[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Jackson have kept the deleted scene where Aragorn fought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 29

File: SauronDeletedScene.jpg (4KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
SauronDeletedScene.jpg
4KB, 258x195px
Should Jackson have kept the deleted scene where Aragorn fought Sauron?

If so, how should it have gone down?
>>
File: why not.jpg (10KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
why not.jpg
10KB, 275x200px
>>79495009
Maybe. Who knows ?
>>
If u asked me this question when the movie came out I woulda said fuck yeah. The dark lord coming out of retirement to fight the new king would have been epic...

But looking back one of the cool unique things about sauron was he had a looming omnipotent presence and his name inspired fear and commanded huge armies but we never actually sae him. So looking back with hindsight it was good it was cut
>>
>>79495116
I agree but I also like the idea of him coming out as this bright, angelic looking figure opposed to what was seen in the prologue. Even if he didn't appear in that fight scene they could have had some kind of other scene showing him in that form
>>
>>79495009
GRIFFIIIIIIITH
>>
>>79495391
I agree. It's against Tolkien's canon, as he lost the ability to appear beautiful after destroying Numenor, but seeing the expectations of the audience defied at how he should appear would have been fun.
>>
Well, they already made him a jobber at the Black Gates anyway, so I don't see why you shouldn't completely shit on him just a little bit more.

The Appendices will always be better than the films themselves. Recutting the fight sequence to have Aragorn fighting a Troll is brilliant filmmaking.
>>
Wasn't the original concept that he would appear to Aragorn alone as an angelic figure, but upon swinging would devolve into his corrupted form from the Prologue?

It's a cool as fuck concept, but it doesn't fit the books or the story.
>>
>>79495479
>Well, they already made him a jobber at the Black Gates anyway

How so?
>>
File: Sauron10.png (263KB, 800x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Sauron10.png
263KB, 800x1005px
>>79495528
Something like that.
>>
>>79495539
By having as strategic a mind as Sauron be fooled by a rabble of men marching on Mordor.

Easily the dumbest part of the book.
>>
>>79495606
>My lord, perhaps we should keep hold of a reserve force in the event of....
>I SAID EVERYTHING!
>>
>>79495606
Was he that strategic though? Wasn't his flaw that he assumed men in particular were only the sum of their baser emotions - pride, avarice, lust, etc - so he couldn't conceive of a plan where they wouldn't attempt to use the ring against him?
>>
>>79495009
I'd be ok with them showing his angelic form, but a meme battle like that would have degraded the film to video game status.
>>
>>79495703
>Was he that strategic though?

He was Melkor's top Lieutenant, and even though he lost the major battles in the War of the Ring, his commitment to raw production and manpower would have overrun everything.

Maybe he wasn't super strategic, but he didn't need to be. He literally had nothing to fear of the rest of the world's entire combined armies marching on Mordor, that was half the point of camping there- It was impenetrable, and not because of the Black Gate either.

The entire concept the way it plays out is ridiculous and demeans not just Sauron's character, but Gandalf. Could Gandalf be so stupid as to assume that Sauron would be so stupid?

Ultimately it's the author's fault. One of few, but a fault nonetheless.
>>
>>79495851
>Could Gandalf be so stupid

The Valar only seemed to send their worst guys, so yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>79495460
TETSUOOOOOOOOOO
>>
No. The whole point (at least is established in the movies) is that Sauron cannot yet take physical form without repossession of the Ring. Having Sauron reappear and being able to fight in the battle kind of negates the point of destroying the Ring.
>>
>>79495976
is the Eye not physical?
>>
File: SauronPleadsForgiveness .jpg (1MB, 2068x1354px) Image search: [Google]
SauronPleadsForgiveness .jpg
1MB, 2068x1354px
>>79496012
No, it's made of angelic fire.
>>
>>79495976
I think it is still up to interpretation or discussion of whether Sauron has a physical form in the movies or not. I don't think it is established that the eye IS Sauron, it is always referred to as the eye OF Sauron. Plus some argue that when we see Sauron's physical form in the palantir that is how he is at that moment and not some kind of vision of him in the past or him yet to come, thus implying he has a physical form in the movies.
>>
>>79496159
Yeah, and Saruman says he can not yet take physical form in Fellowship, he doesn't say why, it's possible that he (in the movies) reconstituted himself a little while after Saruman's statement.
>>
>>79495606
He thought aragorn was going to try to use the ring against him
He never even imagined that they might try to destroy it
tldr: it was autism
>>
>>79495391
This, I really wanted to see that.
>>
>>79495851

