[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Arrival is considered "a thinking man's sci-fi"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: arrival-masses.png (828KB, 1804x836px) Image search: [Google]
arrival-masses.png
828KB, 1804x836px
>Arrival is considered "a thinking man's sci-fi"
>There are YouTube videos explaining the ending

Why? Are people this dumb nowadays?
>>
>>79341990
take a look at the threads around you and you'll get your answer
>>
well, seeing as the screenwriter gave her a choice, but also forces determinism with non-linear time, then it gets fucked.
>>
For a mainstream, big budget sci-fi movie it asks a good amount from the (stupid) masses.
>>
>>79341990

Yes they are. I've met few, who are furious about nonsense of Arrival, because they simply cant comprehend it.
>>
I thought it was a neat self contained story. Not super deep, but made more sense than interstellar.

Course it has this sort of horrifying takeaway that there's no choice in outcome and everything is predetermined, but I still got the plot and was entertained.
>>
>>79341990
>thinking man's
>man's

Um, look again sweetie
>>
I don't think you understand how stupid the average person is
>>
I find it amusing that there are people who think they are smart for "understanding it", when the plot is actually nonsensical.
>>
>>79341990
more like people want to be youtube famous so they post anything popular
>>
>>79341990
just saw it today, it was pretty good. Cracked the whole thing about halfway through. easily 8-9/10
>>
>>79342030
Yeah, this is sort of the issue with it. But it still makes sense, it's just that the main character achieved nothing since she had no real power in the end.
>>
>>79342165
When people say man, they mean people in general. You'll learn more after you've lived in this country more, sugar tits
>>
>>79341990
>intersteller explains the ending
>people still dont get it
>>
>>79341990
I noticed it was a lot more intelligent and artistically significant than i ever expected and it was made with such a relatively small budget (at least for a big movie). Probably a classic in the sci fi genre already. This Villeneuve guy was one director i never thought would achieve this level of success but he's steamrolling so far.

Also while Interstellar wasn't that complicated i felt that it opend doors for this kinda of movie to be made.
>>
>>79342323
Magic room inside a black hole was nonsense and you know it
>>
>>79342442
it's bullshit, but easily understood bullshit

but people still don't get it
>>
>>79341990
>a thinking man's sci-fi

>literally pointless first act.
>third act climax solved fucking bill and ted style by timeline fuckery.

Arrival is awful.
>>
Why didn't she just have TWO kids?
>>
>>79342497
>having two kids in your 40s

you're just asking for autism
>>
if the reaction on /tv/ is anything to go by, yes
>>
>>79341990
normies consider Interstellar to be the high watermark of Sci Fi so obviously they would never be able to figure out Arrival since everything isnt spoonfed through exposition.
>>
>>79342639
>>
>>79342639
Why didn't she just devote her formative years to learning how to solve the cancer that kills her child and just inform medical scientists how to save her child?

You know. Like how she solves the climax in the movie.
>>
>>79342744
>Try for a 5th?

Fucking hell
>>
Arrival is as good as it gets, sci-fi is a shallow, pleb-tier genre
>but m-muh Solaris, m-muh 2001!!!
Please safe yourself from the embarrassment
>>
>>79342947
*save
>>
>>79342947
>2017
>still classifying movies into genres

SHIGGY
>>
>>79342947
>not understanding 2001
>tv & film board

being a contrarian doesn't work in real life
>>
>>79341990
>There are YouTube videos explaining the ending
People make videos talking about Arrival to reap the ad revenue of people who want to watch videos discussing a movie they just saw.
>>
>>79342497
she couldn't upset the timeline if she wanted to save the hippopods obviously
>>
>>79342177
Looks like it was 2deep4u lol :)
>>
File: 1483784918118.jpg (69KB, 800x437px)
1483784918118.jpg
69KB, 800x437px
>>79342744
>>
>>79343133
I know youre being sarcastic but there people that unironically think this because they can understand the plot of the martian and arrival
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.