[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we talk about what's the last movie we've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: The-Founder.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
The-Founder.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
ITT: we talk about what's the last movie we've seen and if it is any good
>The Founder
I say pretty meh, acting is good, but the second half is really boring and I would not recommend this movie to watch.
>>
First half felt like propaganda.
>>
>>79488740
propaganda of what?
I've enjoyed the first half, although the brothers were made like they're some gay couple. In the second one there is literaly no suspension you know how it's gonna go from there
>>
>>79488651
It was really worthless I thought.
>>
>>79488651
More like The Flounder.
>>
>>79488861
BALLS ON THIS PRICK!
>>
Dr Strangelove

It was great. I can't imagine the sense of anxiety people must've been feeling before they figured out the MAD principle would protect them forever.

Brilliant satire which actually builds tension instead of going full parody like everything we get today

Some brilliant performances too
>>
>>79488651
I enjoyed it because it called out crock for the thief and overall asshole he is. He had no reason to screw over their one percent (outside of greed) but even further, he didnt have to force them out of business.
>>
>>79488740
I'd agree. I wasn't to sure what to expect from a movie about the rise of Mcdonalds, and the beginning made me feel like they were glorifying the fast food industry. But when you think about it, back in the early days of fast food, they were more of a social gathering spot, and the food wasn't nearly as overly processed as it is now. The original owners of McDonalds even had a strong desire to keep their food products of high/good quality while still serving it quickly. It wasn't until the agressive expansion and the company being taken over by Keatons character and the Jews that it became what it is today, and what all fast food is known for: shit tier quality food, but served fast and cheap.

But ya, first half was awkward in that way.
>>
File: another-yeti.jpg (261KB, 778x999px) Image search: [Google]
another-yeti.jpg
261KB, 778x999px
Yeti 2/Another Yeti: A Love Story: Life on the Streets

Didn't know what to expect, nor had I seen the first movie. Absolutely retarded nonsense comedy with some surprisingly "edgy" jokes.

I ended up liking it, but only because I could overlook the extremely amateurish acting and the oftentimes badly timed delivery. It was at least something different, and it's over before it gets annoying.
>>
The ring 3... It was beyond retarded.
>>
>>79488801
>propaganda of what?
The fast food industry. The idea that people should be congratulated for making money off selling other people burgers and fries.
>>
File: mcgold.jpg (115KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
mcgold.jpg
115KB, 509x755px
Too much McConaughey. Not enough info on the "prospecting" industry and penny stocks.
>>
>>79489044
I understand but it's like this anon told here
>>79488999
that this burger joints were the places of social gatherings like car cinemas. Pretty comfy image for me.
>>
John Wick 2. Better than the first. Kino ending.
>>
>>79489138
best movie in 2017 so far
>>
File: Fifty_Shades_Darker_film_poster.jpg (80KB, 220x348px) Image search: [Google]
Fifty_Shades_Darker_film_poster.jpg
80KB, 220x348px
>>79488651
so... this is what turns women on huh?
>>
>hacksaw Ridge

it was alright, definitely overrated. first half really dragged and overall it was really cliche:
>outsider joins military, isn't accepted by peers who pick on him
>eventually they all come to love each other
>guy who was biggest assholes becomes best friend
>guy who was hated becomes a hero
>former assholes now best friend dies

I know it was a true story, I just wonder how much was changed to make it more cinematic. overall one of the weaker war movies I've seen, very predictable.
>>
>>79489207
woman say they like this shit, yet still a finger in ass is a big problem for them
>>
>>79489230
well in the movie he does pull out these beads and she goes "I'm not putting them in my butt". The women probably identified with that dialogue.
>>
File: frodo.png (662KB, 562x556px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
662KB, 562x556px
>>79489226
what war movie isn't predictable, retard?
>>
>>79489226
Retard
>>
>>79489123
I am both those posters.

I get why people would feel both ways. Like I said, it was an awkward first half.

You know it's a McDonalds origin movie, so you can't help but feel like they might have their greasy hands in it. That's why the beginning seems like a selfish promotion piece.

But it was also a different time, when fast food was just becoming "fast". These places were far different than they are now, at least the large franchise versions. Then McDonalds became the McDonalds Corporation, and other fast food franchises followed suit. The last half of the movie is anything but propaganda for the fast food industry, unless you like the idea of less quality ingredients in your food for the sake of profit.
>>
>>79489091
agreed
>>
>>79489252
>>79489292

nice arguments guys, thanks!
>>
>>79489296
I agree that McJew must had a big influence on this movie, except for the shakes part there is nothing about making the quality of products lower (and even with this they make it clear that shakes have milk again at the end).
>>
>>79489226
I actually liked the cliches: the asshole fellow recruit who grows to love the main character, the courtroom scene where everything goes Andrew Garfield's , Hugo Weaving's tragic father character. They don't make movies like this anymore.
>>
>>79488651
I like it because it shows the ironies of the capitalist system. Hard work isn't rewarded at all. You can become rich quicker by just stealing stuff from people.
>>
>>79489344
>singling out a word in my post to ignore the question
now that is retarded, indeed
>>
>>79489395
yeah they didn't ruin the movie for me, but i definitely don't think it deserves the amount of high praise it received since it was pretty much paint by numbers. it was decent, just not great.
>>
>>79489490
saying other war movies are cliche so this one should be excused is not an argument.
>>
>>79489483
this isn't excatly true
croc on his own would also go bankrupt, but after this jew sold him idea about owning the land he became so rich
>>
>>79489557
i'm saying since its based on a true story how unpredictable do you wanna be? i'm certain you're gonna have limitations of what you can change if you aim is to have a certain aspect of unpredictability to the plot
>>
>>79488651
I liked it but by no means loved it. I liked how he turned an efficient little also-ran into the biggest chain in the world by selling real estate with a restaurant deal. I did like how involved he was with his first restaurant and the disgust he had for his dinner club friends for jobbing what he busted his ass to kick start.
I like how he was an unapologetic asshole without being slimy. His marriage fell apart because his wife was too old fashioned. His contract with the original McDonald's fell apart because the owners were afraid to change. I didn't think it painted him as a good guy, more like a savvy shark waiting for the right meal. Ray was a mover, and if you didn't move with him you got left behind in the dust. 3/5 stars because it was good, but not crazy good.
>>
>>79489138
I hope your right anon. I did like the first one. The scene where he explains it wasn't just a dog was a bit hammy but goddamn did i really enjoy the film and its subtle nods to its own established world.
>>
>>79488651
I think the story would have been more interesting if told from the prospective of the brothers with Crock as a shady Devil type figure who promises great things but ultimately screwed them over. Myabe that's just because I like Nick Offerman and John Carol Lynch.
>>
>sues them out of their own name

Fan-fucking-tastic.
It did feel a little rushed and light. It needed more umph.

My favorite part was the origin of the original Diner. Those brothers were really ingenious.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.