[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4 sjvnBS6o >Razorfist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: razorfist.jpg (102KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
razorfist.jpg
102KB, 512x512px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4sjvnBS6o

>Razorfist says that nobody hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia made the Plinkett videos

Do you agree with this sentiment?
>>
>>79398345
>>>/t/hesaurus.com
>>
>a moron says demonstratably false things and you wonder if hers right

KYS genY
youre hopeless
>>
>>79398345
Razor is kino but on this he's wrong.

It's ok. It happens to the best of us.

What he means (I think) is that RLM popularised the shit prequels meme. And in and of themselves the films aren't "awful." Just bad Star Wars.

I think he's wrong. I genuinely disliked the hodge-podge story of Phantom Menace long before the backlash.

The main reason is the entire movie is just random unconnected scenes. Like Lucas wrote and filmed each scene without knowing what came next, or how to connect each "setpiece" to one another logically.
>>
No.
Only someone who's too young or too brain-damaged to accurately remember the fucking 2000s would believe that.
All RedLetterMedia did was make some funny videos that catalogued/summed up what just about every __adult__ who saw them was already saying/thinking.

Of course kids liked them.. kids like all kinds of garbage. And of course kids grew up still wearing those nostalgia-tinted glasses. And of course teenagers/"young adults" are so fucking narcissistic and myopic that they don't even consider or care about the opinions of the generations above them who watched the movies and hated them. So maybe when he says "nobody", he actually means, "none of my friends in 3rd grade".
>>
>>79398662
>The main reason is the entire movie is just random unconnected scenes. Like Lucas wrote and filmed each scene without knowing what came next, or how to connect each "setpiece" to one another logically.
It's stylistically designed to be that way.
>>
>>79398694
I was born in 83, grew up on star wars and the EU. Was the biggest star wars fanboy ever, and the phantom menace was weird in that I was terribly dissapointed by it, but was willing to reserve judgement onit until the other movies came out. Then we got attack of the clones that was just frustratingly bad.
I think they talk about initial reactions in the people vs. George Lucas, which is a pretty even handed look at the cult of star wars and worth checking out. But they talked with some guy that the denial a lot of fan boys went through with the phantom menace and the prequels.
I genuinely found the plinkett reviews to serve as a type of closure for me. Let my inner fanboy know that its okay to dislike these movies and to call it out on its flaws.
And it had been a creeping suspicion since the special editions replaced the originals.
>>
>>79398345
>getting so buttblasted by someone blocking you on twitter that you make a 27 minute long youtube video
the voice of this autismo dicklet is fucking disgusting
>>
No, I was actually surprised to see how many people did like the prequels when I saw all the rage that those RLM videos caused. Everyone I knew back then either hated them or just didn't care about them.
>>
His only vids worth a damn are metal mythos and personal stuff. His politics vids are solid, too, and some of his streams are quite fun, but the rest is just ranges from mediocre to total garbage.
>>
As someone who saw the prequels coming out in cinema I just knew there was something off about them. First movie was probably the best out of the lot but was a little boring at times, Attack of the Clones made me question the state of the cinema industry and I didn't even bother going to see Revenge of the Sith. I just think Plinkett put into words accurately what we were all thinking back then. We knew how unStar Wars it was just couldn't point out what exactly it was that made them so horrible. We were just in a state of denial I suppose.
>>
>taking the opinion of someone who liked Mankind Divided seriously
>>
>>79399014
Only insecure faggots actually block people of Twitter
>>
>>79399014
This. I love a good chunk of his videos but he's a hyperautist.
>>79399768
I agree, but its even more of an insecure faggot move to get so angry at someone blocking you
>>
File: a56.png (179KB, 960x737px) Image search: [Google]
a56.png
179KB, 960x737px
>Razorfist
>>
>>79398345
This guy is so far in the closet he's deepthroating Aslan.
>>
>>79398345
why does he dress like that
>>
Remember that bit in "spaced" where Tim burns all his Star Wars stuff? He does it because how shit the prequels are. It was a good joke and many people could relate, because everyone hated the fucking prequels
>>
>>79399570
Tbf the gameplay itself was as good as HR with some additions, but as someone who loved HR I was disappointed
>>
I don't mind metal, but Razorfist is the exemplar of how obnoxious a good plurality of the fanbase is, not withstanding his taste mostly revolve around 80s metal
>>
>>79398345
You decided to bring this worthless thread out of retirement eh, OP?
>>
>>79400403
That's why he likes Inquisition and plenty of other black metal bands that are from 90's and beyond, right? Also, every fanbase has it's faggots, metal is no exception, though metalheads are some of the most solid dudes I've met so far.
>>
>Razorfist being a contrarian smug dunning kruger fuck.

