies, especially not to see shit like this. It's only there to cuck us and stroke the egos of leftist movie critics and the drones who follow them.

I wouldn't have let a black man make a film in the first place.
>>
>>79502225
I thought the third act was the worst. At least for me, you could tell that they still had feels for each other just by the phone call, but then they have a half hour scene of them pulling each other along. It's boring and annoying. The reveal at the end was fine, but the abrupt ending was anticlimactic.
>>
it was the black boyhood but not as boring
>>
>>79501669
>engaging in conversations about movies like reasonable adults is bad
Holy fuck you are autistic.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.