[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come humans still have jobs in the sci-fi kino future? Shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: the_expanse_1.jpg (47KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
the_expanse_1.jpg
47KB, 620x368px
How come humans still have jobs in the sci-fi kino future?
Shouldn't the robots have taken over already?
>>
I want Naomi and Asian chick to hook up for at least one night
>>
>>79324673
People are cheaper and more flexible.
>>
>>79324673
is expanse the best thing syfy ever made?
>>
>>79324673
Why does this and Dark Matter force the whole THE FUTURE IS DIVERSE! thing?

it's really annoying
>>
File: 21258.jpg (17KB, 478x385px) Image search: [Google]
21258.jpg
17KB, 478x385px
>>79324796
I wonder why...
>>
>>79324796
>THE FUTURE IS DIVERSE!
because it probably is, probably even more so than in the actual show
>>
File: IMG_0267.jpg (206KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0267.jpg
206KB, 1032x774px
>>79324796
Because the SJW won. Remember most of this shows show us dystopian futures. Their are redpilled as fuck.
>>
>>79324859
>patel
>>
>>79324796
To be honest at the rate we're going in the future whites will be something like 5% or less of the global population while shitskins and chinks take it over completely. If anything there shouldn't be any white people in future settings.
>>
>>79324939
yes, you can read anon, that's nic
>>
>>79324796
These are "non-whites" doing absolute shit-tier jobs at the Belt.

Don't you alt right cuckolds fantasize about "dae shitskins doing crap jobs" or something in pol
>>
>>79324673
robots should do everything and everyone should get a universal living wage so i can follow my dream of getting high and having sex all day
>>
>>79324673
Yeh it's a pretty big plothole. In the future basic income will be implemented and shitty capitalism will be killed off
>>
>>79324673
Hate to break it to you kid, but the reason sci-fi movies get the future wrong, is because humanity has no future, and there is nothing to predict. We're not going to explore the universe or develop anything more, things are just going to get worse till everyone's dead, but that's not a popcorn, turn your brain off movie for the whole family.
>>
>>79324997
I can only imagine they fantasize whites doing the shit jobs, since they want to deport mexicans and bring back 1$/day jobs from China.
>>
>>79324673
They banned the use of AI after the Butlerian techno-Jihad
>>
no budget for robots
>>
>>79325040
>things are just going to get worse
When? It's been getting better since the mid 19th century at least...
>>
>>79324796
Fuck white people
>>
>>79325095
we'll just burn up all the fuel and stay landlocked before we get a foothold in space
>>
>>79325067
>ywn be an autistic mentat
>>
>>79324673
I actually think this is a pretty significant oversight. I mean, it makes the story more approachable to contemporary audiences, but I don't think it's entirely representative of the future of mankind.

You know what I unironically think is the most accurate representation of future Humanity, assuming we don't kill ourselves in the meanwhile? Wall-E. A society more or less entirely dependent on machinery. I don't think this is strictly a bad thing--the sooner we can abandon flesh and ascend to metallic consciousness, the better, imo.
>>
>>79325120
20 years lad, 20 years :^)
>>
I like the diversity of accents. That is realistic I think.
>>
>>79324796
It's a trend, that will keep happening whether or not you or anyone else likes it. People will keep on mixing until there is more or less a light-brown majority, and various individual races will be all be small minorities
>>
>>79325120
We could make a railgun or a catapult of sorts to launch stuff into space.
>>
>>79325014
thats actually what most of the population of earth is doing in the book. thats why mars and the belt hate them, they view them as lazy pieces of shit that dont work for anything. mars works to terraform their planet. and the belt extra hate earth because they are basically working to keep lazy earthers happy.
>>
>>79324928
what drives someone to make an image like this?
>>
>>79325095
look up the fermi paradox
>>
>>79324771
So far? Yeah. BS:G went to shit. No telling if Expanse will do the same but it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>79325232
just lol @ you thinking its about mixing

blacks and chinese are simply multiplying more and whites are multiplying less

everybody will just be chinese kek
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 637x349px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19KB, 637x349px
>>79325313
I don't need to look it up, but I do need you to explain why you think it's important in this context.

>>79325327
Just because there's a lot of them doesn't mean this will always be true...
>>
>>79325385
>>79325313

Oh nvm, I see you're just deeming one of the scenarios put forth as the inevitable one.
But it's just like, your opinion dude.
>>
So is Space Cop suggesting they steal the Mormon's ship and ram it into Eros? That's just mean.
>>
>>79325487
How can the mormons afford it?
>>
>>79324965
this is probably going to happen, but it's unrealistic to portray such a society reaching the stars. only white people have the unique mix of traits and cultural imperatives that would propel them in that direction. asians and africans are not explorers by nature, and even the most famous chinese and arab explorers were really just traveling along known trade routes and writing travelogues. a future global society dominated by them will be inward looking and focused on practical problems on Earth
>>
>>79325301
(you)s
>>
>>79325669
'no'
>>
>>79325067
>yfw Brian and Kevin retconned the Butlerian Jihad from an ideological change in human thinking to a full blown Skynet robot rebellion
>>
>>79325109
That's racist, nigger
>>
>>79324673
because of the speed of light limitations. If a space ship comes across a problem it could take hours for the ship to alert home and then get a response back on what to do.

Plus it would be a boring story and not relatable with no humans in it.
>>
>>79324673
>Shouldn't the robots have taken over already?
They have in some capacity but humans apparently are cheaper since there are a ton of them, this series is set in the near future so that could be the reason too.
>>
>>79324859
The vast majority of that graph is chinamen and indians. there aren't going to be many of the mixed race americans that people think of when they hear diversity.
>>
>>79324796
all the main earthers are white, the martians are poos and texans and the belters are all the other scum that got kicked off earth to slave on asteroids
>>
>>79326270
>texans aren't white
>>
>WHY does a show about the future of humanity as a whole show disgusting non-white people
/pol/ pls
>>
>>79325385
so india will be the next superpower
great
>>
>>79326270

I haven't seen the second season yet. Is there someone from Texas playing a Martian?

I thought the only plausible southerner I've seen so far is Amos, and he's supposed to be from Baltimore in the books.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.