[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i'm going to ruin my own life due to ego and an absurd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: edge_of_seventeen.jpg (103KB, 500x755px) Image search: [Google]
edge_of_seventeen.jpg
103KB, 500x755px
>i'm going to ruin my own life due to ego and an absurd sense of entitlement

why can't girls into logic?
>>
h-hehe o-only a girl would be so stupid to do it
not me tho, not me
>>
>>79370809

curb your autism anon
>>
do you think movie characters shouldn't have flaws?
>>
>>79370721
A lot of teens are dumb. It's okay. Young people make mistakes; most of us do it.

What ABSOLUTELY grinds my gears is the fact that super hot teen girls complain about the "troubles of being young!" Give me a fucking break. Being young is the best time for a hot girl like that poster.
>>
>>79370844

nah, i just feel like celebrating the fact that i was born with a dick
>>
>>79370882
You're right, but would people watch a movie about a genuinely ugly person? Would it be profitable?

Also, do you know any movies about people dealing with ugliness? It's a subject of interest for me, as I'm very ugly and it fucks my life since I'm a teenager - I'm an incel 25yo now. Thanks.
>>
>>79371013
I think there are actual "attractive" actresses who are not super hot. Make up also does a lot, so I've yet to see a teen film where they don't give the main girl that much make up to make her look more average.

Anyways, I'm actually pretty ugly, but I've found that working out, good fashion sense, and some humor have carried me a long way to come off more attractive than I actually am. If you find your look not great, trust me, it's not the end. Hot girls get less picky as they age, and I've personally experienced that quite a bit.
>>
>>79370721

Was that not the point? Isn't that the title even?

Exiting the life of an overinflated ego, and having an absurd sense of entitlement.

i.e. crossing the threshold of the edge of seventeen years old?
>>
>>79370721
movie was a 7/10 at best
>>
>>79371272

yes, your ego is completely dependent on your physical age
>>
>>79371320
I think he's more speaking about how most 17 yr old teens are pretty entitled and immature etc.
>>
>>79370882
It's not their fault, they just have zero frame of reference to what real suffering looks like. The most violence they've ever experienced was probably being taught about D-Day in high school, and even then they probably weren't paying attention. Their lives are so full of positives - good home, stable income, loving parents who give them whatever they want, boys who dote on them, sex whenever they feel like it - that they literally don't know pain. So they try to create some. They have this "it's hard being a teenage girl because x" mentality because they've been told all their life that the meaning of their existence is to defy society's expectations of them (a leftover of when women actually didn't have all the rights that men have) and yet they've never seen those expectations. They've never really been challenged. They have no incentive to do anything right because they've been taught that a man could just swoop in and do it for them, probably better than they would. They don't think about bigger world issues beyond "muh world hunger" because those concepts and their solutions challenge them. They don't think about anything beyond their little bubble of existence. Again, it's not their fault, it's a combination of outdated traditions and plain naivete. Girls play the game of life on easy mode, but they don't even know there's a difficulty meter.
>>
>>79371508

shut up gramps
>>
>>79371508
I wouldn't say all girls are like that at all. Most girls are living normal lives like us. The super hot girls and the pretty rare number of guys who are considered super hot live like that.

My point is that studio casting people should do a better job to not choose a super hot girl and make them struggle with friendship, popularity and crap. It's either A) not realistic or B) realistic but not interesting. That's why Mean Girls actually got it right. It has to be satirical, because their problems are NOT real.

Back on topics though. A girl who looks like that in the movie would never struggle with the things that movie makes her struggle with. Then you have a stupid line like "can I stop being young yet!?"

People who are attractive do not think like that unless they've actually been through shit like deceased parents.
>>
asian guy is a literal 10/10, i hate him
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.