[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'an Alliance once existed between Elves and Men' ...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: Haldir_in_Two_Towers.png (535KB, 1137x798px) Image search: [Google]
Haldir_in_Two_Towers.png
535KB, 1137x798px
'an Alliance once existed between Elves and Men' ... an alliance between NOLDOR elves and men. Sindar and Silvan elves are xenophobic as fuck and these extra scenes with them fighting in Helm's Deep made no sense.
The Sindar disliked men and dwarves all the way back to Doriath, while Noldor were friendly with both since day one.
>>
Are LOTR plebs this generations MLP fans? Is this why /lit/ has them ban/cyber bully on sight?
>>
>>79459650
No.
>>
>>79459650
>this generations MLP fans?
W-what?
What generation are MLP fans in your mind?
>>
>>79459773
He's just brainfarting
>>
>>79459773
The generation before baneposting
>>
They fought for Rohan due to the increasing trade relations between the kingdom and the Sindar elves. They knew that Saruman, and his tax system, taking Helm's Deep would be a disaster for the Sindar currency. That's why they sent an Elven master and his apprentice to Isengard to discuss the issues of tarrifs and taxations, but the negotiations were short.
>>
>>79459628
>and these extra scenes with them fighting in Helm's Deep made no sense.

that's because it wasn't in the books, it was the tree people who destroyed the orks in the battlefield in the books, the movie is just a fuckfest.
>>
>>79459868
I know you're meming, but the elves of Lorien (who are all Silvan except for Galadriel and Celeborn) didn't need to trade anything; Galadriel and her Nenya ring kept them rich. It was the Mirkwood elves who traded with men of Lake town for wine; they weren't really all that friendly beyond that and wouldn't sacrifice themselves for them in a deadly battle.
>>
>>79459628
'a hairline once existed between left temple and right temple'
bold move putting this in the EE
>>
>>79459628
>>79459868
>>79459935

jesus christ how big of an autistic permavirgin do you have to be to know/care about this shit?
>>
>>79459628
They could write it off as a business expense and probably claim back for double the amount of arrows they actually used. Sneaky elves.
>>
File: 1486622412126.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1486622412126.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>79459995
>virgin
>tfw got molested

I'm a chad now, right?
>>
>>79459628
What was the point of killing off Haldir
>>
>>79459995
see >>79459650
>>
>>79460052
To make it feel as if sacrifice was involved in the battle. Though, Haldir's spirit just gets fast tracked to Valinor, so perhaps not that much of a sacrifice.
>>
>>79459628
Was Thranduil that much of an asshole that he didn't send even a company of Elves to fight in the war of the Last Alliance? Even the dwarves sent some people.
>>
They were added to give credit to the battles the elves fought without having to give them their own scenes
>>
>>79459628
I'm glad that this scene is created for the movies. could have been so much better if it was in the books also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51BE_zrpyoU

it gives me shivers every time.
>>
>>79461050
I like the music.
>>
>>79461422

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIopwA8m-Y
>>
>>79459965
How long do you think elves need to get bald?

Like, does it happen in the first thirty-forty years of their lives, like with humans, or is the process longer due to the elves being immortal?

Why aren't their hairlines immortal too?
>>
But what was the elven tax policy?
>>
>>79461658
Well, Cirdan was the only elf with a beard, so I imagine other signs of androgenic aging are similarly rare.
>>
>>79461658

Elrond was over 6000 years old, but clearly looked more aged than younger Elves. I'm not sure about their aging process, considering they live forever.
>>
>>79459628
They did it so they could file it as a charitable donation come tax season.
>>
>>79459628
yes very good, but what was this alliance's tax policy?
>>
>>79459628
It was a good scene OP.
take it as I take it:
The elves, even unconsistent on minutae lore, fits the scene.
Haldir explain the purpose very well.
None of the elves survives, so it happens and ends there.
It adds a little hope to a dark scene that gets you hyped on the battle.
It's nothing but gain.
>>
What does elf pussy feel like?
How about human?
>>
>>79459628
Sindar and Silvans fought in the War of the Last Alliance
Although they got BTFO in the Dead Marshes because they didnt listen to Gil Galad because they were assmad they didnt get a leading part themselves
>>
>>79460714
The Alliance entered the vast plain near the Black Gate, where they were joined by Anárion's forces from the south, and confronted at last the black legions of Mordor.

The Silvan Elves had little sympathy for the Sindar and Noldor that were led by Gil-galad. As a result they were indisposed to place themselves under the supreme command of the High King of the Noldor.

During preliminary skirmishing, the Silvan Elves defying Gil-galad's command, rashly charged against the numerous host of Mordor, before the King had given the order. The Silvans were valiant and doughty, but ill-equipped compared to their nobler kin. Oropher perished in the first onslaught while Amdír and his troops were cut off and driven into the marshes where half of his host perished.[2] This area became known afterwards as the Dead Marshes, because of the thousands of bodies buried there. This battle raged for months.
>>
File: 1474572230070.gif (3MB, 395x540px) Image search: [Google]
1474572230070.gif
3MB, 395x540px
>>79463124
>This battle raged for months

tfw ywn fight in the trenches with your Numenorian kinsmen and Noldorin allies.
Why even live???
>>
>>79463397
Dagor Dagorath soon brother
>>
>>79463760
which mad man will bring Melkor back from the void?
>>
>>79459773
He was born 6 years before mlp, so he sees mlp as the first generation, then he stumbled upon two lotr threads too close to eachother and decided that was the next generation
>>
so, how many tears did the noldor shed again?
>>
>>79459628
He should cut down on the lembas bread
>>
File: 1471863412159.jpg (103KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471863412159.jpg
103KB, 700x700px
>>79464736
Kek is Melkor
>>
>Gil-galad was an Elven-king.
>Of him the harpers sadly sing;
>the last whose realm was fair and free
>between the Mountains and the Sea.

>His sword was long, his lance was keen.
>His shining helm afar was seen;
>the countless stars of heaven's field
>were mirrored in his silver shield.

>But long ago he rode away,
>and where he dwelleth none can say;
>for into darkness fell his star
>in Mordor where the shadows are.
>>
>>79461658
What if Haldir purposely shaved his hairline back at those points in order to display solidarity with men or to help him related to them in some way?
>>
>>79459868
This tax meme has to be not only the least creative, but also the most boring meme of all time. I'm glad it's almost dead already.
>>
>>79459628
It was cool. It made sense for not all elves to be pussies. They wanted to do their part.
>>
>>79461731
There was also that one elf in the sil who was aging because his psychological state was decaying.
>>
>>79459995
you've been rused my friend
>>
>>79463124
The Sindar weren't fond of the Noldor either, because of their history. A lot of Sindar moved further south of Lindon (where Gil-Galad ruled) because they couldn't standing living near Noldor, and the realm was somewhat split because of that.
>>
i'd be a hobbit that doesn't associate with other weird xenophobic hobbits and just sort of kill unfavorable things in oatbarton or the brockenborings

they wouldn't like be because I wasn't "normal" but I'd have some good ranger and sindar friends
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.