[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some other movies with broken characters that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1486719509741.jpg (255KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1486719509741.jpg
255KB, 1280x853px
What are some other movies with broken characters that are trying life again?
>>
>>79319904
My autobiography.
>>
>>79319904
The Woodsman
>>
Its kind of a funny story
>>
Half Nelson with Ryan Gosling.

Affliction with hell of a performance by Nick Nolte. Objectively top 25 performance ever.

The Master with Phoenix.

That Danish detective trilogy starting with The Keeper of The Lost Causes. Main detective is like Lee as a detective.

Leaving Las Vegas with Nic Cage.
>>
>>79320528
>affliction
My man. Just read the book after seeing it. Highly recommended! Loved Las Vegas too although yeah.

The Wrestler- Mickey Rourke's comeback film, old wrestler gives it another go
Silver Linings Playbook- Bradley Cooper has a breakdown and trys to get his old life back
>>
>>79320723
>Bradley Cooper has a breakdown and trys to get his old life back

He was very good in that movie. People say the movie is overrated. Maybe but Cooper killed it.

I will read the book if you say so mate. Definitely check the Danish cop triolgy I posted. You will like it. Detective stuff is generic but the leading actor is great.
>>
>>79319943
>implying you're trying at all
>>
>>79320857
I'll have my cousin check into it. I'm a degenerate neet and pretty cheap.
Oh I forgot to mention American Beauty too- Kevin Spacey gets sick of his bitchy businesswife and starts living for himself, another highly rated.
>>
>>79319904

that character is not trying; he's waiting for the end
>>
>>79320528
>three of my twenty favourite movies in this list
>I loved MbS too
>I'm normie as fuck and don't really relate to broken characters at all

What the fuck
>>
>>79319904
The Fall, the movie with Lee Pace
>>
>>79319904
Oslo August 31
>>
Shame
The Master
Manchester by the Sea

The holy trinity of recent films about broken men.
>>
>>79321233
MbS?
Also forgot:
Flight- Denzel an alcoholic pilot is goin thru some stuff, very very good

Shitposting-tier but could technically be argued:
Skyfall
Anchorman 2
Zoolander 2
>>
>>79321394

Manchester by the Sea, forgot the t
>>
>>79321394
And I'm a retard because I forgot
Crazy fucking Heart: Alcoholic country singer played by Jeff Bridges drinks too much
and the motherfucking GLADIATOR: needs no introduction.

>>79321422
Shit, I'm a double retard this morning.
>>
it's got an american vibe to it so I'm not too fond of it, I liked the affleck brother though
>>
>I'm Still Here
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Manchester By The Sea

This guy knows how to pick projects jesus christ
>>
>>79319904
The Wrestler
>>
The Snuggler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DsUTW4MdtM
>>
LEE ME ALON
>>
>>79321121
This is correct. OP missed the whole point of the movie.
>>
>>79323423
You missed the entire last 15 minutes of the film
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.