[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was his last comedy special so unfunny? What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: bill burr.jpg (40KB, 480x540px) Image search: [Google]
bill burr.jpg
40KB, 480x540px
Why was his last comedy special so unfunny? What went wrong? Was he cucked by Nia the nigger?
>>
he's been with nia for a long time and was still funny most of the time. he obviously just made the special to make money.

nothing against black chicks but nia is sooo ugly
>>
I think you have the answer m9
>>
He's funny on Rogan's podcast. His situational stuff and rants are funny when they're not written. He's a bad writer.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>comedian telling jokes
much redpill
big wow
>>
Does he get political at all?

It seems every comedian lately is throwing their comedy under the bus in favor of instilling their important political wisdom onto the masses
>>
For me his podcast is the most funny thing he does and the comedy special both had a bad crowd and he retread some of his stuff from the podcast.
>>
>>79378368
He wastes the first 10 minutes or so in "Both candidates were like shit am i right fellows!"

Really dissapointed with the whole thing overall desu.
>>
>>79378368
nope just samantha bee, john oliver, trevor noah, seth meyers, colbert, and snl have all recently decided to closely watch everything the president does and present it to the masses in an unbiased funny way.
>>
File: 1483336325181.jpg (69KB, 498x456px) Image search: [Google]
1483336325181.jpg
69KB, 498x456px
>>79378136
>there are people here who found this guy funny at some point
>>
>>79378413
This. I used to love his standup before listening to the podcast. Now that I listen to that on a regular basis, his specials just aren't as funny by comparison
>>
ZIP
>>
>>79378368
>Does he get political at all?

Within the first five minutes. Which is fine, except that it's just not as funny as his other material.
>>
>>79378507
Watch the end of the world podcast with joe rogan where he dismantles a feminist, it's the funniest shit he's done in years.
>>
>>79378518

Tb.h a lot of his spontaneous rants feel like stand up bits. A good example is the whole Madonna bit recently.
>>
>>79378550

..........................Recruitah!
>>
>>79378136
Submarine bit with the sound effects was the only good part, I don't think it has anything to do with him being less funny though - next one will be good

>>79378507
Hi leddit
>>
File: true aryan.png (764KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
true aryan.png
764KB, 1920x1080px
>>79378136
>tfw this fat piece has more balls the Bill Burr ever will

Oldfags BTFO
>>
Definitely his worst special yet. I would have liked it a lot more if he hadn't reused a bunch of jokes from his appearances on Conan.
>>
It was defintirely meh and dragged on. The segment about the gorilla felt like it took up nearly half of his act.
>>
70% the jokes weren't funny
25% his energy was fake
5% the crowd sucked (although there wasn't any reason for them to laugh so they can't be blamed)
>>
I feel like comedy shows that were made for netflix for some reason have much lower quality. Like they are cashing in.
>>
>>79378964
Other way around. This filmed in October, before Conan
>>
>>79378136

a comedians comedy is inversely proportional to his happiness and well being

the more mentally at ease they are they less funny they become

dont worry she'll fuck him over in some manner soon
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.