[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering the massive popularity of capeshit these days, how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: heman-0.33[1].jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
heman-0.33[1].jpg
63KB, 640x480px
Considering the massive popularity of capeshit these days, how come the greatest superhero of all, pic related, hasn't gotten a reboot yet?
>>
>>79362690
cos the movie adaptation flopped.
although i liked it well enough, the cartoon is better.

reboot the cartoon or a movie, op?
>>
File: heman2002logo_4986[1].jpg (61KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
heman2002logo_4986[1].jpg
61KB, 350x350px
>>79363961
Well, the show already had a reboot that was great, pic related.

I was talking about a live-action adaptation in the style of contemporary capeshit, except not shit.
>>
>>79364041
good idea, im behind this!
>>
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/remakes/36637/116-movie-remakes-and-reboots-currently-in-the-works/page/0/1
>>
>>79362690
would be be kino or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vdqc2veHDg
>>
>>79362690
It's tough to make this a serious movie, and not have it fall into pure camp or a Schumacher-esque pride parade. If they made it using some of the 200x or new comics canon, you'd have more serious stories that make sense.
Also, believe it or not, He-Man is an incredibly difficult character for an actor to play. You're mostly naked the whole time, and you have to be HUGE and JACKED for the whole shooting schedule. A good actor would have a tough time, and a bodybuilder would have to learn to act. Not to mention, if you wanted to include Prince Adam, you'd either need another actor, or shoot all Adam's scenes before the He-Man actor got huge, or after he lost a shitton of muscle.
Other than that hurdle, I'd hope they'd look at movies like Thor, or even Jupiter Ass-ending for their visual cues.
>>
>>79364041
2002 MOTU was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>79365091
unfortunetely not so good, dialogues were cringey as fuck and there were no kino like in original
>>
File: lsp.jpg (22KB, 477x352px) Image search: [Google]
lsp.jpg
22KB, 477x352px
>>79365505
>dialogues were cringey as fuck and there were no kino
>>
File: Captain_Caveman.jpg (50KB, 480x657px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Caveman.jpg
50KB, 480x657px
>>79362690
you seem to have posted the wrong pic
>>
>>79362690
I'd love to see a He Man movie but I feel it would work better as a comedic parody.
>>
File: 1462737888170.jpg (26KB, 320x328px) Image search: [Google]
1462737888170.jpg
26KB, 320x328px
>heman
how problematic :^)
>>
>>79365676
This, even the name "He-Man" sounds dated as fuck and not because of gender politics its just cheesey. Also just look at him, he looks like a pumped up steroid abuser with a page boy haircut, furry under pants and his alter ego wears lavender.
>>
>>79362690
I hope they do and He-Man is played by a black and/or female actor just so I can laugh at /pol/'s impotent rage
>>
Thor is probably the closest we'll get. Hopefuly the third one is actually good but I'm not holding my breath for that
>>
>>79366123
Chris Hemsworth would be perfect as he-man
>>
>>79365868
CO-NANNN
>>
File: Alycia Debnam-Carey 5.png (654KB, 499x674px) Image search: [Google]
Alycia Debnam-Carey 5.png
654KB, 499x674px
The could reboot He-Man without actually referring to him as "He-Man".

>faggy beta Prince Adam of Eternia gets the sword of power which turns him into a warrior alpha

Could work. Also, pic related as Teela. She was born for the role.
>>
What are his powers? He just wears less clothing as He-Man.
>>
Flash Gordon needs a remake tbf
>>
>>79366841
>What are his powers?
Superhuman strength and apparent invulnerability
>>
>>79366841
gains the power of chad through his thunder sword.
>>
>>79365778
>>79365868
>>79366698
The Classics figures got around this by making the name something like "'Man' of the house of He." This is why they could have "He-Ro" later on. It's an explanation that makes it slightly less retarded. Especially if they could change the pronunciation to something like "Hey-Mahn." (with the "e" pronounced like an "a" and "Man" pronounced like "Han Solo.")
I like the idea that he's the reincarnation of King Greyskull that came from the 200x cartoon. That could also make it a little less dumb. Hell, they could call him GREYSKULL and avoid using the name "He-Man" as much as possible. There's a lot of pronoun games that they could play to avoid saying "He-Man" more than a couple times in the movie.
>>
>>79365676
There is a show that is basically this called Son of Zorn.

>>79364113
This video ensured no He-Man movie would ever get made.

Honestly if they ever do it they would need to do LEGO He-Man which a sweet Lego Skeletor could be cool.
>>
>>79362690

because The Rock is busy making other terrible movies, give him time

>>79366847

I'd be more than okay with this.
>>
>>79365071
>Not to mention, if you wanted to include Prince Adam, you'd either need another actor, or shoot all Adam's scenes before the He-Man actor got huge, or after he lost a shitton of muscle.
They can just paste the actor's head on a skinny body.
>>
>>79362690
The original show was far from perfect, but the theme was kino as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nleygezvFGU
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.