[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch? I've seen the tv show, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: fwwm.jpg (36KB, 326x359px) Image search: [Google]
fwwm.jpg
36KB, 326x359px
What the fuck did I just watch? I've seen the tv show, but this was nothing like it.
>>
File: PDVD_128a_zps4f6c6202.png (223KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_128a_zps4f6c6202.png
223KB, 480x360px
>>79469965
You weren't supposed to see that
>>
>>79469965
It's just a rushed wrap-up of the series. It's probably Lynch's worst.
>>
>>79469998
>>79470070
it was pretty good imho

Mulholland Drive is his worst
>>
>>79470070
I think it's his second best. Don't think it's rushed and it definitely didn't wrap anything up.
>>
>>79470109
I was actually going to suggest Mulholland Drive.
I think it's his best, or at least one of his best.
>>
>>79470125
What?
It's literally just an explanation of all the mysteries int he series. Plain and flat, and without atmosphere or mystery at all.
I wonder what the fuck happened.
>>
>>79469965
you've been LYNCHED
>>
>>79470109
>Mulholland Drive is his worst
lol stop trolling
>>
>>79469965
It's great. Sheryl Lee is fantastic in it.
>>
>>79470194
>>79470131
it's not bad I think I'm just too stupid to enjoy it not even kidding
>>
>>79470109
I agree. Lost Highway is far superior, yet I always see people suggesting "muh lesbian romance mystery".
>>
File: 1442543247231.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1442543247231.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>79470257
That's too bad.
It's one of his more straight forward movies.
>Girl gets a lesbian lover
>Lover has success in Hollywood as an actress and dumps girl for movie man
>Girl gets angry and hires a hitman to kill lover
>Dreams up a story about how things could have been
>Regret tearing her up and she commits suicide

The blue key doesn't open anything. It's just a message that the "job is done". The blue box becomes a symbol of what that blue key unlocks: The dreadful reality of what she has done.
>>
>>79470257
>I'm just too stupid
bruh

mulholland dr is his most straightforward and easily digestible. i always think it's his masterpierce
>>
>>79470291
yeah by far Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Lost Highway, and all things Twin Peaks are Lynch's golden age
>>
>>79469965
You watched 'Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me'.
>>
>>79470430
>trying to be funny

that's not funny
>>
>>79470406
it's so drawn out though, I'm sure if I watch it again I'll get more involved but it was just so dry

about a third of it I was extremely enthralled like Lost Highway or Twin Peaks dream sequences, but the other two thirds of the movie I was just kinda bored

then again that's how I feel about Camus' writing if you ever read the Stranger, I'm just like "Okay, that happened, next scene"

I just have an inner pleb that needs to be satiated
>>
>>79470164
>explains shit
No
>without atmosphere
Hell no
>without mystery
What's the ring all about? What's the deal with Philip Jeffries? How is Coop ever going to get out of the lodge (the main mystery/cliffhanger of series 2)?

Yeah you could argue that we didn't really need to see Laura's final days, but I loved the way they showed her path of self destruction after she realised there was no way out of her situation because of how bizarre it seemed to everyone else. I thought the ending when she sees the angel was just beautiful - despite BOB's relentlessness, she basically won and is much happier dead as BOB couldn't take her soul.
>>
Twin Peaks was a show about what lies underneath the facade of niceness towns like Twin Peaks show to the world, mixed in with some supernatural elements taken from myths, occult, and extraterrestrial.

Fire Walk With Me is a character study of a girl that experienced daily moleststions from a spirit possessing her father; whose life was crumbling apart and who knows that eventually she will die. It is its own beast.
>>
>>79470542
>you could argue that we didn't really need to see Laura's final days, but I loved the way they showed her path of self destruction
I thought it was a foil to the tv show - the show was campy and melodramatic, the movie showed the actual horror of experiencing what Laura went through.

>What's the ring all about?
Well we have a telephone, it has a little ring.
>>
>>79470406
I have no idea why people say it's one of Lynch's most straightforward films. Aside from Lost Highway (and maybe Inland Empire, haven't seen it) none of his other films are anywhere near as confusing.
>>
>>79470678
Inland Empire is on a whole nother level.

Also, The Straight Story and Dune are some of his only straight-forward movie.
>>
Are the rest of his movies this good looking? I love every shot in FWWM. I've only watched Elephant Man but I watched it so long ago I hardly remember it.
>>
>>79470291
It's because MD is a much easier film for most people to follow compared to Lost Highway and especially Inland Empire
>>
>>79470882
okay what the fuck how is MD easy to follow why is everyone saying this

LH was much, much easier to follow
>>
>>79470802
The rest of his films don't have Madchen Amick, so no.
>>
>>79469965
I love it, one of Lynch's best and one of the few movies that has had me genuinely frightened
>>
>>79469965
at least it has the superior Donna
>>
>>79470764
The Elephant Man, The Staight Story and Dune are completely unambiguous
I'd say Blue Velvet is easier to understand.
Lost Highway is about on par with it, maybe a little more ambiguous
Inland Empire is by far his most screwy and Eraserhead is a lot more about trying to decipher the meaning than understanding the events. People have given theories about Eraserhead very similar to mine and he's said that that's not really how he sees it
>>
>>79469965
It's a pleb filter
>>
>>79471185
I agree, actually scary
>>79471011
But everything in MD makes sense. LH has so many extraneous things that take a ton to make sense
>>79470802
Yes, not in a sense that they're prettynto look at, but framing, mise-en-scene, etc are often extremely nice
>>79470426
I'm inclined to agree except I think Inland Empire is his masterpiece.
>>
Explain what happens in Inland Empire right now.
>>
>>79472119
The whole movie up to the point where the woman gets stabbed are her thoughts/travel through the subconscious as she lays dying. She then dies and the rest of the movie is her consciousness' journey through/glimpse at eternity
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.