[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the prequels so hated when they're more imaginative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

Why are the prequels so hated when they're more imaginative and memorable than the OT?
>>
File: amadeussalieri.jpg (495KB, 1240x524px) Image search: [Google]
amadeussalieri.jpg
495KB, 1240x524px
jelousy
>>
I'm a hist fag so i love a good backstory, I don't see the actual problem with the prequels.
>>
>>79461827
nostalgia, OT fans can't see how the very problems they criticize in the PT apply the same amount, if not more, to the OT
>>
>>79461871
hist fag? you can't type the rest of history? i guess this is the kind of thing to expect from someone who can't figure out the issues with the prequels
>>
>>79461827
>Jar Jar
>bad outdated CGI
>tons of cringe moments with Anakin
>kill the Force lore with "midichlorians"
>Qui Jon and Darth Maul, the best characters totally wasted
>JAR JAR
>turned Darth Vader one of the most beloved villains into just an "angsty teen"
>turned Darth Sidious in the typical "More power villain"
>FUCKING JAR JAR
>>
>>79461965
>>bad outdated CGI
>outdated
could you be more of a memer
>>
>>79461871

But it wasn't a good backstory. It was a dumb as rocks mess that made no sense in both character and setting.
>>
>>79461827
>more imaginative

Like in what way exactly. Lucas comes up with few new ideas in the prequels. It's all stuff established by the OT. The only leg you have to stand on here is that TPM is a very visually creative movie, but it's not the script.
>>
File: Revenge of the Sith.jpg (2MB, 5400x1389px) Image search: [Google]
Revenge of the Sith.jpg
2MB, 5400x1389px
Revenge of the Sith is unironically better than Rogue One and The Force Awakens
>>
>>79461965
Tbh the whole darth jarjar being an antiyoda thing really made me appreciate the character more. Fuck I wish it had happened
>>
>>79461827
The prequels might have had hammy acting and relied too much on special effects, but they are undeniably more creative and imaginative than the new movies. People seem to forget how many characters, planets, aliens, and technology got shown off in these movies. They jumpstarted a huge rush of amazing EU content, from books to comics to especially games.

What have we gotten out of the new movies? Jack shit comparatively. Sure, podracing was so-so, but Episode 1 Racer withstands the test of time.
>>
File: 1432671924842.jpg (15KB, 560x275px) Image search: [Google]
1432671924842.jpg
15KB, 560x275px
>>79462094
Revenge of the Sith is fucking kino. It's my favorite Star Wars movie with the best soundtrack.

ROTS > ANH > ESB > ROTJ > TPM > RO1 > AOTC > TFA
>>
>>79461827
People who watched the originals as kids get mad because the prequels "ruined muh childhood". People who watched the originals as adults give little to 0 of a shit.
>>
>>79462094
correct
>>
>>79462033
it dares to talk about the financial world
>>
>>79461827

I haven't gone through those movies in ages, except for a couple of months ago when I watched Anakin's defeat by Obi Wan.

Holy shit that acting, editing and the visual effects. Shit's all over the place. It's a mess.
>>
>>79461827

I have never understood all of the butt hurt about the PT.
>>
>>79462325

>Watch OT between the age of 5-9, enjoy thoroughly.
>see PT starting with Phantom menace age 10, enjoy thoroughly.
>see Episode 7 and Rouge one at age 26, enjoy thoroughly.
>re watch everything, enjoy thoroughly.

I will never understand the buttmad, there are moments of meh acting, questionable effects and dumb characters in all of these. I don't let it detract from the overall value and immersion of the movies.
>>
>>79462355
Not the other anon, but can you please elaborate on this one? It's been a couple years since I last watched the prequels.
>>
>>79462867
trade federation
banking clan
>>
>>79462830
I can relate. They aren't some masterpieces of cinematography but they're enjoyable for the most part and the universe is comfy. I wish they took a slightly darker take on it, though, and having played KOTOR2 and seen some episodes of the Clone Wars series that got surprisingly dark and mature, I think it would work great.
>>
>>79461827

>i don't like sand
>>
>>79462094
True dat home boy
>>
>>79463009
>It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
>>
Everyone loves sand niggers these days and they get triggered by the "i dont like sand" line.

