[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With time, will it be recognised as the masterpiece that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

With time, will it be recognised as the masterpiece that it clearly is?
>>
All of this Baguette's movies REEK of virginal rage. Like I'm watching a movie directed by Elliot Rodger.
>>
>>79450526
but hes married lol
>>
>go on Von Trier's wiki page to find out what he's been up to lately
>read this

>His mother considered herself a Communist, while his father was a Social Democrat. Both were committed nudists, and Trier went on several childhood holidays to nudist camps. His parents regarded the disciplining of children as reactionary. Trier has noted that he was brought up in an atheist family, and that although Ulf Trier was Jewish, he was not religious. His parents did not allow much room in their household for "feelings, religion, or enjoyment," and also refused to make any rules for their children, with complex effects upon Trier's personality and development.[87][88]

>In 1989, von Trier's mother told him on her deathbed that the man whom von Trier had thought was his biological father had not been, and that he was the result of a liaison she had had with her former employer, Fritz Michael Hartmann (1909–2000),[89] who was descended from a long line of German-speaking Roman Catholic classical musicians. Hartmann's grandfather was Emil Hartmann, his great grandfather J. P. E. Hartmann, his uncles included Niels Gade and Johan Ernst Hartmann, and Niels Viggo Bentzon was his cousin. She stated that she did this to give her son "artistic genes".[90]

>"Until that point I thought I had a Jewish background. But I'm really more of a Nazi. I believe that my biological father's German family went back two further generations. Before she died, my mother told me to be happy that I was the son of this other man. She said my foster father had had no goals and no strength. But he was a loving man. And I was very sad about this revelation. And you then feel manipulated when you really do turn out to be creative. If I'd known that my mother had this plan, I would have become something else. I would have shown her. The slut!"[85]

What the fuck? No wonder he's such a bitter asshole.
>>
>>79450526
>baguette

he's danish you retard
>>
>>79450509
of all the cynical Eurotrash directors that are currently contemporary legends (Haneke, LVT, Seidl, Noe, Tarr), Lars is my absolute favorite. His movies are so hilarious and odd. They touch me in such a perverse way.
>>
>>79450749
>Until that point I thought I had a Jewish background. But I'm really more of a Nazi.
What a cunt.
>>
>>79450526
He's married, Danish and has mommy issues. Stop projecting you own virginity onto Lars.
>>
>>79450749

women.

not even once.
>>
>>79450509
Nah but it will develop if it hasn't already, a cult following.
>>
>>79452507
I honestly don't understand why Haneke is so often referred to as a nihilist director. *All* of his movies are, without exception, overtly moralizing, almost to the point of being preachy.
>>
Uh, it's won a bunch of European awards and is already considered a masterpiece. Amerifats just don't appreciate real kino.
>>
>>79452574
because he would rather Europe succumb to hordes of unwashed refugees rather than fixing the problem.
>>
No cause all the fans of the film eventually kill themselves.
>>
>>79452630
That's not nihilistic, though, that's PROGRESSIVE
>>
>>79452507
Trier has humor. His movies can be genuinely funny when he wants them to.
>>
>>79450509
Where were you guys when Nicolas Winding Refn BTFO Von Trier at Cannes?

Starts at the 37:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/SOT0jMB_GL8?t=2234
>>
>>79452771
LVT and Refn have a love/hate relationship. and LVT is banned from Cannes so it's not fair to trash him when he can't even come back to defend himself.
>>
>>79450749
Fucking insane cunt
>>
>>79452717
I agree. The narration in Dogville is so proper compared to the horrific things happening onscreen. I can't help but laugh.
>>
Sorry, but I couldn't take this movie seriously after the thrusting dick and balls during opening credits.
Does this make me a pleb? It just seemed so random and unnecessary.
>>
>>79450749
>After von Trier had had four awkward meetings with his biological father, Hartmann refused further contact.[84]
Kek. Those "artistic genes" at work. Fucking perfect.
>>
>>79452867
Every movie should begin with full penetration set to opera. Every one.
>>
>>79450509
No because it's shit. Europa is KINO though.
>>
>>79450509
It already is though
>>
>>79452867
>Can't appreciate closeup dick thrusting into pussy while babies die in his eurokino
Absolute pleb.
>>
>>79452867
>Does this make me a pleb?
Absolutely
>>
>>79452955
>>79453095
>>79453106

