[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last film of PTA's filmography that is left for me to watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: magnolia-poster.jpg (128KB, 1148x1500px) Image search: [Google]
magnolia-poster.jpg
128KB, 1148x1500px
Last film of PTA's filmography that is left for me to watch

What to expect?
>>
>>79369870
Melodrama.
>>
>>79369870
An excellent film. It was the film that set off the whole "web of intertwined narratives surrounding seemingly unrelated groups of characters that somehow are shown to be related toward the end" trend. This trend continued on with films like Mammoth, Amores Perros, Babel, Crash, etc... They were all more or less copying Magnolia. Based PTA.
>>
>>79370017
how is Babel?

got it downloaded but never got round to watching?

also Crash
>>
His magnum opus.
>>
>>79370200
Babel is decent. I really liked Brad Pitt's acting in this.
>>
>>79370200
Babel is pretty good. Nothing spectacular. Way fucking better than Crash, which is SJW bait with a gay, flippant aesthetic.
>>
File: u are an idiot.jpg (119KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
u are an idiot.jpg
119KB, 1500x1500px
>>79370017
Pulp Fiction did that first and its not even the first interlink movie, watch more movies, faggot.
>>
File: 034-short-cuts-theredlist.jpg (448KB, 1173x1600px) Image search: [Google]
034-short-cuts-theredlist.jpg
448KB, 1173x1600px
>>79370017
Pleb.
>>
>>79370358
Never said it was the first. I said it set off the trend in the late '90s, you faggot. Learn to read.

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were different. They had groups of seemingly random characters that become intertwined as the narrative goes on. But they were also non-linear narratives, going forward and back in time. The later trend with Magnolia, etc, did not do this. They were chronological.

Try again, faggot.
>>
It's good but it's also very very fucking long.

In short get comfy.
>>
TWBB
Boogie Nights
The Master
Punch-Drunk Love
Hard Eight
Magnolia
Inherent Vice

I feel like although it's a good movie, I watched it too late and it's been polluted by every other goddamn ensemble movie and whatever it did do before the rest now seems cliche
>>
File: 6JNdVy9.png (329KB, 344x358px) Image search: [Google]
6JNdVy9.png
329KB, 344x358px
>>79370439
Reservoir Dogs is not hyperlink, PF is.
The trend was set off by Pulp Fiction not by Magnolia you fucking retard, it doesnt matter it goes back in time.
>>
It's way too melodramatic. A lot of women screech at people. The self help seminar was kind of funny
>>
Its his best one, IMO.
Would rate like this

Magnolia
The Master
There Will Be Blood
Boogie Nights
Inherent Vice
Punch-Drunk Love
Hard Eight
>>
File: Tabitha Angry fist.jpg (37KB, 431x326px) Image search: [Google]
Tabitha Angry fist.jpg
37KB, 431x326px
>>79370528
Then why was there like a 5 year period between Pulp Fiction and Magnolia. But as soon as Magnolia comes out, a slew of copycats follow. It wasn't just the narrative structure, but it was the style. Pulp Fiction was hyper-stylized, exploitation, violent, etc... Magnolia and the like were concentrating on linear narratives and drama.

Just KYS. Your argument has failed.
>>
>>79369870
RESPECT THE COCK

AND

TAME
THE CUNT
>>
All I remember from this film was some kid pissing himself
>>
>>79370662
>Then why was there like a 5 year period between Pulp Fiction and Magnolia
You mean a 5 year period filled with tarantino-esque knockoff movies?
>>
surprise cameo from emma stone
>>
>>79370873
In Magnolia?
>>
Literally a Short Cuts Reboot.

That said, it's my favorite PTA. It IS melodramatic. It IS cheesy. But that is sort of the point at times.

>these things do happen
>>
>>79370961
I love the whole thing about fate and the universe not caring about you, i hate movie critics but i actually wrote an Essay on this one.
>>
This fucking film.

Whenever I start it, I have to finish it. PTA is the master at doing this kind of thing. Same with Inherent Vice. Something about the background music just pulls scenes along next to next. It's absolutely amazing.
>>
How is Inherent Vice?
>>
>>79371301
Polarizing. It's hard to really say without spoiling, but it tries to make you feel a certain way, but some people come out bored and confused.
>>
>>79370707
I unironically think Tom cruise should have one a best supporting actor award.
>>
File: 1484927249381.jpg (10KB, 251x248px) Image search: [Google]
1484927249381.jpg
10KB, 251x248px
>>79371957
agreedo
>>
>>79370017
>Who is Robert Altman
>>
>>79369870
Cruise and john c riellys stories are the only ones i like
>>
>>79370017
Eh, it's an excellent film certainly, but as other's are pointing out it is very much his Short Cuts, and that's ok.
>>
I remember seeing it years and years ago and not thinking too much of it.

It's the only PTA film I haven't rewatched in more recent times with a better understanding of film.
>>
tom cruise playing tom cruise
julianne moore killing it
>>
I remember PTA saying in an interview after he made Magnolia that "this is undoubtedly the best film I will ever make". I think he was right. Takes some balls to say that publicly.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.