>inb4 muh sand
>>
>>79462641
OT is cokacola, prequels were new coke
>>
>>79463408
the better article that people only dislike to fit in? makes sense
>>
>>79461901
>>79462183
>>79462641

My god, are you all underage fags? That is the only explanation, why you would consider PT anything other than shit.
>>
>>79463441
you were too young to have ever tasted new coke obviously
>>
>>79463507
people preferred it in blind tests
it was only disliked because of memes
>>
>imaginative

Are you fucking with me? People give the new star wars shit for fanservice but George made Boba Fett and his dad main plot points. Boba fett was a nothing character and george caved to fans and made him integral to the story of the prequels. There's shit like all over the prequels. They are just as soulless and pandering as the disney ones. You just prefer it because you watched it as a kid.
>>
>>79461827
Setting was good. The main problem was bad actor performances and underwhelming dialogue/screenplay. What good are nice sets and colorful lore, when the characters act like chimps on drugs? You're constantly drawn out of the experience. Didn't help that other stuff served to draw you away as well, being unnecessary pop culture references (muh diners) or toecurling comical relief.

George is welcome to be the idea guy, but he should let the directing and writing of actual dialogue and screenplay to people who have been in touch with reality for the past three decades and know what human interaction looks like.
>>
>>79461827
Because of exactly that. OT fanboys didn't want "prequels," they wanted a rehash of the originals set in a slightly different time period. Lucas was more concerned with telling an epic, continuous saga than with jerking off fanboys' boners for the originals, and they hate him for it.

Fanboys wanted Old Ben, what they got was a flawed Obi Wan who utterly failed as a master.

Fanboys wanted Yoda, what they got was the self righteous leader of a quasi religious order with a hardline fanatic serving as his right hand who was too blinded by his arrogance to see the darkness growing right under his nose.

OT fanboys wanted Darth Vader, not the severely flawed, incredibly talented, emotional young man who would become him..

OT fanboys wanted a small story with a tight group of plucky heroes and rare lightsaber battles, not a sprawling epic set to the backdrop of a massive galactic war and the political manipulations of the Star Wars universe's equivalent of Augustus.

If you don't believe me, look at how they creamed their pants at seeing Han Solo in the TFA trailer. They don't want storytelling and character growth, they want pandering.
>>
>>79463533
>six months after releasing cocacola classic, it was outselling new coke and pepsi by 60%
yeah people sure loved the new stuff didnt they
>>
>>79462355
Fuck off Martin.
>>
>>79461827
Its a meme ya dip
>>
>>79463673
>>six months after releasing cocacola classic, it was outselling new coke and pepsi by 60%
yes, because of memes
>>
I unironically appreciate how Palpatine rose to power. That's more interesting than DUDE DA GURLZ A JEDI LMAO.

For me it's:
ROTJ (it's fun) > EST (probably the best made film) > ROTS (it's fun and is full of memes) > ANH (not as rewatchable as the others imo) > AOTC (I like Count Dooku and the battle on Geonosis is good) > TPM (bad but entertaining) > > > > TFA (ripoff of ANH...DUDE BIGGER DEATH STAR LMAO) > R1 (not a real SW movie, only gets decent towards the end)
>>
>>79463672
>jerking off fanboys' boners for the originals, and they hate him for it.