Fucking euros. How is it relevant to the movie in any way? Was that actually Willems dick?
>>
>>79453154
the woman wanted dick so bad she was willing to let her baby die for it.
>>
>>79453154
No he used a double. And it's important to see penetration so you know what kind of movie it is. Otherwise the genital mutilation stuff would come completely out of nowhere.
>>
>>79453164
Okay, but why show it? Why alienate part of your audience? I tried to watch this with a date thinking it would be a run of the mill spoop movie. So fucking awkward.
>>
>>79453154
Well the obvious thing to note is the beautiful opera song playing during the scene in contrast to the crude image of straight up fucking, it sets the tone of the movie. Lot of the movie is also about man and woman, him and her and sex and tension between the two. I think it's also about the emotional distance between them, the sex is not shown as very romantic, just dick penetrating vagina, almost brutal imagery.
And addition here are the lyrics of the song playing during that scene translated (from wikipedia)
Let me weep over
my cruel fate,
and that I may sigh for
freedom

Let my sadness shatter
these chains
of my suffering,
if only out of pity.

Relates to the movie don't you think? And how sex is escape to her during the movie?
>>
>>79453154
What's so bad about a thrusting dick
Literally every human ever born came about as a result of a thrusting dick, life as we know it hinges (amongst other things) upon billions of thrusting dicks, dicks are being thrust right now as we type
Do you get this upset about other 100% natural things? Would you cry and shit your pants if the opening to a movie featured precipitation or a diagram outlining the orbits of the planets relative to the sun?
>>
>>79453233
>Literally every human ever born came about as a result of a thrusting dick
That is actually a very good point in relevance to the movie as well, it's the act of making new life shown parallel to death of a very young person and result of the same thing.
>>
>>79453213
>I tried to watch this with a date thinking it would be a run of the mill spoop movie.
That's your own fault for being fucking dumb.
>>
>>79453154
The woman was so overcome with lust she didn't care her toddler was crawling to its death, even though she saw it. She just wanted to fuck. because women are horrible.

This was advertised as your average spooky movie in the states by some retard executive producers, but that's not what it is at all. It's an exploration into Trier's depressed mind were woman is satan.
>>
>>79453304
>It's an exploration into Trier's depressed mind were woman is satan.
Eh, I'm not entirely convinced with the woman = antichrist theory
And the man was just as awful of a human being in the movie
>>
>>79453327
It's not THE woman. It's ALL women.

Women are born to make children. They are tied to this curse to have to love a thing for no reason, when they just want to fuck. They don't want babies, they just want fuck.
>>
>>79453231
The song is also often used at wedding ceremonies. The danish crown prince and princess married to it. So on top of that, it's also a perversion of a song normally associated with the blessings of god.
>>
File: yp button.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yp button.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>79453353
>It's ALL women.
Well I don't really see it like that either
It's way too on the nose if the movie is just about the lust of dick and half of the shit happening really makes no sense in that context
I think it's something to note at least that Trier had gone through heavy therapy when he started to write the film and was fairly disillusioned with modern science as way to cure depression and the man in the movie is using methods of therapy with the woman to 'cure' him while simultaneously being unprofessional as fuck and obsessing over the diagnose, not the well being of her wife. And at the same time being emotionally distant and seemingly not even caring their son just died.
>>
>>79453265

Listen here guy, I'm not offended by dicks. I can handle it. I'm only bringing it up because I had an unpleasant experience watching this with someone who couldn't. It takes way more than a dick and balls to offend me. It was just so soon

>>79453286
Yes it is

>>79453231
I can see/respect that. I'm not an artsy person so stuff like that is difficult for me to pick up on. I guess it's for the best someone turn off the movie after the dick instead of the mutilation. It's a cautionary dick
>>
>>79450749
This is what being 'progressive' does to your children. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: dancer-in-the-dark-356946l.jpg (356KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
dancer-in-the-dark-356946l.jpg
356KB, 1600x1065px
>>79453327
It's not the woman's own fault she is inherently lustful and emotional. Dafoe was 'infected' by her sickness.

On another note, Trier did make a movie where the woman is portrayed as pure and good, which leads to her being abused and executed by hanging.
>>
>>79453361
That is interesting, did not know that.
Thanks anon
Might also play on the 'Anti Christ' theme in that sense, sex is one kind of bond between man and woman as is marriage.
>>
>>79453430
Breaking the Waves has a similar situation.

LVT has said he loves female characters IIRC
>>
>>79453412
>I can see/respect that. I'm not an artsy person so stuff like that is difficult for me to pick up on.
That doesn't matter, you at least asked the right questions in the thread, there are different view points and the more you discuss with people the more you understand.
>>
>>79453432
Yes. It's being used to show another side of love between man and woman - the sexual and 'sinful'.
>>
>>79453213
>It wasn't a date movie.
>It wasn't a conventional "spoop movie"
I'm not sure why you have such difficulties identifying/accepting yourself as an enormous pleb.

