[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tv/ like Galaxy Quest? Or is nothing sacred to you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: GQSW.jpg (1MB, 3203x4245px) Image search: [Google]
GQSW.jpg
1MB, 3203x4245px
Does /tv/ like Galaxy Quest? Or is nothing sacred to you contrarian fucks?
>>
>DUDE STAR TREK LMAO
>>
who gives a shit what /tv/ likes

have you fucking seen this board, why would you want anything to do with their taste
>>
I remember seeing it when it came out with my mom who was a massive fangirl for the original star trek when it came out, she really enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1478276801962.gif (798KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1478276801962.gif
798KB, 500x200px
Is Guy, dare I say it, /ourguy/?
>>
I didn't really find this or Spaceballs to be all that funny. All the jokes seemed really obvious to me. But everyone always goes on about them so whatever.
>>
I don't get where she finds the arrogance of making fun of star trek when she starred in a movie that ended with her pretty much naked for no reason other than for "LOL ALMOST NAKED WOMAN OMG!"
>>
>>79315409
Yes? Either that or anyway lack respect for it, otherwise you wouldn't make fun of it
>>
>>79315349
Galaxy Quest is in no way making fun of Star Trek. It's a loving parody and is not trying to bash it at all. Weaver is in the movie because she's a sci-fi icon.
>>
File: 1486605801098.png (430KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1486605801098.png
430KB, 500x479px
>>79315526
>>
>>79313774
Galaxy Quest was one of the few unquestionably liked movies on /tv/ during the golden age.
>>
>>79314153

good point. especially now that its' basically a /pol/ colony filled with fucking retards.
>>
>>79315349
It's supposed to make it scarier by making her seem more vulnerable.
>>
>>79313774
I fucking hate Tim Allen but the rest of the movie is pretty good. The whole plot with Justin Long and the convention is stupid though. I would have liked it better if it was just a straight parody of space operas instead of some convoluted meta plot
>>
File: 1485359570942.png (158KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1485359570942.png
158KB, 666x607px
>>79315349
What the fuck am I reading
>>
Great film. Great breasts.
>>
>>79316807
>The whole plot with Justin Long and the convention is stupid though

The movie really wouldn't work without this though. The Thermians are essentially those weirdos at the convention with a real spaceship. A big theme of this movie is the power of fandom and fans in general.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.