Yeah because making Boba Fett's dad the clone blueprint isn't jerking off fanboys at all is it? You think seizure inducing lightsaber fights aren't exactly what fanboys wanted? The prequels are fan wank distilled to its core.
>>
>>79463070
Unlike (you)
>>
File: IMG_6613.jpg (686KB, 2285x3427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6613.jpg
686KB, 2285x3427px
>>79461827
I don't hate them because of her
>>
>>79463793
see >>79462886
>>
>>79463448
They're not underage. They're young millennials, who unlike the older millennials who were born in the 80's to 1992 they got to grow up mostly with the OT and the merch based off that. Those born in 1993 to 97 were too young for the OT so by the time they were the age demographic to want Star Wars stuff it was during the prequels. They all have their rose tinted glasses and will make up bullshit to explain how they're such good movies when they're just awful.
>>
>>79463866
Well that's the problem with the Prequels isn't it? George wanted to pack in all the action and fanservice he could but also stuffed all this pointless financial information. Those scenes go nowhere and watching the prequels will not give you a better understanding of the galactic financial network. The Trade Federation has a blockade because taxes. Is this ever gone into or explored? No. It's just a replacement of "evil empire" with "evil capitalists"
>>
>>79463866
See >>79463722
>>
>>79461901
>terrible acting from nearly the entire cast of each movie
>ugly ass CGI that might have been groundbreaking but still looked like shit even at the time
>Jar-Jar in general
>Episodes 1 and 2 being 90% filler that no one likes
Seriously if two of the three movies you use to tell a singular story aren't necessary and actually hamper and bloat the story don't have three fucking movies telling a singular story George
>>
File: phpfygRlp.jpg (79KB, 611x611px) Image search: [Google]
phpfygRlp.jpg
79KB, 611x611px
>>79463947
>pointless financial information
>pointless
>>
>>79463793
How is that fan service? He provided the background to a mystifyingly popular character from the originals. Also,
>implying the lightsaber fights in the prequels aren't almost universally despised by OT fanboys
>>
>>79462989
'They're enjoyable but not great' in the context you're using it is completely meaningless because what's being discussed is the merits of each aspect of the films, not just the overall enjoyment that can be derived from it
Lots of enjoyment can be derived from The Room or any other so-bad-it's-good film, do the prequels belong in that same category?

If you have nothing worthwhile to post don't post
>>
>>79461827
Because they're imaginative in a retarded way. The backstory of Vader could have been awesome. The old republic was a mess, there should have been a way to tell the story in such a way that Vader and Sheev got depected in at least a reasonably understandable if not a positive light. Instead we got gotta save muh babbymomma and muh infinite power. The Empire could have been a vision of something. Instead it's just cartoon evil.

Also the acting and characters are terrible. Anakin in Clone War cartoons is much better than in the prequels, and that's just sad.
>>
File: fisto.jpg (41KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
fisto.jpg
41KB, 335x500px
>>79461827
The shitposting on /tv/ made me like the prequels, every bad/cringeworthy moment makes me giggle to no end.
>>
>>79464045
Because Boba Fett is the ultimate fan favorite character. He is just a bad guy in the good guy's way, but he has a cool costume. To take some background character that fans love for being awesome looking and make their dad the main driving force of the entire story is exactly fanwank. It's like fanfiction its so shoved in their. Boba Fett wasn't "mystifying" he's an asshole who gets eaten. Your description is the definition of fanservice because his background was never important.
>>
>>79463968
There are much worse high-budget films in the current year that people don't seem that mad about. Look at the superhero bollocks that comes out every few months. Kids fucking love them.
>>
>>79463968
None of the prequels are needed. Vader was once good and became evil. Does matter as to why he went evil? It sure as hell didn't to the overall story in the OT. He's not even seduced, but tricked into becoming evil. Palpatine doesn't plant any seeds of seduction into Anakin. He just outright says the Sith can stop people from dying just as Anakin sees a vision of Padame dying during childbirth and then as soon as Anakin becomes Vader he reveals that he doesn't know and that they can discover it together. Anakin is a fucking idiot. Something as basic as Anakin was a good man but power slowly corrupted him and he sought out the dark side to gain more power would have been a million times better than what his actual motivation was.
>>
>>79463781
yeah man
>>
>>79464088
>The Empire could have been a vision of something. Instead it's just cartoon evil.
To be fair, that being a case in the prequels is really more of a confirmation that it was the intention all along. The simplistic Empire vs Rebels/Bad vs Good/Powerful Ruler vs Underdog thing is a big reason that the franchise is so popular, at least superficially. Everyone loves underdog stories.
>>
>>79461827
how is possible being so fucking contrarian
>>
>>79463672
>OT fanboys wanted Darth Vader, not the severely flawed, incredibly talented, emotional young man who would become him

Anakin wasn't flawed he was a walking flaw.