>loses all the major battles in the War of the Rings
>just uses mass production and manpower and throws them at things until they break

I dunno mate, sounds like a pretty shitty strategist to me
>>
>>79495009
Jackson should have kept the deleted scene where Aragorn pounds Sauron's tight boipussy. It was a very important scene, symbolic of the victory of good over evil.
>>
>>79496406
Sorry, friend. By the War of the Ring all Aragorn would be getting was this thing >>79495601
>>
Jackson should have kept the deleted scenes where Aragorn seizes Sauron's fiscal assets. It was a very important scene, symbolic of the victory of taxes over evil.
>>
>>79496719
A hole is a hole, friend.
>>
so if sauron is basically unchallenged in power how is it that a man can defeat him but fingolfin (?) couldnt defeat morgoth despite them both being the same type of entities and fingolfin belonging to that family of elves that are very powerful
>>
So much good shit was cut due to them wanting a movie with two long drawn-out endings.
>>
>>79496976
Are you retarded? Morgoth is a literal god. Sauron was his little bitch boy.
>>
>>79496976
Fingolfin isn't the same type of entity as either Sauron or Morgoth. He was the high king of the Noldor and one of the most powerful elves to have ever lived but he was still just an elf. A very angry elf though, angry and crazy enough to challenge Morgoth (a fucking god) to a 1v1 AND manage to wound him like seven times.

Fingolfin was so fucking metal that by the end of their duel he was jumping around trying not to fall into the craters that Morgoth's footfalls created, and Morgoth was bleeding so much his blood filled up said craters.
>>
>>79496770
What about that deleted scene where Aragorn and the Mouth of Sauron get together and discuss Mordor's tax plans regarding production percentages?
>>
>>79497179
Fuck man, I gotta re-read The Silmarillion. Every character was so based.
>>
>>79496291
this desu. I thought that because so much of his self was dumped into the ring he was incapable of imagining they would destroy it.
>>
>>79496336
Sauron must have caught the retard flue sometime after getting rekt during the Second Age. He was a master strategist in the First Age, which desu was Sauron's golden era.

>manage to infiltrate Numenor under guise of a prisoner
>after only days he was having dinner with the king and convincing him of going up against fucking gods
>not deities or sects, I'm talking about literal gods the numenoreans knew existed because they caught glimpses of them sometimes and could see their land from their own shores on a good day
>makes the stupid numenoreans riot and challenge the Valar
>creates a sect and by the time Numenor sank he had most of the population convinced he was some sort of god and had a big ass temple built in the middle of the city
>he did this all on his own

He was bright as fuck, a 100 speech and 10 luck character.
>>
>>79497255
He was 100% sure his enemies would be unable to destroy the ring and would instead use it against him, leading to their inevitable corruption. Sauron never considered the hobbits, a race so chill they gave zero shits about power and control and were thus able to resist the ring for long periods of time.