I can't believe I ever donated to the Hatebitpodcast.
>>
>>79398345
>>79398345
his name is "razorfist". you should immediately disregard his opinion for that alone.
>>
>>79398345
Not true, I was fairly young when the prequels were coming out so I didn't think much ill of Phantom Menace, but when I saw Attack of the Clones, the cgi started to become grating to me, I was not into Anakin, and overall I didn't have much fun with the film. When Revenge of the Sith came out it felt like a concession in which the action was better, but at that point it was too little to late and I ended up being into those movies.

Then when seeing the Plinkett videos years later it just helped articulate why the movies were so bad.
>>
>>79400703
*ended up not being into those movies at all.
>>
>>79400473
Metal in all its various forms is FUCKING AWFUL. But I've watched every one of his metal mythos vids and enjoyed them immensely.

I won't ever get into the genres but I can appreciate his obvious love for the subject matter. Same with his comics retrospectives.

Now, somebody like AlphaOmegaSin I can take or leave some days. But again at least his heart is in the right place and he seems like he'd be a cool dude to just shoot the shit with at the local bar.
>>
>>79400209
He's homosexual.
>>
>>79400967
>Metal in all its various forms is FUCKING AWFUL
If you'd actually ventured beneath it's surface, you'd know that you're quite wrong and ignorant for that matter. What don't you like about it, besides it's fanbase?

>AlphaOmegaSin
His heart is in the right place, but he's immensely boring and doesn't pull me the way Razor does from time to time.
>>
It made a lot of money. Which I guess by today standards means it's a good film.
>>
>>79398345
Until I see a non-retarded person defend the prequels with non-retarded arguments, i'll have to disagree.
>>
File: 1477605767475.jpg (234KB, 650x888px) Image search: [Google]
1477605767475.jpg
234KB, 650x888px
>>79398696

I can film a movie on a broken digital camera from 2004 and have all the dialogue be spoken in a mix of Swahili, Sanskrit, and Latin and call it "stylistic design" but it doesn't make it good

>>79398345

What kind of a faggot likes metal and dresses like that
>>
>>79401292
That's why I said I appreciated his metal mythos videos.

I'd be the first to admit I have no earthly clue about the scene so I wouldn't want to fuck up by listening to the dross while imagining it's the best the genres had to offer.

Like saying I'm hard into Pop music but only listening to Taylor Swift and Whatnot.

I don't really mind desu. There's so much other music happening that I'm fine as I am.

As I said I can appreciate Razor's obvious love for metal, I guess I just missed out having never gotten into it before.
>>
File: mullyandscullylaughing.jpg (31KB, 702x536px) Image search: [Google]
mullyandscullylaughing.jpg
31KB, 702x536px
>>79401560
>FUCKING AWFUL
>listenst to Taylor Swift
Pick your poison, though don't say something is "fucking awful" if you haven't even dug through it and seen the most of what it has to offer. I'm okay with people disliking something, but saying how something's garbage just because it doesn't suit them is quite silly and immature.
>>
He's a fag but he's not wrong here
>>
>>79402889
He is, and has been proven wrong time and time again.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.