[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How plausible is it to be able to tunnel all the way out like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

File: ShawshankRedempt_184Pyxurz.jpg (152KB, 1600x1049px) Image search: [Google]
ShawshankRedempt_184Pyxurz.jpg
152KB, 1600x1049px
How plausible is it to be able to tunnel all the way out like he did? Without being detected, without being moved cells, without getting a roommate, without having a guard come past on a random patrol once, not once, in 20 years and say "Hey, what are you doing behind that poster there?"
>>
>tfw Morgan Freeman gets parolled after acting like a dick, which is completely unrealistic
>tfw you realise the prison knew that Morgan Freeman and Andy were close friends, and probably deduced if anyone was going to get in contact with Andy outside of prison, it would be him
>tfw Morgan Freeman was only paroled so he'd lead investigators to Andy, and 5 minutes after the film ends Andy is probably arrested and extradited.
>>
>>79420379
it's a metaphor, moron
>>
>>79420379
>without being moved cells
Biggest plot hole right there.
>>
>>79420379
He was the wardens pet.
>>
>>79420481

He got preferential treatment for all the shady shit he did for the warden
>>
How the FUCK did he manage to put the poste rback on the wall from inside the hole?
>>
>>79420548
>Undue the bottom
>lift and crawl under
>let poster fall behind you
>>
>>79420548

he just lifted it up and climbed in, he didn't need to take it off
>>
>>79420439
>all the wardens crimes were revealed
>implying police will go search for andy YEARS after the affair
>>
>>79420379
>Without being detected
You can hear the guards coming.
>without being moved cells
Why would they move him? He probably asked to stay in the same cell and got it since he was doing everybody's taxes
>without getting a roommate
Why would they get him a roommate?
>without having a guard come past on a random patrol once, not once, in 20 years and say "Hey, what are you doing behind that poster there?"
Again, you can hear the guards coming and stop when they come by

the important question to ask is how he never made any noise while chipping at the wall
>>
>>79420379
Wasn't this based on a true story?
>>
>>79420548

this triggers me. sure it would flop back but no way would it be taught enough to be able to throw something through it without fastening the bottom corners in place.

ruined the movie for me.
>>
>>79420708
>weakling
>>
>>79420627
>Convicted murderer escapee who sent documented proof that he was a key player in a major corruption racket that lasted decades
They would be chasing him until the day he died
>>
What did the Warden even do that was so bad anyway? Seems like he wasn't actually that bad of a guy.
>>
>>79420439

They probably gave up looking for Andy the day after the warden killed himself
>>
>>79420439
>US didn't have an extradition treaty with Mexico until 1978
>>
>>79420746
The feds didn't need Andy. He gave them everything. If they did look for him, it was a half-assed search, at best.
>>
>>79420768
When America sends its people, they're not sending their best
>>
>>79420798
We know you just found your new favorite video, but you don't need to post it in every thread
>>
>>79420754
Embezzlement, also the regular brutalization of the prisoners wasn't technically legal and at least a couple of them died.
>>
>>79420754
main charge was murder and fucking with IRS close behind. he did well to off himself.
>>
>>79420798
arrrrrgh it's been removed - whatever it is
>>
>>79420379
He dug his tunnel at night when everybody was asleep.

The REAL question should be how is it that a black and white inmate actually got along? This is the same glaring plot hole that was apparent in Escape from Alcatraz.

(Actually in the original short story Rita Heyworth and The Shawshank Redemption Morgan Freeman's character "Red" was actually a white Irishman)
>>
>>79420379
all i thought during that scene is how the fuck did he crawl backwards through an "the enigma of amigara fault" tight hole each time during the last few times he had to dig through the wall before he broke through to the shit pipe? seriously get on the ground and try to crawl backwards without bending your knees
>>
>>79420439
This is going straight to /r/fantheories.
>>
>>79420548
better question, how did he pull the bag tied around his leg without ripping the poster?
>>
>>79420379
It has happened IRL, so its possible.
>>
>>79422019
this

Op has obviously never heard of el chapo
>>
>>79420379
>guard come past on a random patrol
You've never been to prison, have you? Guard don't do 'random' patrols. In the prison I was in at night they'd walk by once every hour. But it didn't matter cause you'd have a sheet or blanket over the door at night. If you were doing something loud, you'd wait for the guard to pass and then you'd have another hour to continue what you were doing.
>>
>>79421621
>that a black and white inmate actually got along?