Plus it is implied that the Valar nudged Bilbo into finding the ring so that in the end it would come to Frodo, the most adequate hobbit to carry out the quest.
>>
>>79496976
gil-galad and company killed sauron with a ring. fingolfin would assrape ringless sauron like it aint even funny.
>>
>>79497210
It's fantastic, I don't know why some people hate it. It's dense only if you sit down and try to read it all in one go. The way it should be read is book by book. So one day you read about Luthien and another day you read about Hurin, obviously keeping the stories in chronological order. It gives so much depth to LOTR too. There's more references to the Silmarillion in LOTR than most people realize.
>>
>>79497301
It was actually Melkor worship he converted Numenor to (he seemed to have a bit of an infatuation with Morgoth), but by the end the Numenoreans begin to worship him as a god, too.
>>
>>79497435
>Numenoreans begin to worship him as a god
well melkor was strongest being to ever grace arda so its not like they got fed 100% bullshit
>>
>>79497435
Actually I think it says somewhere that Sauron only served Melkor because of their difference in power during the early days when Melkor was still the most powerful Vala. In a letter Tolkien says they were of very different minds, Melkor just wanted to destroy everything the Valar created out of spite and jealousy, while Sauron wanted control and order whether his subordinates liked it or not, which is why I think he got along so great with the Numenoreans.
>>
What made Sauron think the Valar wouldn't kick his teeth in if he had actually managed to conquer Middle Earth? They already had promised they wouldn't do it against Morgoth but then they did it anyway, and all it took was a passionate plea.
>>
>>79496406
He had to keep the movie PG-13
>>
>>79497411
I read it long ago when I was just a kid. But I don't remember anything so I'll have to re-read it. Anyone who hates it has the attention span of a goldfish.
>>
>>79497467
Only for like 10% of the Silmarillion. By the time Numenor came around the Valar had fucked him up and thrown him off the planet, and he wasn't very powerful on his own (struggled against an elf). His power came from his minions and allies. Manwe would probably have crushed Melkor easily at any time in history save perhaps the days of the trees or anything before that.
>>
>>79497555
It was either amassing power in Middle-Earth and conquering it or hiding forever. Might as well become as powerful as you could in preparation for the impending Valar invasion.
>>
>>79497513
This is actually the most interesting thing about Sauron's character. By the time of the War of the Ring, after thousands of years of failed attempts at world domination, seeing his former master cast into the Void, losing the ability to change form, Sauron had lost the will to live, and was just going through the motions of was in the vague hope that either the Valar or Eru himself would utterly destroy him.
>>
File: 8TW2Quw.jpg (988KB, 1600x1348px) Image search: [Google]
8TW2Quw.jpg
988KB, 1600x1348px
My biggest disappointed with the last stand at the Gate was that this didn't happen after the Ring was destroyed. I wanted to have the clouds forming in a swirling anger, ready to snuff out the last resistance, as it appears in the book, but, no. Instead, we get a panicked eyeball that explodes.
>>
>>79496976
you never fucking read the silmarillion, did you?
>>
>>79497688
After Numenor the Valar half-forgave him and had him working for them, but Sauron was afraid they might inflict worse punishment and fled to Middle-Earth, so I don't think he was suicidal. He might have been desperate in the end, fearing becoming trapped beyond the world like Melkor. Or, what I like to think, is that he tried his hardest to fuck shit up before the Valar came back to get him and decided to take as many people with him as he could.

>we'll never see a film noir of Sauron in human form in the 50s escaping from the gods of the ancient world, falling in love with a human girl and explaining to her his tragic history and how he was regretful of his past decisions
>>
>>79497801
Sauron's panicked eyeball looked strangely adorable.
>>
File: early-melkor.jpg (346KB, 1476x879px) Image search: [Google]
early-melkor.jpg
346KB, 1476x879px
>>79496976
Morgoth is the most powerful being that was ever created (assuming Eru wasn't created).
>>
>>79497821
>>we'll never see a film noir of Sauron in human form in the 50s escaping from the gods of the ancient world, falling in love with a human girl and explaining to her his tragic history and how he was regretful of his past decisions

Never say never.
>>
>>79497801
yeah, would've been cool to see a scary cloudy silhouette of sauron only to be blown away by wind
>>
>>79495009
Maybe it would have made me feel less bad for Sauron.

His last moment on screen was a scared giant eye looking at Mt. Doom. I felt bad for the guy.
>>
>>79497914
He just wanted some order.
>>
>>79497863
Only in the earliest days. And then he was only a bit more powerful than Manwe, and Ulmo was also only a bit less powerful, so Manwe and Ulmo could probably have fucked him up if they had teamed up to do it. And Tulkas defeated Melkor when he was most powerful. The Valar were just very stupid or too sympathetic.
>>
>>79497952
Alternatively, he just needed some treatment for angel OCD.
>>
>>79497952
Sauron was a globalist. I'm glad his armies of barbaric black orcs were vanquished and the White Realm of Gondor thrived thereafter. Didn't you see Viggo's face at the Golden Globes? He would have enforced a very strict immigration policy upon Gondor, for sure.
>>
>>79497914
I found that scene quite unintentionally funny. What an idiot.
>>
>>79497970
Honestly, I think it was the former. They come across as really incompetent.
>>
Is Tom Bombadil = Morgoth? Why didn't he just team with Sauron to btfo all the weak cucks?
>>
>>79498011
>What an idiot.

