[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The whole point of this movie is fucking stupid. That 18 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

The whole point of this movie is fucking stupid. That 18 years old killer was clearly guilty and that was obvious from the start. But but sure lets belive that everything for just coincidence, lets called not guilty everytime there is 0,000001% that he didn't do it. Let's release 10 thousand criminals just spare that one that was actually innocent.
This is just retarded way to think,it that world there will be no sentences because you always can find some bullshit and said that there is doubt.
>>
I agree completely and thought the protagonist's arguments were flimsy and sophistic, and founded upon a very bloated notion of what constitutes reasonable doubt. I was yelling at the screen through the entire movie.
>>
>>79320865
You might be retarded anon. There was no evidence proving his guilt.
>>
It's just one very specific made up case and there was enough evidence he was actually innocent. Calm your autism
>>
Hello, reddit!
>>
>>79320925
No alibi, knife, lady from another building, grampa from downstairs, case closed
>but fuck with that lets come up with bullshit reasons why this is irrelevant and let violent killer loose LOL
>>
>>79320865
Why did the jurors basically have their own trial? I thought it was the lawyer's task to present the evidence and do the arguing
>>
>>79320865
*tips fedora*
>>
>>79320925
He was from slams do we need another reason? Everyone know what kind of people live there
>>
ITT: movies alt-right would never understand
>>
>>79320925
I watched this like a year ago, but I remember the fact that the woman saw the kid leaving, a testimony which the protagonist dismisses based on an ASSUMPTION that she wouldn't have her glasses on, when no such mention was made of this in court.

It's not even lawful for the jury to speculate or investigate like this.
>>
There should be epilogue that show that "kid" kill some women few days after releasing him from arrest
>>
>>79320983
>>79320998
>>79321008
>>79320925
>>79320939
Impressive how a movie that's supposedly meant to inspire skepticism ends up with everyone just blindly going along with what the protagonist said.
>>
>>79320865
As always the "point" of the movie flew over your little autistic brains.

protip: it doesn't matter is he guilty or not

The movie just shows that we need the "not guilty until proven" system if we want to keep the actual innocent people out of prison as much as possible, with the cost of letting a small number of guilty people free.

Did he do it or not doesn't matter, that's just a plot device for the narrative
>>
>>79321153
You don't understand the concept of reasonable doubt, and neither does the movie, which stretches the notion far outside its boundaries. Beyond reasonable doubt doesn't mean complete certainty, which is impossible to achieve, it means strong enough evidence, which certainly was there before the protagonist disguised behind sophistry and illegal speculation.
>>
>>79321295
This wasn't an educational video about reasonable doubt, you moron.
>>
>>79321295
google "presumption of innocence"
>>
I watched the tv movie with james gandolfini, tony danza, jack Lemmon etc.
Bunch of old farts in that version of the movie. Made the scene make no sense when one guy says 'don't talk to this elderly juror like that, it's disrespectful' while saying that to another old dude. Racist jew got changed into a black dude from the brotherhood of Islam.
>>
>>79321334
>>79321365
Law isn't science.
>>
>>79321489
>Law isn't science.

???
What kind of connection is that?
Who said anything like that?

What does science have to do with any of this?
>>
>>79321489
>>79321551
I presume he meant that law is not that clear cut, it has room for and needs interpretation depending on the circumstances.
>>
>>79321365
nice non-argument, retard. the presumption of innocence is linked to the concept of reasonable doubt, or do you think you can't convict regardless of what happens in court?

you clearly have no clue what you're talking about, so just stop posting
>>
>>79320865
Doubt exists always. That's the point loser. But we literally place people's lives with other, biased people's lives.
>>
>>79320865

The point of the movie is how people can be swayed by those with conviction. Like one juror can sway an entire room of jurors. The entire point is that they all changed their minds despite the overwhelming evidence. If you were too stupid to understand the movie, that isn't the movie's fault.
>>
>>79321102

It's almost like that was the point or something.
>>
>>79321610
it's good that at least someone realized that the movie is about rhetoric being more important than truth
>>
>>79321625
maybe, but normies talk about the movie as if it were about how "truth will out!!", so clearly most people didn't get it
>>
>>79321102
They don't blindly go along since they have to be convinced, and he's not the only one making points. Or do you mean they should be skeptic about being skeptic?
>>
>>79320865
Fuck you, this movie has Quincy which makes it automatically good.
>>
>>79321677
this just in: normies misunderstand intelligent films
>>
>>79321686
I was referring to the quoted posters blindly agreeing with the protagonist and not tolerating any dissent.
>>
>>79321716
>12 angry men
>'intelligent films'
hahah
>>
>>79320865
>Let's release 10 thousand criminals just spare that one that was actually innocent.
>This is just retarded way to think
There's definitely something retarded going on, but you're on the wrong side of it.
>>
>>79321818
>hahah

not an argument
>>
>>79320865
please end your miserable life as soon as possible my dear amigo friend
>>
>>79321776
Oh yeah. Good point.
>>
>>79320865
Literally redit: the flick
>>
>>79321950
calling anything by Sidney Lumet reddit is a sign of a first class supreme pleb
>>
>>79320865
The point is that it's better to let a crime go unpunished than to condemn an innocent man, and it's not a stupid point at all. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>79321841
Argument against what ? It's just laughable
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.