Just because there's racism doesn't mean that two people of different races can't get along, especially for a big MUTUAL interest.
>>
>>79420379

He was given a lot of small privileges because he did everyone's (i.e. the guards) taxes and the other shit he did for the warden's
>>
File: News_000722_Other_002.jpg (68KB, 468x599px) Image search: [Google]
News_000722_Other_002.jpg
68KB, 468x599px
when you have nothing but time in a room you'd be surprised what you're capable of
>>
>no one has mentioned he didn't have a corner cell, he literally would have dug a hole into his neighbours room
>>
>>79422219
Its different in prison, trust me the black guys dont befriend white people they rape them.
>>
>>79422320
I would probably masturbate myself to death of dehydration
>>
>>79422420
The story plays in the 50-60's it was a different time, most of the American were actually cultured enough to behave and Red was in his lik 50s when Andy come in
>>
File: 1467314114024.jpg (132KB, 1000x842px) Image search: [Google]
1467314114024.jpg
132KB, 1000x842px
>rita heyworth: the key to escape
>>
File: sexy jail.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sexy jail.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>>79422420
How do I get into one of these "prisons"?
>>
>>79420754
Shut the fuck up you "x did nothing wrong" memeing cunt.
>>
>>79420577
>>79420578
You wouldn't be able to throw a rock through it like the warden did then. The poster would give into the hole with the rock when the rock hit it rather than the rock going through the poster.
>>
>>79422609
You underestimate the wardens throwing arm.
>>
Read the short story?
>Without being detected
It was explained that the walls were very old and dry, also it took him 20 years to dig that.
>Without a roomate
In the short story he had a roomate, who complained of there always being a draft in their room. He got moved or something happened to him, I don't remember. Digging was stopped during his stay
>Random patrol
Patrol my friend means walking the same path over and over, you mean a random check. That may have happened but it's easy to avoid, guards aren't ghosts or scooby doo villains that jump out of the shadows to catch you playing with your dick.
>>
>>79422609
Depends how strong the poster is.
>>
>>79422723
>it took him 20 years to dig that
That makes it more implausible. How did the guards not once find something suspicious in two decades?
>>
>Shawnshank redemption
>the main character doesn't need to redeem himself because he never killed anybody
>the warden commits suicide before he can redeem himself
>we never see the warden's right hand man redeeming himself either
BRAVO
>>
File: IMG_0645.jpg (52KB, 318x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.jpg
52KB, 318x463px
Pic related
>>
>>79420522
this, how is everybody missing this?
>>
>>79420679
>the important question to ask is how he never made any noise while chipping at the wall

also the fact that once the hole was deep enough, he would need to climb into it and crawl through it, and then crawl back out with the rocks to dispose of later.
>>
>>79423995
>suspicious
About what exactly he keep them happy why would they bother him
>>
>>79424079
>Shawnshank redemption
>the main character doesn't need red emption because he ejaculated blood when he got raped
BRAVO
>>
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=real+life+prison+escape+digging

it happens
>>
File: 4903cf1ae1898.jpg (30KB, 683x400px) Image search: [Google]
4903cf1ae1898.jpg
30KB, 683x400px
Why did everyone age except this guy?
>>
>>79425641
what was his fucking problem ? fucking hothead
>>
>>79420379

it happened

though IRL the wall they tunneled through was weakened by water damage
>>
>>79420440
for what
>>
>>79426347

for you
>>
The warden specifically let him stay in that cell because he wanted Andy to keep the money racket going.

Same reason he sent lurch after the gay rapist and put him in a wheelchair.
>>
>>79425641

Isn't that Mr. Krabs?
>>
>>79426398
that would have been plausible if instead the main character spent 20 years bringing a teaspoon of shit in his cell so at some point he ends up neck-deep in shit accumulated over all those tiny acts and there's no way out
>>
>why do they call you Red?
>maybe it's because I'm Irish

>nigger
>Irish

I'm sorry, what? Ireland doesn't have niggers.
>>
>>79422116
Why the hell were you in prison
>>
I would have given up at the pipe part.
Imagine crawling through the thing for hours, almost drowning in shit without being able to stretch and then reaching the end and finding out that it's closed off. Then you have to go backwards for hours to reach the point you started at and go even further to eventually reach the end of the other side. Problem is that shitpipes aren't made for humans, so the exit is not big enough for a person and to be honest you have no idea what's even on the other side. So after about 12 hours of crawling through shit, barely being able to move you just decide to go back to your cell and sit there covered in shit.