Sauron?
>>
>>79497301
I don't think he was ever too smart. He wasted tons of werewolves trying to kill Huan and then he tried to 1v1 him as a wolf and lost.
>>
>>79498048
Tom Bombadil is quite literally Tolkien's OC DONUT STEAL.
>>
>>79498048
Nah he's just Eru chilling in the world he helped create, eating shrooms and fucking his blonde bombshell river deity.
>>
>>79498070
yeah, I laughed hard at how helpless he was tumbling off that tower and freaking the fuck out.
>>
>>79498079
He was just trying to be honorable.
>>
>>79498015
Nah it's just that they're lazy and don't really care. They could potentially just create a new Arda if Morgoth fucks everything up, so they only get involved when his shit-stirring affects them directly.
>>
>>79498084
All of the characters are OCs, you retard
>>
>>79496406
man i bet sauron got bitchy as hell about morgoth's rageboner for feanor
>>
I agree with >>79495116
The tension in the films results from the threat of Sauron achieving full power, and the ring's vital role in that. Even though we see his armies and shit, the thing that makes Frodo and the Ring so pressing is the potential of Sauron's personal strength, so showing him come out and fight would reduce the effect of that.
>>
>>79498079
He was pretty stupid and didn't do much during the start of the first age. His shining moment really was Numenor. He almost had something going with the rings but when the elves found out he said "Fuck it I'll just embrace this Dark Lord shit and fuck Middle-Earth up" and thus we have the second age and by extension the third.
>>
>>79498202
I agree.
>>
>>79496955
Not all holes are made equal friendo
>>
>>79498175
I don't think they had that much power desu. Only Eru could have done that. The Valar's powers weren't limitless. Remember that Yavanna couldn't recreate the trees and would have needed Feanor's Silmarils to recuperate such magic.
>>
>>79495009
Why did Sauron become evil, anyway? I know Melkor's reasons, but what were Saurons?
>>
>>79498298
Untreated OCD.

Seriously.
>>
>>79498290
Eru himself is the most apathetic because he knows Morgoth will never pose a threat to him and he can just re-create everything. It's like a kid with one of those ant farm toys.
>>
>>79498298
Melkor seduced him in the beginning of time. Sauron was an apprentice of Aule (who was a lot like Melkor but good instead of evil) and when he saw what Melkor was capable of he switched sides and became his lieutenant.
>>
>>79498298
From what I recall, Melkor wanted to create w/ the imperishable flame independently from the direction of Eru. The result was he could only make mockeries and imperfections.
Once he gets captured and the shenanigans with the Silmarils get going his motivations get noticeably weaker. Basically: "me like glowy rock"
>>
>>79498396
i read melkor and sauron backwards. my bad
>>
>>79498396
I mean, to be fair, they were really pretty rocks
>>
>>79498298
Morgoth's big black cock made his panties wet. I'm being serious.
>>
>>79498422
>God of Evil
>Has to team up with a spider to cut down some trees
>Said spider kicks his ass
>>
>>79498453
The spider is the most powerful being in the universe, more powerful and older than Eru himself.
>>
File: FallenMaia.png (348KB, 500x802px) Image search: [Google]
FallenMaia.png
348KB, 500x802px
>>79498439
Sauron was a sexy guy.
>>
>>79498118
You wouldn't really be chill if you were about to die.
>>
>>79498361
Eru appeared apathetic because everything happening in the world was part of his plan from the beginning. The music they create at the start of the Silmarillion tells the story from beginning to end. The Valar don't know exactly what'll happen because their interpretation of the music is limited, but Eru knows it in its entirety because he composed it.

Even the moments in which he has to interfere (like resurrecting Gandalf and maybe pushing Gollum off the edge of Mount Doom) were most likely premeditated and Eru always knew when and where he could have to interfere. So his apathy is only an illusion and the only way someone could discover his true intentions would be to see the entirety of history and decide if the good outweighs the bad.

Basically the only way of finding out if the joke is funny is waiting for the punchline.
>>
>>79498483
The sexy sauron threads are gayer than threads on /fit/

and i love it
>>
>After the success of The Hobbit, Tolkien's publisher requested a sequel. Tolkien sent them an early draft of The Silmarillion but through a misunderstanding, the publisher rejected the draft without fully reading it. The result was that Tolkien began work on "A Long Expected Party", the first chapter of what he described at the time as "a new story about Hobbits", which became The Lord of the Rings