Look, we all knew that Anakin was going to end up going to the darkside. Why did Lucas have to hammer that into our faces with every fucking interaction of the script instead of just dropping hints here an there and letting him actually develop as a decent protagonist?

>Fuck I stubbed my tow!
>Be careful young padawan. Your anger betrays you!
>Sorry master

Obi Wan told Luke that Anakin was a good friend. There is barely a friendly moment in AOTC or ROTS between those two.
>>
Phantom menace was my 2nd sw movie after seeing empire. Even back then I enjoyed empire more. Phantom menace was simultaneously less childish yet more childish than the previous films. Stuff like taxations mixed together with poop jokes made it so uneven and boring. The only thing I could remember from it until rewatching it later was the 3 way light saber fight between jin obi wan and maul.
>>
>>79464233
Even accepting your premise, you cannot make a trilogy where you have black and white morality and then have evil winning each movie in a row. It's too depressing.
>>
>>79464198
Well, yeah, none of the prequels were 'necessary', but my point is more about not bloating a story you're already writing with unnecessary shit. The prequels have several clear points to them, like showing Sheev's rise to power and Vader's angsty years. The issue is that podracing and Jar Jar and Jango Fett and, hell, even Darth Maul and Qui Gon, are not relevant to any of this and only serve to bloat the movie's runtime. If he really wanted to play around with the established setting more George could have made a single prequel film depicting Anakin and Sheev's stories in a much more succinct and enjoyable way and THEN made other, unrelated films set in the Star Wars universe, about Jar Jar's galactic tax evading podracing gig or fucking whatever.
>>
>>79464271
how is posible (you) so bad at england
>>
>>79463793
>>79464045
Is this even fan service or is this toy sales service? Thousands of planets are seceding from the republic, do we really need to make it so that everyone involved in 2 generations of general warfare throughout a galaxy could easily fit in an airport shuttle bus?

For some reason even Yoda and Chewbacca were friends. Why?
>>
>>79464382
Considering you get your victory in RotJ it doesn't really matter what happens in any prequel at all.
>>
>>79461827
The PT dealt with taxation. No wonder is was so much deeper than the OT
>>
>>79464278
>Obi Wan told Luke that Anakin was a good friend. There is barely a friendly moment in AOTC or ROTS between those two.
The Clone Wars cartoon compensates for this.
>>
>>79464574
Anakin and Obi Wan's relationship is one of the few things that should have been in the prequel trilogy instead of what we got, which would have been a lot more acceptable in side material
>>
I liked the last one, specifically the last scene between padme and anakin. It was genuinely sad. Even if the dialogue is bad. Knowing that they loved each other since childhood really made it tragic.
>>
>>79464159
The CGI in Marvel movies, barring some obvious exceptions, isn't nearly as offensive and stupid looking as most of the prequels. Besides, is that really the standard now? Isn't it well-known most of those movies are just low-effort soulless cashgrabs?
>>
File: 1485225742076.jpg (69KB, 920x380px) Image search: [Google]
1485225742076.jpg
69KB, 920x380px
>>79464479
>Jar Jar's galactic tax evading podracing gig
>>
>>79464640
See if it was like that I could agree with you but with the godawful dialogue and writing it felt more like being told they loved each other and seeing nothing like that on screen
>>
File: procgi1.png (1MB, 1534x730px) Image search: [Google]
procgi1.png
1MB, 1534x730px
in the end, they are bad movies. they are not memorable for their quality. it was an imaginative world but the story was horrible
>>
>>79464535
>Considering you get your victory in RotJ it doesn't really matter what happens in any prequel at all.
Right there is how you make really bad movies.
>Well everyone knows it sorts itself out in the end
>So we don't need to tell the story in any way that makes sense
>Hell, we know what's going to happen so we don't even need the dialogue to make sense.

