[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Criticize this show without mentioning the name of the website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: rick-and-morty.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
Criticize this show without mentioning the name of the website that begins with R.
>>
>>79326962
*burp*
>>
it's ok
>>
>>79326962
The animation is not pleasing,
>>
>>79326962
How is it reddit if it was made by a guy who browses 4chan?
>>
Tumblr.
>>
>>79326962
"i fucken luv le science xD"
>>
it really makes me think
>>
>>79326962
tbqh i'm not going to pretend like I didn't love the first season, but the animation could be better and the second season was shit, and now that it's required for female writers to ruin everything i don't have high hopes for the third. Also I wish they would stop trying to force these melodramatic episodes in everything these days
>>
File: 1465404028426.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465404028426.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
Episodes are generally hit or miss. It's not inherently funny, just wacky, which is alright I guess.

Just not a lot of substance or depth to its science-fiction or jokes. Most of the concepts have done before, as well as the jokes too, since they stem almost exclusively from exploiting the concepts.

The big downer is the lackluster characters. They have highs and lows, but none of them are as particularly endearing as Harmon's previous work.
>>
>>79326986
its pretty fucking ugly, it has that nasty plain color palate that all toons use nowadays
>>
>>79326962
Literally 9gag the show
>>
>>79326962
leddit
>>
>>79326962
Creator is a kike and uses the show to promote literal cuckoldry
>>
>>79326962
NEOGaf
>>
Too little Jerry.
>>
>>79326962
Interdimensional Cable 2 was shit.
>>
>>79327105
This. I've watched the entire two seasons twice. Some of the episodes are enjoyable. Some of them are OK. Some are just plain fucking awful. Interdimensional Cabal 2 is exactly the problem with Harmons shows. He thinks he UNDERSTANDS what made the show good when it's nothing to do with that. He thinks people liked LE WACKY RANDOM IMPROV when nobody does. A properly thought out and well written and acted joke is superior to "A-am I doing a funny thing? You still recording? I'm a voice actor with no script, you just gonna use this?" which comes across as a fucking blooper real from the sound booth with animation over it.

The show is a bit like Futurama, you can have it on in the background and it doesn't matter if you pay full attention or not.

/tv/'s hatred of it is fucking insane. It's not bad enough for this hate and it's not good enough to be contrarion about it. At best you're trying to piss off the autistic fanbase. I will watch Season 3 but there is literally only mysteries keeping me interested. I'm not counting down the days and I will wait till the entire thing is on Netflix before I watch it. But /tv/ needs to shut the fuck up about this show and how it's 'reddit'. it's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>79326995

Because he browses the SJW safespace boards on 4chan
>>
>>79326962
Dan Harmon
>>
>>79326962
Each episode show just paling up random absurd humor shit and conclude it simplest way possible without any climax.
The "serious parts" where cringy af
t.only watched first season
>>
>>79327469
4chan doesnt have those
>>
It insists upon itself.
>>
>>79327726
LOL ANON I WATCH LE FAMILY GUY TO XDD
kys retard
>>
There is too much terrible improv.

I dig them actually stammering like real people which you never see but they really stick more to scripts.

>Rick: you *burp* don't want to fire that.. that gerpadurn Morty if... if you fire that gerpadurn we'll.... we'll be... It'll be bad Morty. Now pick up that serpinurf!'
>>
>>79326962
How do you know I watch this show on Redtube?
>>
>>79326962
LITERALLY plebbit
>>
>>79327454
Actually, Harmon has gone on record to say that he hated making IC2. It was only done because the fans went batshit over the first one and the execs told him to make another one.
>>
>>79327797
What the fuck's up with you?
>>
>>79326962
It suffers from the protagonist being so smart you cant write any coherent plot without making him stupid.
>>
>>79327708

It does when it has autistic butthurt janitors deleting anything they don't like
>>
>>79326962
Not nearly enough episodes.

The green shit on Ricks mouth is genuinely disgusting at times.
>>
>>79327874

There's nothing wrong with doing a concept again, just do it well. I don't know how they decide what jokes hit or miss. The jerry-penis subplot was fucking hilarious. The TV watching was dull and not hitting the marks at all.
>>
>>79327891
Kys retard
>>
File: 1476547874696.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476547874696.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
because rick is a shitty character honestly, he's literally >tfw to inteligent to not be drunk
>>
>>79327917
Rick is written retroactively though
>>
Too reliant on gimmicks.

Can't pull of emotional scenes the way e.g. Bojack can because it doesn't follow any rules so they just look out of place.

Constant deus ex machinas prevent suspense.
>>
BAZOOKA!!
>>
>>79327454
4chan hates it because people in general like it.