Huh.
>>
>>79498474
>most powerful being in the universe
>more powerful than Eru himself
>gets ass kicked by some Balrogs
>child gets killed by a fat hobbit
>>
>>79498474
Nah nowhere does it say that. It might have been the most powerful being in Arda but it wasn't more powerful than Eru.
>>
>>79498564
Don't forget
>is so retarded that despite having speech capabilities and obvious sentience, it eats itself
>>
File: Sauron11.png (492KB, 630x708px) Image search: [Google]
Sauron11.png
492KB, 630x708px
>>79498535
Indeed.
>>
>>79498453
tbf the spider was drunk on god juice and he needed her help because she literally ate light
>>
>>79498298
>Sauron had never reached this stage of nihilistic madness. He did not object to the existence of the world, so long as he could do what he liked with it. He still had the relics of positive purposes, that descended from the good of the nature in which he began: it had been his virtue (and therefore also the cause of his fall, and of his relapse) that he loved order and co-ordination, and disliked all confusion and wasteful friction. (It was the apparent will and power of Melkor to effect his designs quickly and masterfully that had first attracted Sauron to him.) Sauron had, in fact, been very like Saruman, and so still understood him quickly and could guess what he would be likely to think and do, even without the aid of the palantíri or of spies; whereas Gandalf eluded and puzzled him. But like all minds of this cast, Sauron’s love (originally) or (later) mere understanding of other individual intelligences was correspondingly weaker; and thought the only real good in, or rational motive for, all this ordering and planning and organization was the good of all the inhabitants of Arda (even admitting Sauron’s right to be their supreme lord), his ‘plans’, the idea coming from his own isolated mind, became the sole object of his will, and an end, the End, in itself.
>>
>>79498483
>>79498535
>ywn be Al Pharazon
>ywn rule over the greatest civilization of men
>ywn have a beautiful Maia fucktoy ready to obey your most depraved commands
>ywn cum inside Sauron every day
>>
>>79498564
Umm... shelob is still alive
>>
File: sauron4.png (1MB, 400x2380px) Image search: [Google]
sauron4.png
1MB, 400x2380px
>>79498650
Speaking of which.
>>
>>79498474
Why are LOTR threads filled with people so happy to just make up whatever shit they want. Here is what is actually written about Ungoliant :

>There, beneath the sheer walls of the mountains and the cold dark sea, the shadows were deepest and thickest in the world; and there in Avathar, secret and unknown, Ungoliant had made her abode. The Eldar knew not whence she came; but some have said that in ages long before she descended from the darkness that lies about Arda, when Melkor first looked down in envy upon the Kingdom of Manwë, and that in the beginning she was one of those that he corrupted to his service. But she had disowned her Master, desiring to be mistress of her own lust, taking all things to herself to feed her emptiness; and she fled to the south, escaping the assaults of the Valar and the hunters of Oromë, for their vigilance had ever been to the north, and the south was long unheeded. Thence she had crept towards the light of the Blessed Realm; for she hungered for light and hated it.
>>
>>79498622
>you will never see good Sauron
>>
>>79498697
it's left open ended. she very well may have died from her wounds.
still doesn't change my point that the supposed most powerful being in Arda had a child who let a fat hobbit get the best of her
>>
>>79498818
Why? He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1480370658576.png (145KB, 416x194px) Image search: [Google]
1480370658576.png
145KB, 416x194px
>>79498796
WEW
>>
File: 15414542297_41848c3c08_z.jpg (99KB, 564x590px) Image search: [Google]
15414542297_41848c3c08_z.jpg
99KB, 564x590px
>>79498854
He did everything wrong.
>>
>>79498854
>muhsilmarils.jpeg
>>
>>79498745
it's my headcanon anon :^))))
the words on the page don't matter as long as I'm happy
>>
File: Mairon.png (715KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mairon.png
715KB, 900x900px
>>79498872
>>
>>79498745
Fine, I'll admit I was wrong. I genuinely forgot about Ungoliant's exact origin and just grew so used to other posters memeing about her being the strongest being in Arda.
>>
Fun fact, in my highschool, there was this self-proclaimed "God of Nerds" who acted like he was the end all judgment on anything "geeky". He absolutly REFUSED to believe me when I told him about this scene, insisting it was the mouth of Sauron.

It was fun to prove him wrong in front of everyone.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>79498908
He did nothing wrong. The Valar let a fucking dark god lose on their realm that ended up killing his father and then asked him to give up my life's most important work because THEY had fucked up.
>>
>>79498439
>>79498483
>>79498535
>>79498608
>>79498650
>>79498959
Where do you literal faggots get all the sexy sauron pics?
>>
>>79499053
There's a whole Deviantart community dedicated to him, anon.
>>
>>79499053
http://melkorwashere.tumblr.com/

This person does tons of sexy sauron
>>
>>79498897
Tell me one thing he did wrong.
>>
File: 1487001856480.jpg (85KB, 651x641px) Image search: [Google]
1487001856480.jpg
85KB, 651x641px
>>79499072
>mfw one of my sexy Sauron drawings got into the sexy Sauron community
>>
File: dude.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>79499001
>kinslaying
>nothing wrong
>>
>>79499117
>kinslaying
>burning the ships
>forsaking his brother who followed him out of blind loyalty
>>
>>79499156
Which one?
>>
>>79499180
>Killing Teleri fucking shits
>Ever wrong

