[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my opinion, this is a very good movie. I hadn't watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: TPM.jpg (495KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TPM.jpg
495KB, 1000x1500px
In my opinion, this is a very good movie.
I hadn't watched it in a while, and Jar Jar, while present in many scenes, isn't nearly as annoying as I remembered/had remembered for me by the hivemind.

Don't really get the memes. Even if you don't like this movie, it's not like A New Hope is on another plane of quality.

ANH, TPM, and TFA are all the same movie really.
I like TPM the most because Lucas showed worlds and locations he couldn't with ANH's fairly low budget/effects of the era.

For instance, Mos Espa is probably how he originally envisioned Mos Eisley.

I'm rambling.
>>
>>79337482

I agree. I like watching it still, and I honestly enjoy it. Warts and all.
>>
>because Lucas showed worlds and locations he couldn't with ANH's fairly low budget/effects of the era
It's so dense, every scene has so much going on.
>>
File: natalie-portman.png (251KB, 343x726px) Image search: [Google]
natalie-portman.png
251KB, 343x726px
>>79337482
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
It's super comfy in terms of world building, but It fails on most basic story points. A New Hope was saved from being a rambling mess in the editing room, but TPM wasn't so lucky.
>>
>>79338534
>but It fails on most basic story points.
Nope.
I'm in this for the long haul, hit me with your arguments.
>>
well you're dumb
>>
>>79338569
In terms of pacing it's impossible to justify pretty much everything that happens on tattooine, and the climax follows way too many threads at once. If it were possible to cut anakin's accidental assault on the mothership out that would be the one to drop imo.
>>
IT's true, remember that ANH was actually garbage before it was saved through editing, back when Lucas didn't surround himself with yes men.
>>
>>79338711
>In terms of pacing it's impossible to justify pretty much everything that happens on tattooine
Tell me what you mean by this.

>and the climax follows way too many threads at once.
Seems a personal taste complaint than an objective issue.
I thought a four pronged climax was rather ambitious, and I thought he pulled it off pretty well. (intercut at the right times to blueball the viewer and such).
>>
Don't forget that it wasn't actually made for us, I watched it the other day with my girlfriends son and he seemed to enjoy it :)
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (52KB, 720x464px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
52KB, 720x464px
>>79338769
>remember that ANH was actually garbage before it was saved through editing
The "pre-recut" version of ANH is almost identical, just slower paced.
And Lucas himself asked for the re-cut, because he thought the original was too stock.

People don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to Lucas.
>>
>>79337614
And yet the low-budget worlds still looked much better than the CGI shit of the prequels
>>
File: MOS EISLEY.jpg (46KB, 700x301px) Image search: [Google]
MOS EISLEY.jpg
46KB, 700x301px
>>79338814
Andddd hread hidden.

>>79338711
>>79338770
Sorry guy, i'm out. I'm getting too triggered. Not by you though. You seem kind of reasonable.
>>
>>79337482
also keep in mind that it was a kids movie. that's why lucas kept the pacing down so kids would be comfy watching it, but the force awakens was also a kids movie and the pacing was fast AND ask any kid which film they think was better and 90% would choose TFA over TPM. only bullies and future chads would pick TPM because of darth maul.
>>
>>79339248
Kids get hyped up over music and TPM's battle music shits on TFA's.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.