That part about the movie always bothered me. Did he know where the pipe would end?
>>
>>79420679
everytime he chipped at the rock he whistled. REALLY HARD
>>
>>79420379
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banco_Central_burglary_at_Fortaleza
>>
>>79420379
>how plausible
It isn't. It's impossible.
>>
>>79426477
Ye
>>
>>79426513

Irish are niggers you mick fuck.
>>
>>79420754
He had that greaser kid killed, other than that it was just white collar crimes and being a dick.
>>
>>79426661
>Did he know where the pipe would end?

Did he look like Super Mario to you?
>>
>>79426513
in the book red is a irish white guy
>>
Guards don't just hang out in prisoner areas, the guards stay in the picket, so you can hear them coming in via the huge iron gates.
>>
>>79426661

He was running the liberary, and the warden was probably stupid enough to allow him to store the plans and relevant maps in it? Because be honest, the arden was actually letting him sit alone in his office to do all the paperwork for the tax fraud. He probably had access to a whole bunch of files.
>>
>>79423995
Like the other guy said, he even had an Indian guy as a roommate for a time that even commented about how drafty the cell was. Really hard to believe someone wouldn't touch that poster once in a while.
>>
>>79426576
He's probably genteman of darker skin.
>>
>>79425329
He put the rocks in his pocket and dropped them in yard.
>>
Prison Break > Shawshank Redemption

Fight me
>>
>>79429522
Prison Break s1 & s2 are TV kino. Shame the rest of it is 2/10 garbage.
>>
>>79429522

I don't fight kids.
>>
>>79429559
Season 5 will be ultimate kino
>>
Steven King is such a shitty writer.
>>
>>79429559
Season 4 is a bit of a mess in the same way 24 is a bit of a mess because there's too many twists and turns if you write it all out, but the Sona season is very underrated. It could definitely have done with a full season but that can't really be helped.
>>
File: 1479906436455.jpg (656KB, 1435x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479906436455.jpg
656KB, 1435x1080px
>>79420379

The guy who played the warden was always playing roles where he did /nothing wrong/.
>>
>>79429804

It doesn't matter if he was right, his conduct was unbecoming of a starfleet officer, he could try to tell himself it was for the benefit of Starfleet but ultimately it was a personal vendetta that he undertook and dragged an entire crew along with him.
>>
>>79420679
>the important question to ask is how he never made any noise while chipping at the wall
didnt they mention something about the wall being damp and soft? I mean he used a spoon, if I recall. It was probably a shitty enough wall that he didn't need to make enough noise. Remember, on the other side of the wall was a hollow space, so its not like the next cell was gonna notice.

>>79425329
he probably did it late at night when everyone was asleep. After a while, he knows the night guard's routines, and so he can dig around them.

Not like he dug out in a single night either, he took his damn time.
>>
>>79429926
His actions were necessary, Starfleet (Picard) ignored his concerns despite knowing he was right just to maintain the peace.
>>
>>79420379
well one of the plot points was the fact that he had the luxury of people not spying on him all the time due to all the favors he had

and people tunnel out of prisons all the fucking time, theres like a 1 guard to 20 prisoner ratio
>>
>>79425641
Beating prisoners was his "fountain of youth"
>>
>>79425273
because nobody watched this movie and is just shitposting
>>
>>79420754
>had a guy casually murdered so his money embezzlement scheme doesnt get out
>>
>>79420379
what did he do with all the dirt?
>>
>>79430344

He emptied it outside by dropping it through his pants, watch the movie.
>>
>>79420379
Honestly I think the plan is solid but there is no way anybody could do anything in secret for 20 years and not slip up eventually
>>
>>79420548
Its stuck down on three corners. The top two and one on the bottom where he reaches his hand out the untaped side and applies pressure.
>>
>>79420548
He put the poster on the other side of the room, put a mirror over the hole, then painted over the poster.
>>
>>79430417

I don't know. Maybe after a few years, you'll just be "that guy" they refer to when new meat comes.

>That over there is the prison yard, and that guy right there is Andy
>He likes to put dirt in his pants and pretend he's pooping it out. Don't fuck with him. Literally and figuratively
>Any who, let me show you the showers
>>
>>79422362
This. Also it doesn't even make sense architecturally: you would never make a wall, or any interior structure, thick enough that a "tunnel" would be necessary.
>>
>>79426513
>what is a joke
>>
>>79430050
he didn't ignore them, he just had orders to stop him because the Federation couldn't sustain an open war at the moment
>>
>>79424184
Every fucking time
>>
>>79420439

>He hasn't seen the extended scene of his parole speech.

https://youtu.be/mORHZNZT0xE?t=131
>>
>>79420754
Did you miss the part where he orders the murder of one prisoner and brutalizes another to keep his white collar crimes under wraps?
>>
>>79426477
also the drill sergeant in starship troopers
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.