4chan straight up loves to be contrarian about these things.
>>
HARMON QUEST IS BETTER
>>
>>79328173
Rick and Morty is LOL LE RANDUMB Reddit tier humor.
>>
>>79326962
season 2 was pretty shit compared to season 1, it went from wacky adventures with alcoholic doc and humorous interactions between clearly flawed people to attempting to push character progression to the foreground
>>
>>79328209
No it's not, you've clearly never watched it
>>
>>79328173
le science! xD
>>
>>79327454
I think you have it backwards. If you watch the improv done in the first season, it actually feels like any other surreal adult swim show. Look at robot chicken or ATHF, they also have a lot of WTF moments with some inserts. Before adult swim went popular, it was known for not giving a fuck and trying any sort of shit they found funny. IC did this by obviously showing that they were improvising, and it's obvious they know it's awkward and stupid, but AS does that kind of shit. Yes, it will may be hit and miss, but has there been a completely consistent AS show? Re-watch space ghost to see what I mean. I suppose the problem is, that because it was a massive success, executives cannot pull shit on the fans because probablyany of them don't know how AS generally acts, and they will get extremely butthurt if at least one fabric gets canonized next season.
>>
>>79328237
Stop lying.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1380x744px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1380x744px
>>79328237
>>
>>79326962
literally 9gag the series
>>
9gag & iFunny
>>
>>79327981
Rick can create a universe, his brain should have already calculated every probable chance of being arrested by the Federation.
>>
File: 1486741816072.jpg (17KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1486741816072.jpg
17KB, 542x540px
>rangebanned from /v/
>Rangebanned from /g/
>Not rangebanned from /tv/, /a/, or /VG/

ww@ phonebros
>>
Shows that promote atheism are against God's wishes for humanity
>>
>>79327454
/tv/ is just contrarian to the extreme.

Every other media board has a reputation for hating things, but it's mostly superficial, you can still have a serious discussion about pretty much everything on them.

/tv/ on the other hand is a cesspool, the contrarianism stems from the fact that it wants to be "edgy" like its siblings, except it doesn't understand what actually gives them their reputation, or more importantly, doesn't understand the subject of the board itself. Which is both funny and sad seeing as how film and TV series are the easiest and the most braindead types of media - maybe this is the problem, overran by normies who want to discuss tabloids.
>>
Promotes nihilism and atheism
>>
>>79328571
I LOVE neil degrassi tyson and bill nye

so cheers reddit, this show goes splendidly with a frosty IPA
>>
>>79328571
I've never seen someone so assblasted that other people don't like their unfunny cartoon.
>>
>>79327454
/tv/ hates it because the subreddit got popular. Im amazed Trump remained popular on /pol/ after the_donald got big but i guess a meme candidate is different than a meme show
>>
>>79328509
>>79328628
You know they show Rick as miserable, right? The only criticism of religion was the giant head episode, and it was more about blind followers. Because something has a theme, it doesn't mean it promotes it. By your reasoning, 1984 promotes totalitarian regimes.
>>
>>79326962
they rip off doc and mharti
>>
Seems like people can't criticise it without using a bunch of buzzwords and memes. But this board is full of retards so I don't expect actual criticisms.

I enjoy the show. You faggots just parrot bullshit that literally means nothing.
>>
>>79328848
Found the Redditor.
>>
>>79328237
>Hey Morty **BUUUURP!!!1* HOLD THE WHEEL, I GOTTA MASTURABATE!!
Yeah, not random and wacky at all.
>>
>>79328872

Not an argument, and exactly what I was talking about.
>>
>>79328668
>>79328728
I didn't even see the thread I was in, I don't particularly like R&M, the post was just something I was thinking about lately and wanted to write down.
>>
>>79327708
t. reddit
>>
>>79327978
>tfw too intelligent to greentext
>>
>>79327217
>nowadays

What about all of Hana Barbara? Just WB since then.
>>
They're extremely insistent on sticking to the format of having two stories in each episode when in nearly all episodes one of the plots is far less interesting than the other. Characters will struggle and have an epiphany in an episode, then act like that lesson never happened a few eps later. It's lazy writing.

Very hit or miss show that has a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>79329214
>They're extremely insistent on sticking to the format of having two stories in each episode when in nearly all episodes one of the plots is far less interesting than the other. Characters will struggle and have an epiphany in an episode, then act like that lesson never happened a few eps later. It's lazy writing.

that's the case for 90 % of sitcoms in general though

i don't think networks accept shit outside of that format
>>
>>79329237
what about venture bros?
>>
>>79328848
The only real argument against it is that most of its interesting features stem from Roiland's randumb improv humor firing off of Harmon's knowledge of sci-fi and fiction in general, which is the basis for every single episode. The moment either of them stops giving a shit it'll immediately sway into one camp and get cancelled.
>>
>>79326962
T-tal... talk... talk... talking like this gets old when it's literally every five minutes.

Also the pseudo nig speak and dance numbers I could do without. First few episodes were the best, then it got thick with the above as though they didn't have a joke but wanted to insert something funny.
>>
>>79327921
>>79328966
>waaah my stormweenie /pol/ race war posts get deleted on the hobby boards FUCKING SJW MODS REEEE
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.