[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about giving Ingmar Bergman a shot. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Thinking about giving Ingmar Bergman a shot. What's his best kino?
>>
i liked hour of the wolf the best, but i've only seen a handful of his films.
>>
Start with Wild Strawberries
>>
>>79449146
Wild Strawberries
Summer With Monika
Scenes From A Marriage
Smiles of A Summer Night
The Virgin Spring
The Silence
Persona
>>
>>79449171
>>79449190
>>79449474
Thanks guys. I'll do Wild Strawberries first and see where I want to go from there.
>>
>>79449146
I haven't seen all of his classics, but my favorites have been Persona and The Magician.
>>
>>79449146
Magic Flute and Fanny and Alexander
>>
>>79449474
Not a fan of his color stuff?
>>
>>79449608
Scenes from a Marriage is color
>>
>>79449608
Fanny And Alexander is great too and in color. Autumn Sonata as well, but I didn't wanna bombard the OP with too many recs.
>>
>>79449474
Add The Seventh Seal, Cries and Whispers, and Fanny and Alexander, and you're good.
>>
The Magician or Virgin Spring is a great place to start
>>
>>79449722
>The Magician
Only Bergman I ever actively disliked
>>
>>79449756
Seriously? It's one of my favorites. Though, I guess for the most part I'm not really a huge Bergman fan.
>>
>>79449779
I SHOULD like it, it's got Max Von Sydow and a fairly interesting plot but I was just bored. I didn't think the movie had the rich characterizations I'd come to expect with a bergman movie, the characters seemed flatter than usual. It struck me as a run of the mill studio picture with Bergman stock actors. It has been a while though, maybe i'll give it another look.
>>
>>79449824
Might benefit someone getting into his work if that were so
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.