Reminder that they were such fucking pussies that even when the Valar finally decided to take down Morgoth permanently, all they did was ferry over an army to Middle-earth and refused to get out of their fucking boats.
>>
>>79497588
That's because Melkor used his power to spawn orcs dragons, werewolves etc... He dispersed it rather than concentrate it like the other Valar did
>>
>>79499227
Can't find it now and don't even remember my DA account name, but it was a watercolour of naked Sauron holding the Ring.
>>
>>79499180
>>79499226
the teleri shits had it coming, all they had to do was fucking lend him the ships he needed to get his revenge on his father's death and his silmarils back, but no, they just had to be prissy cunts
>>
>>79499180
>>79499226
>implying he can be held accountable for what his Valar-crazed followers did
>implying it wasn't the Teleri who first betrayed the Noldor by denying them ships and holding a monopoly over water travel
>implying it wasn't the Teleri who killed more elves by forcing the Noldor to literally walk to Middle-Earth, having to cross the fucking arctic circle and losing millions on the trek

You guys are so blue-pilled when it comes to the Noldor.
>>
>>79499283
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Fingolfin went up against a diminished Melkor but Melkor had all three Silmarils which more than makes up for it and STILL got his shit kicked in (mostly). Fingolfin would have destroyed end of the first age Melkor.
>>
File: 1486946262348.jpg (936KB, 2373x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1486946262348.jpg
936KB, 2373x1500px
I really like Lord of The Rings.
>>
>>79498796
So. Wait. Sauron can be a girl? Orrr???
>>
CITY POWER RANKINGS

>Gondolin
>Doriath
>Tuna and other Valar cities
>Lorien
>Rivendell
>The Shire
>Minas Tirith

>shitty Rohan towns
>>
>>79499485
>not knowing the effects of silmarils in the presence of evil
>>
>>79499555
Vala and Maia could chose their physical appearance but it says in the book that whether they were male or female was something they always knew.

>Tolkien was shutting down gender fluid faggots before it was cool
>>
>>79499615
He couldn't touch them but he forged them into a big ass iron crown that probably gave him OP buffs or some shit
>>
>>79499579
The Rohirrim are always out riding, they don't need any large cities just sufficient settlements. The hobbits are all sheltered and looked after by the rangers, and Minas Tirith is a defensive fortress. The elf cities are all magical and subvert everything about maintaining a city.
>>
>>79499485
The silmarils actually weaken him. It constantly burns and weighs down his head. He wears them because he's that spiteful
>>
>>79499716
Morgoth can't be that much of a son of a bitch
>>
>>79499579
Where is nargothrond goatfucker
>>
>>79499701
>Minas Tirith not a city
>the capital and main hub of Gondor
>>
>>79499812
I didn't say it wasn't a city, I was pointing out its original purpose; everyone's pretty much forced to live there after Osgiliath was destroyed because of the threat in the east.
>>
>>79499781
Way at the bottom because it's a shit tier city that's impossible to defend and one of the first cities to fall.
>>
>>79499555
Sauron is a boy. Ar-Pharazon put his penis up Sauron's butt.
>>
>>79499875
So do you always point out irrelevant shit
>>
There's also Dol Amroth. Minas Tirith is probably the least self sufficient settlement in Middle Earth and needs all the aid from the Rohirrim they can't get.
>>
File: IMG_8875.jpg (40KB, 334x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8875.jpg
40KB, 334x440px
>>79499485
>ywn see Fingolfin taking it to Morgoth on the big screen

Fugg
>>
>>79499934
the information is relevant to the topic, what's your special idea of relevance?
>>
>>79499935
>shit port town that nobody knows about
Way to handle your tourism department. Also Minas Tirith was self-suficient, even more so after Sauron was destroyed.
>>
>>79499877
>impossible to defend

>first underground city
>made every dwarf fucking scum envious
>was considered equal to menegroth
>only access via a bridge

If that faggot turin had destroyed the bridge like he was told, nargothrond would have outlasted gondolin
>>
So hey, what was that thing about the children of the first men being able to travel to Valinor in their dreams or some shit like that?
I can't remember where I read that, am I just making the that up?
>>
>>79500031
Christopher Tolkien won't live forever.
>>
>>79500031
They would probably ruin it. I can think of no living director who wouldn't fuck up the Silmarillion.
>>
>>79499758
>Literally set fate/causality against the generation of a single man for simply disagreeing with him and made him watch the ensuing clusterfuck for shits and giggles.