And it doesn't. Twins Luke and Leia are already a given so we know that Anakin impregnates Padme. Yet beyond Anakin's childhood infatuation with Padme and Padme's I have no idea whatsoever for Anakin, and a few lines of bad dialogue ("please don't look at me that way" "sorry, m'lady. BTW I hate sand") there's no driving force to this beyond the inevitability of the events of the OT.
>>
>>79464479
that's the story he wanted to tell but he knew hollywood would only finance it if he shoehorned in a story about skywalker
>>
>>79464574
I like the clone wars cartoons. But credit for goodness isn't really transferable like that. If they did a reboot of the prequels with the writing staff of the cartoons, I'd be delighted. Or if they just had the voice actors dub a new script over the footage of the prequels I'd buy it gladly.
>>
>>79464681
>CGI
They started on the PT almost 20 years ago. Do you have any clue how difficult it actually was back then, or are you just underage?

>standard
Nowhere did I mention actual standards, but Star Wars movies aren't much above action flick tier, and in their category they stand pretty well.
>>
>>79464786
That's stupid considering Vader's backstory would inherently be a story about a Skywalker.

>>79464757
No anon, I didn't say any of that. The destination being set doesn't mean the journey doesn't have to be consistent internally and with the destination.

As for the rest of your post I'm agreeing with you, the only thing I disagree with is the notion that, in a setting with a black/white morality, you can't have the bad guys winning three movies in a row. It's practically necessary in a prequel in order to set up the OT.
>>
File: 1487122759199.jpg (623KB, 2131x2939px) Image search: [Google]
1487122759199.jpg
623KB, 2131x2939px
>>79461827
I didn't hate PM (it was bad but it had some good scenes), but AoC was so bad I never bothered to watch RoS. I appreciate its meme and spoof potential, but it's not even a passable trilogy. And I was 11-12 when I saw PM and AoC, so I couldn't have had nostalgia boner for OT. Prequels just didn't have relatable characters, interesting plot or at least any sense of coherence and respect for previous installments, the music score and visuals were nice though.
>>
>>79464851
I'm sure it wasn't an easy job but that doesn't change the fact that the end product is not good. The visuals were impressive and maybe even groundbreaking for the time, but since even at the time they didn't look good, it doesn't matter for the point I was making.

While you didn't mention the term 'standards' the point you attacked was about the visuals not meeting a certain standard for quality.
>>
>MUH JAR JAR

get over it. he's as embarrassing as c3po, he didn't ruin the prequels and neither did the CGI. you just don't like them, maybe because of nostalgia or maybe because of pure contrarianism.

they're ok, they're not better than the OT but they're still ok. they got a rich lore and a nicely built universe, and most importantly, dared to tell a different story and avoided the pathetic sequels that are being made right now.
>>
>>79465123
Some people may blow it out of proportion but Jar Jar encapsulates what's wrong with the prequels. CGI that just didn't work on some level, unrelated to fucking everything else, and really just doesn't work as the creator intended because of poor execution.
>>
>>79465123
>dared to tell a different story
The story of a young boy on Tatooine becoming a Jedi and eventually toppling an evil space organization by blowing up their main space station? The story of a young princess being captured and eventually taking down the same evil organization? The story of an older wiser Jedi trying to teach his student before he dies in a lightsaber fight against a guy wearing all black with a red lightsaber? The story of a rag tag group of rebels taking down an overwhleming force of faceless mooks? The story of the main hero losing a limb in a fight with a much stronger sith?
>>
>>79463672
>Fanboys wanted Old Ben, what they got was a flawed Obi Wan who utterly failed as a master.
>Fanboys wanted Yoda, what they got was the self righteous leader of a quasi religious order with a hardline fanatic serving as his right hand who was too blinded by his arrogance to see the darkness growing right under his nose.
>They don't want storytelling and character growth, they want pandering.