Earlier you asked how the penetration is relevant to the movie. Similarly, I would like to know how your bad date and your retarded expectations are relevant as a critique.
>>
>>79453304
Nothing can be more awful than deliberately putting your child's shoes on wrong to deform them, and then watch them as they slowly crawl to their death without doing anything.
>>
>>79453467
I feel like showing sex just as something 'sinful' isn't really the case here, for the scene possibly the crude, animal like sex that is just penetration maybe and for the contrast of the song played during weddings for sure, but labeling just sex as sinful just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe the neglect of their child and each other emotionally could be the 'sin' here.
>>
File: 1459052516570.png (139KB, 352x291px) Image search: [Google]
1459052516570.png
139KB, 352x291px
>>79453536
Not to mention mutilating you BF's dick till he starts cumming blood.
>>
>>79453549
Well yes. I guess I interpret 'sin' as pleasure., Man and woman are so caught up in their pleasure and love for each other in the moment they let their offspring die.
>>
>>79450749
>all of his movies are abut how women suck and that religion is bad
what a primitive mind
>>
>>79453612
That sounds lot better yeah.
Another interpretation that I've been thinking about is that the movie is lot about guilt. Like the lyrics at the beginning

>Let my sadness shatter
>these chains
>of my suffering,
>if only out of pity.

The woman feels guilt over being fucked up, maybe being depressed for a long time, and letting their son die and can't get over it. The man blames the woman but feels guilt over the feeling and completely denies it, The scene with the deer could be interpreted as his feelings manifesting. He manipulates the woman, who he knows is already depressed and mentally ill, to do those things to him so he can justify murdering her to himself, freeing him from all his guilt. He looks calm and enlightened almost when he leaves eden, the fox encounter could be his hatred for the woman manifesting and the crow is himself wanting to be found because he still wasn't determined enough to actually kill her.
>>
>>79453555
That was interesting scene for the symbolism
I mean it's about man, woman and sex after all and one of the sexes have blood coming out of their genitals once a month.
I'm not that deep in to occult and witchcraft but it did feel like the movie touched those subjects as well and there could be some interesting symbolism going on from that perspective with woman making man bleed from his dick.
>>
>>79452507
The dialogue is always really jilted and awkward, and he doesn't always maintain continuity in scenes or the film itself to further heighten the weirdness - the shot of the 19th hole in Melancholia after Claire's husband has mentioned, quite awkwardly, that there are 18 holes in the golf course multiple times comes to mind.

>>79452862
>John Hurt talking about how useless Tom is without being mean about it
The title cards were pretty good sometimes too.
>>
>>79452527
Wow great faux outrage at a comment you've taking out of context and haven't understood. He's making a literal reference to his biological heritage you waiting to be offended ideological leftist retarded cunt.
>>
Just saw this movie
>that ending scene
what the fuck did that mean

also
>more than half of the thread is americans crying about a dick being shown in the movie
why am i not suprised?
>>
>>79453213
Why americans so offended by genitals? Don't you have any?
>>
>>79456985
Because we're a country full of repressed queers
>>
>>79455815
It can be interpreted in many ways depending on what you got out of the movie. Woman comes to believe all females are inherently 'witches' and evil - she influences the man with these ideas, the women coming towards Dafoe in the end could be the souls of prosecuted women which has come to take him. But it is also a peaceful and softly lit scene, the women's souls have been freed from the garden/prison of Eden by the death of main woman.

As a whole I took it the movie was about how men and women react to abortion. the female blames herself and feels regret/that she must be evil, the man is removed form the situation, but then comes to resent the female too. ,
>>
>>79450509
Can't say I really understood it fully, but I found it fucking mesmerizing and aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>79455815
Trier refuses to explain anything. It's up to your own interpretation. I thought it looked like the women were going to attack Dafoe.
>>
>>79458215
>I thought it looked like the women were going to attack Dafoe.

I thought it was meant to allude to a gathering of witches, like a coven.
>>
>>79458306
Yeah. Long time since I've seen it, but I think the woman talks about witches and shit at some point.
>>
>>79453154
It's a moderen story of adam and eve you dumbfuck.
>>
>>79452867
Yes
>>
>>79452574
he's a nihilist director in that he has nihilist characters in his films. People are stupid.
>>
>>79452771
>Fuck the establishment

What did he mean by this?
>>
I adore Lars. I wonder how his kids are doing
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.