Yeah, he was
>>
>>79500078
>first underground city
>Menegroth already existed
>it was the main inspiration for Nargothrond

>only access via bridge being a plus
>it was the literal downfall of the city

If you're gonna defend your shit tier city at least do a good job at pointing out its advantages like its army and seclusion.
>>
>>79500115
Honestly, snyder could do the epic and grandiose spectacle of the silmarillion justice providing someone competent writes the adaptation.

Based mel could too
>>
File: a0f.gif (5KB, 365x378px) Image search: [Google]
a0f.gif
5KB, 365x378px
S-stop this, guys. You're making it too hard for me to fight these impure thoughts I have about Sauron-senpai...
>>
>>79500218
>Based Mel

I like your way of thinking.
>>
>>79500218
Don't let Snyder anywhere near Tolkien. His obsession with grim-dark shit would ruin it.

Mel however would do a great job with certain stories. Turin Turambar comes to mind as something he could direct. Fuck if he was still young he could have played Turin himself.
>>
>>79500195
It was only a downfall becasue some faggot thought he was the shit.

At its height Nargothrond surpassed menegroth in beauty and strength
>>
>>79500287
>>79500264
Mel could play hurin wonderfully

Considering silmarillion is all depressing shit snyders vision could work. Say what you will he has a good eye
>>
>>79500359
>moving the goalposts

It was a shitty city. A good idea and better execution + a good ruler (at the start) but in the end it proved to be one of the shittiest places for elves to live and was an abandoned, haunted ruin for a long time until Beleriand sank.
>>
One of my favorite passages in the Silmarillion was where one of the elven princes met the first men wandering into the west. After everything that's already happened he sees them just completely crude and pathetic in their little camp and wakes them up with dope harp music and visions. It wasn't sad at all but I wept hard and the book is full of moments like that. And with the insane power levels and biblical-telling style and things like >>79499716 this it's time for a re-read, thanks thread.
>>
>>79499502
why? there's literally no mention of tax policy whatsoever
>>
>>79495606
Sauron believed Aragorn got the Ring, that why he was marching into Mordor. The plan was to kill Aragorn, get the Ring back, win the game.
>>
>>79496336
Quantity is a quality by itself.
>>
>The world was young, the mountains green,
>No stain yet on the Moon was seen,
>No words were laid on stream or stone
>When Durin woke and walked alone.
>He named the nameless hills and dells;
>He drank from yet untasted wells;
>He stooped and looked in Mirrormere,
>And saw a crown of stars appear,
>As gems upon a silver thread,
>Above the shadow of his head.
>The world was fair, the mountains tall,
>In Elder Days before the fall
>Of mighty kings in Nargothrond
>And Gondolin, who now beyond
>The Western Seas have passed away:
>The world was fair in Durin's Day.
>>
>>79500481
Yeah, remind me what happened to the other elven kingdoms
>>
>>79495009
SOMEONE HELP ME. WHICH DELETED SCENE?! I HAVE SEARCHED ALL OVER YOUTUBE
>>
>>79500918
Its not a deleted scene. It never made the cut, merely a concept

https://youtu.be/9MvcaQg_auk

Ignore the music
>>
>>79500918
https://youtu.be/AVpFYDDM36I

A better version
>>
>>79500862
Lasted longer than Nargothrond that's for sure
>>
You guys are all wrong.
Fucking Bree is where it's at.
>>
>>79501221
>Bree is where it's at.
My Underhill
>>
>>79500726
Yeah it's kinda like he's thinking,

'Okay, so I know one of those dumbass halflings had the ring like 2 years ago, but a couple got captured by that cunt Sauruman and they didn't have it, and the other two haven't been seen. Probably some elf or man got tired of their shit and killed me and took the ring'

And then ooooooooooh shit! New king of gondors talking shit to me over the palantir and is marching on the gates, bet that asshole has it now, time to go get it back from that fool.

