[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the greatest dialogue scene in movie history? I bet /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: GOAT.png (2MB, 1913x800px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.png
2MB, 1913x800px
Is this the greatest dialogue scene in movie history? I bet /tv/ can't name one better.
>>
>>79456613
Wait until you realise it's ripped straight out of Barry Lyndon.
>>
>>79456613

The first scene of the same movie
>>
>>79456627
Can you give an example.
>>
>>79456634
this
>>
>>79456634
This
>>
File: 1444204775730.png (107KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1444204775730.png
107KB, 615x409px
go back to more films
>>
it's nothing special at all, lol at tarantino teenagers
>>
>>79456613
That's the famous "bomb under the table" Hitchcock dialogue principle
>>
>>79456634
Not sure which I liked more this scene or the first scene. Christoph Waltz made that entire scene by himself through amazing acting. Only reason why I think this scene is a bit better is because there's more characters and every character is hiding their true intentions. Plus that dialogue and tension....
>>
>>79456667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sNTTjgqag
>>
>>79456613
>tarantula the best
lmao

There are too many examples of better dialogues to even mention.
You can take almoalst any Sidney Lumet film and you will have that level of dialogue and tension throughout the whole film (Fail-Safe comes to mind first)

It's not that this scene is "bad", but it's a bit ridiculous and ignorant to call it the best ever
>>
>>79456785
>this scene created deception

That scene was nowhere near as good or long or smart or even relied on narration to explain everything. In Inglorious Basterds, first time watching, you didn't even know what happened until they explain it later. The german lieutenant continues to play it off for a bit so the audience thinks they are safe then they start shooting. In Barry Lyndon,

>who you delivering this letter to?
>general williamson
>percival williamson?
>yah
>arrest him, that dude was dead for 10 months
>gg

lame, try again
>>
>>79456938
>watch Serpico
>6/10
>no memorable dialogue
>>
>>79457003
>lame
Lol

You fail to appreciate the subtlety of the scene. I realise you don't understand it full since you haven't seen it. But it's pretty clear tarrantuatino decided to use this scene in him film.
>>
>>79457132
Watch Fail-Safe, Network, 12 Angry Men, The Hill and The Pawnbroker and report back
>>
>>79457192
tarantula did it better honestly.
you know movies aren't automatically better just because they were made before you were born right?
>>
>>79457218
Pretty sure the candle light instantly wins.
>>
>>
>>79457218
This

>>79457230
You still don't get it? Barry Lyndon's scene was more simplistic. The deceived quickly caught on and toyed with deceiver for a bit and it was over. In IB, this went on for longer back and forth. The deceived was outplayed from every direction and eventually gave up until the deceiver made a mistake giving himself away and only then did he act on it.... suddenly without anyone realizing why. The acting was brilliant and some of the shots were long as hell and in a completely different language. There's also some minor things like the German lieutenant catching onto the accent of two of the basterds calling them Captain Munich and Frankfurt but Fassbender's character he was stumped. Tarantino's dialogue is brilliant and only gets better with subsequent viewings.
>>
>>79456613
Not a chance kiddo
>>
File: gotyounowfucker.jpg (766KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
gotyounowfucker.jpg
766KB, 1920x800px
>>79456613
10/10 scene.
>>
>tarantino
>good dialog
>>
>>79461062
>Reservoir Dogs
>bad dialogue
And come on, this scene alone was fucking good to say the least. I can understand why many of neo /tv/ loaths Tarantino, but you can't deny he nailed this scene.
>>
literally Operation Kino
>>
>>79461062
i know it wins you internet cool points to shit on tortellini but seriously
>>
>>79457316

This is widely considered the most boring film ever.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.