[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do successful business people ever go into filmmaking? Tom Ford

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: set-lighting-jumbotron.gif (2MB, 2721x1531px) Image search: [Google]
set-lighting-jumbotron.gif
2MB, 2721x1531px
Do successful business people ever go into filmmaking?

Tom Ford comes to mind but that's all I can think of
>>
>>79331175
As far as I know the ones that do are more in the background, producing and stuff like that.
>>
Tom Ford's a fashion designer, not exactly a businessman
>>
>>79331558
Why do you think that is?

I'm currently in a different career, but if in the future I work out some personal problems and achieve som financial independance I would like to explore my interest in film. But I'm starting to think that door will close if you do well in another field.
>>
Malick
>>
>>79331681
Malick is a philosopher
>>
>>79331656
For some people well off enough, they can invest in films while still focusing on one main career, it's pretty uncommon though. I'd like to get into filmmaking myself.
>>
>>79331175
Tom ford is a "creative" type who has immeasurable talent in one medium and has tried to apply himself in others.
Nocturnal Animals was absolute trash outside of the costuming and a few of its visuals. The writing was abysmal, he really isnt cut out for it.
I have no idea how that film revieved the acclaim it did, reviews mustve really wanted some sunglasses
Only buisnessman i can think of is howard hughs, although im sure there are others.
>>
>>79331175
Hollywood Producers have business backgrounds
>>
>>79331758
>>79332519
I want to direct
>>
>>79332968
do you have an artistic vision or just want to direct paul bart movies?
>>
>>79331175
There's Tommy Wiseau if by "successful business person" you mean "D.B. Cooper"
>>
Howard Hughes
>>
>>79332416
but he makes good perfumes/colognes too
>>
>>79332416
i liked it
>>
>>79332416

Na man nocturnal animals was alright. A very vocal minority hating the movie doesn't make it trash
>>
>>79333512
underrated.
>>
>>79332968
Same. How do directors go in wanting to make creative god films but get their wills bent and destroyed by higher ups? Why can't directors and the excutives find a middle ground more often? It would lead to better movies coming out more.
>>
>>79334416
>>79334354
theres no convention I hate more is the "book within movie" especially when the book story is really cliche and characters react to it like it's next great american novel.
The whole story was just very forgettable and and it suffered from mediocre preformances by everybody save the texan. There was no real stakes to the story whatsoever especially when the most dramatic elements are all fictional.
Also suffered from really cringey moments of dialogue "is she dead?" and clumsy conventions like the jump scares. for me the film was just a gilded mess, trying to cover inept filmaking with a thin verneer of visuals and costuming. There were a few clever moments like the blindingly reflective gate and the bird on the glass, but nowhere near enough to redeem it. Glad you liked it anon, I still think its utter shit. vocal minority me all you like.
>>
>>79331175
bump
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.