But then Mt. Doom starts erupting and he realizes that those moron mortals actually let that fucking midget hold onto the ring the WHOLE TIME?!
>>
>>79495009

is this legit?
>>
>>79500115
Peter Jackson could do a good job if he had adequate prep time to build the sets and the Jews at the studio weren't forcing him to do retarded shit for more shekels
>>
>>79501794
This meme is ancient, how new are you?
>>
>>79501808
Assuming he actually wanted to do it, wasn't he kind of forced to do the hobbit? If he was forced to do Silmarillion it probably would end up a disaster
>>
>>79495009
A lot of things in the books didn't or wouldn't translate well onto film without it being a mess like the Hobbit movies.
They did a very good job all in all.
>>
>>79495606
Sauron was expecting them to have the ring and knew they were coming, and plus the whole purpose of Frodo being the ring-bearer was that a Hobbit was small enough to sneak into Mordor undetected. When the army showed up at the Black Gate Sauron assumed they had the ring, especially considering Aragorn had just used the Palantir to say fuck you to him and was the new king/Isildur's heir. Of all people to have the ring, it'd be him. It's why I hate the "hurr why didn't Sauron put some guards outside Mount Doom" argument. Because the chances of anyone getting remotely close to Mount Doom was so slim that it would be pointless. It's like if the secret service forced the president to wear bulletproof armor at all times, even when he was sleeping. At some point it's just overkill
>>
>>79497801
yeah but the moment when Barad-dur is tipping over and the eye explodes combined with the music is fucking kino to the highest degree so it's okay
>>
>>79497970
Absolutely not, Tulkas won against Morgoth when he was the weakest. Remember Morgoth take from his power to fuel his creatures so he is weaker each time he create something like balrogs or dragons.
>>
>>79497207
iirc they also went over mouth of sauron bonus situation
>>
Yes it should have been an open debate about tax policies in a town hall style in front of an audience of orcs, elves, humans, and dwarves
>>
>>79498705
Sauce ?
>>
>>79502795
It's not from the books, it was pure Hacksonry.
>>
Why wasn't there a door at Mount Doom though? I guess Sam could've lockpicked it. Or like a couple of orc guards?
>>
>>79502026
yeah after Del Toro dropped out Warner Bros was basically like if you don't direct this we're giving it to someone else and he was like well you need to give me more time for pre-production I have literally less than a year thats almost impossible and then Warner Bros said they were going to get Brett Ratner to direct it then and so Jackson could either watch The Hobbit get raped completely or he could attempt to do what he could with the time he had. And this was when it was only 2 movies, so halfway through the production Warner Bros changes it to 3 and Jackson (while in the middle of filming) has to go and then rewrite the last movie into 2 and start adding shit.

Then the movies turn out horribly and he gets all the blame. He definitely made stupid decisions but its all really Warner Bros' fault for being greedy idiots that refused to spend money on preproduction. Just look at what Jackson looked like in the image they released when filming started of him in Bag End and what he looked like when the third one was released. He looks like he aged 20 years and gained at least 100 pounds.

>tfw his legacy was ruined because he prevented us from getting so much worse but the general public has no idea and thinks he just turned into George Lucas.
>>
>>79505635
There WAS a giant door.
>>
File: 1487174488495.png (150KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
1487174488495.png
150KB, 780x433px
>>79506367
>Brett Ratner

fuck me that would have been awful. Fuck WB for that, and they obviously haven't learned based on all the shit going down with the DCEU. Are they worse than Sony at this point?
>>
>>79506367
I still think that MGM doesn't get enough blame.

Their financial issues was the reason why the movie got delayed so much and even when they were about to go bankrupt they refused to give the rights of the book to New Line/WB.
>>
File: 2011vs2014.jpg (356KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
2011vs2014.jpg
356KB, 970x545px
>>79506367
h-he was just trying to save us, bros ;~;
>>
>>79506561
Man, he really did gain like a hundred pounds
>>
File: 1432880967896.jpg (109KB, 724x844px) Image search: [Google]
1432880967896.jpg
109KB, 724x844px
>>79506367
He was the hero we deserve
>>
File: fuckyouwarnerbros.jpg (406KB, 790x545px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyouwarnerbros.jpg
406KB, 790x545px
>>79506561
can we start one of those petition things to make Warner Bros apologize to him
>>
>>79496336
>US military strategy
>>
File: HobbitTrilogy.jpg (100KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
HobbitTrilogy.jpg
100KB, 500x622px
>>79506561
>>
File: forbilbo.jpg (457KB, 790x545px) Image search: [Google]
forbilbo.jpg
457KB, 790x545px
>>79506780
fixed to make the before pic better
>>
>>79497970
>Only a bit more powerful
Melkor at full power was soloing every Valar at once. If he didn't ejaculate his essence all over the world he would have never been defeated.
>>
>>79499899
>Sauron is a literal faggot
What a little bitch, I bet I could take on Sauron.
>>
>>79500031
Pretend the Dragon = Morgoth

https://youtu.be/-qC2P7QYjaE?t=2m31s
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.