There's a big difference between character growth and just plain inconsistency of characters.

Having Ben and Yoda be one way in the PT and another way in the OT only counts as growth if you show how this happens. Ben develops a bit better than Yoda in the PT. By the end of it you can kind of see how the experience has changed him and can believe that he went to Tatooine and became what you'll see in the next movie. But Yoda is just a dick in the PT and then we see him in ESB as completely changed by some kind of offscreen mental breakdown or stroke
>>
>>79465123
The more I watch the prequels the more I like Binks. But these movies are bad.
>>
>>79465123
>neither did the CGI
I don't mind CGI, but I've heard people theorize that part of the reason the acting in the PT was so bad is that the actors found the absence of visual cues disorienting. Some scenes might have been better on a set or with a puppet than they turned out with CGI.
>>
>>79461827

If you don't know why the pleb-quels suck, you have shit-taste and autism.
>>
>>79465447
That and bad direction. George himself admits he isn't a good director and he doesn't like doing it anyway.
>>
>>79465290
>>They don't want storytelling and character growth, they want pandering

Darth Vader built c3p0

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>79466047
I think you responded to the wrong guy.
>>
>>79466077
Maybe.

My point still stands. The pleb-quels are unforgivable turds and anyone who defends them has autism.
>>
>>79462099

It was not supposed to happen. Jar Jar was supposed to die. George wanted to make a beloved iconic character, that was funny, and the new chewbacca, and kill him.

anakin couldn't bear to see the strain it took on c-3p0 with how sad he was, and erases c-3p0's memory.

There's a lot more to it about the initial episode 2 and 3 outlines, but it seems like the far far more plausible plan than the secret evil jar jar. That george wanted to use jar jar as the center piece of fun and innoccents and light in Anakins life that was silenced by war and couldn't do enough with how weak he was.
>>
File: image.jpg (336KB, 1011x664px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336KB, 1011x664px
They're sort of like the old Flash Gordon comics, but deeply uneven in tone.
>>
>>79461827
Because it generally doesn't work as a narrative. Nothing about it works. It's non-sensical dribble. It's like a 5 year old with a crayon got to making a movie.
Honestly 4chan's fixation on being contrarian of every mainstream idea/opinion is just getting to an absolutely petty point. If you actually liked the prequels you're a nerd.
>>
>>79464974
>Vader's backstory
if the could make the film he wanted there wouldn't be any jedis and siths, it would just be the story of trade federation and their struggle against a corrupt federation
>>
>>79461827
The prequels are good in concept, but suffer from poor execution. I think that the story of the rise of the Empire could have been much better than the OT if done well, but everyone is so bland and uninteresting that I don't give a fuck what happens to them. There's also the overload of dated CGI and god awful acting from everyone (except for sheev and obi-wan) regardless of talent, probably from bad directing. The plot is confusing as hell and full of poorly written contrived moments.

The Force Awakens is exactly the opposite I've noticed. The special effects and acting are good, the characters are okay, but the Plot is shit. It's a rip off of ANH and I don't care what anyone else says. That's mainly because I'm salty the New Republic got shafted in a 30 second scene and the New Jedi got killed offscreen, so it's back to Rebels vs Empire.
>>
>>79467279
>dated CGI
>dated
could you be more of a memer
>>
>>79461854
nice reference
>>
>>79461965
you might be surprised at how much of that outdated CG was miniature work.
>>
>>79461827
I liked Jar Jar as a kid. like what kid wouldn't but I guess no adults liked him
>>
>>79467279
>god awful acting from everyone (except for sheev and obi-wan) regardless of talent,
Dooku did a nice job too.
>>
>>79468397
Which role did he have?
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.