[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally got around to watching this last night. I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Spring_Breakers_poster[1].jpg (41KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Spring_Breakers_poster[1].jpg
41KB, 270x400px
Finally got around to watching this last night.

I didn't get it. I mean, I think I did but also feel like most of it went over my head.

Am I too plebian to enjoy this kino? Was I meme'd?
>>
>>79461756
you are a pleb
>>
>>79461756
you were memed
>>
you're low cinema iq, but thats ok because most of this board is now too
>>
It was entirely shallow but it looked great. Fantastic movie and it really sticks with you because of its imagery, not because of any feelings the plot made you feel or philosophical thoughts raised.
>>
>>79461756
It's a shallow, boring, garbage film that gets memed because faggots who browse this board are so desperate and lonely that if their waifu does a film wearing a bikini for 80% of the movie it magically becomes 10/10 kino for them
>>
>>79461756
Spring Breakers (2012) would like to be a Quentin Tarantino-style pulp trash romance but mostly ends up being a documentary on how pathetic and obnoxious the spoiled Northamerican kids can be (who keep repeating "It's like paradise here" while wasting time in a horrible artificial place and wasting money on booze and drugs, not wasting their brain because they don't seem to have any). The second half tries to get more serious about the addiction to violence, sex and drugs by two teenage girls but the personalities of the girls are superficially sculpted and the plot often sounds implausible without adequate preparation. In the end, this second half sounds a lot like a parody of the television series "Charlie's Angels". Visually, however, this is high-quality "pulp". And the enigmatic ending, while highly implausible, has some resilient power.
>>
>>79462049
>>79462794

>shallow
>being to much of a pleb to realize that its a satire of american "bro party culture"
>>
>>79462951
that much is obvious you retard, harmony korine directed it
>>
>>79462951
satire -- in it's non-classical meaning -- is inherently plebeian
>>
Absolute kinographie, a sublime, modern missive against the degeneracy of popular culture.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.